WildFact
Tigers of Central India - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: Tigers of Central India (/topic-tigers-of-central-india)

RE: Tigers of Central India - sanjay - 11-22-2016

This is a new unknown male tiger from pench tiger reserve, Seoni, MP India . He looks huge but what I like about this image is the staring of tiger right to the photographer Rituraj Jaiswal , wonderful shot

Huge male tiger from Pench tiger reserve, India
*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Tigers of Central India - parvez - 11-22-2016

(11-22-2016, 06:09 PM)sanjay Wrote: This is a new unknown male tiger from pench tiger reserve, Seoni, MP India . He looks huge but what I like about this image is the staring of tiger right to the photographer Rituraj Jaiswal , wonderful shot

Damn god, weak hearted people surely will suffer a stroke.

RE: Tigers of Central India - Kingtheropod - 11-22-2016

(11-20-2016, 01:18 AM)Pckts Wrote:

Abhijeet Mude Minh Ha sir can u please tell me the weights of tigers & tigresses which were collared in kanha like konda male I am very much keen to know
Like · Reply · 1 · November 17 at 10:26pm

Minh Ha I'd like to, but my friend at WII who shares it with me would like me to keep it to myself, so I can't break the promise. But the same friend also commented on this group before, that of the 2 males Konda and Banda who were collared in Oct and Feb 2007 respectively, both exceeded 225kg and since the scale only went up to 225kg, their exact weight can't be measured. Let me stress that when Jai (considered the biggest indian tiger by many) was collared in Sep 2015, his weight was 220kg. It means he's smaller than Banda and Konda. And Banda and Konda are simply 2 average males of Kanha; Munna and Umarpani male are bigger than them. In fact, Bhima exceeded Jai's weight when he was 2.5 yrs old; and by now he's most likely some 80kg heavier than he was at 2.5 yrs old, so again he's much bigger than Jai. Also, another son of BMW of pench, poisoned this Jan, weighed 225kg at 2.5 yrs old as well. Kanha and Pench are the 2 national parks where the biggest tigers of India are found. Collarwali of Pench, weighed 145 kg at 2.5 yrs old when measured in March 2008.
Like · Reply · 3 · 22 hrs

Abhijeet Mude Thanks Minh Ha sir for sharing very interesting information but sir in case of jai his Weight was far less considered as per his gigantic size when jai was sedated second time he weighed 240 told by ranger to my wildlife rescue team mate
Like · Reply · 13 hrs

Minh Ha Abhijeet when Jai was weighed 2nd time in March this year he weighed 215kg. It was confirmed to me by my WII friend :). Jai is never gigantic. He's a small tiger with a bulky build. Even so, his bulky build is far from unique. A lot of tigers have the same level of bulkiness, but bigger and far bigger. SOme examples include Munna, BMW, Muktar Singh, Karai Ghati male, Uma male and Bhima.
Like · Reply · 11 hrs · Edited

Hi pckts. Can you find me the original text to that in the facebook? I'm having a hard time finding it.

Konda and Banda make that two more adult males, both exceeding 225 kg. The quote from Minh Ha also confirms what Vijay has said. The other subadult of 145 kg is also interesting. The weight for Jai, of course has already been confirmed, he weighed 220 to 238 kg (scale had 18 kg margin of error), but its interesting to know he was weighed a second time. One claiming 240 kg and another 215 kg. Best thing to do would be to go with original figure c.230 kg as this one was confirmed with detail with range of 220-238 kg scale margin of error (Karoo; Pers. Comm. 2015).

It's a shame they did not give an estimate for these weights. It would have been nice to know what they guessed the weight for these tigers that all exceeded their scales.

RE: Tigers of Central India - Kingtheropod - 11-22-2016

Pckts, never mind. I found them. The following are screen shots of the post made previously. The reason I post these is just in case the post gets deleted on Facebook. I would recommend file saving these images for future reference.

And the one for Jai (Second time)

RE: Tigers of Central India - Pckts - 11-22-2016

@Kingtheropod
Check out the "impressive females" thread, I posted the females weights and images there as well.

Mrityunjay Kanwar
Chota Munna.
Kanha.
Oct16
See in full screen mode.

Amol Rapte
I Love My Territory
===============
Link 7 Male aka Chhota Munna
Nov - 16

Rachit Singh

The Queen In Waiting :
While she apparently spent most of her childhood away from glaring eyes of tourists, it is heartening to see her come of age. She now seems not only to be expanding her territory gradually but also seems to be warding off any threats from Neelam or her mother, the Mundi Dadar female with much aplomb.
She also happens to be one of the bolder females of Kanha zone these days & needless to mention, she looks all set to rock sighting logs this season. It could only be a matter of time before she is anointed Queen of Kanha !
Thanks Vijayarajan bhai
:-)
Link-8 Female,
Nov- 2016
Kanha Tiger Reserve.

RE: Tigers of Central India - sanjay - 11-23-2016

@Pckts, I appreciate your postings, But I request you to upload the images directly (first download them and then upload), Many of your old posts image links are broken (from previous post) and this will create problem in future.
Read this thread for more information

http://wildfact.com/forum/topic-do-not-insert-images-from-wbesite-like-facebook

RE: Tigers of Central India - Pckts - 11-23-2016

(11-23-2016, 12:09 AM)sanjay Wrote: @Pckts, I appreciate your postings, But I request you to upload the images directly (first download them and then upload), Many of your old posts image links are broken (from previous post) and this will create problem in future.
Read this thread for more information

http://wildfact.com/forum/topic-do-not-insert-images-from-wbesite-like-facebook

I know, it's just the additional steps that get tiring at times which is why I always try to provide the link as well.
I just need to get more familiar with imgur.com and go from there.
I'll try to be better about it.

RE: Tigers of Central India - sanjay - 11-23-2016

(11-23-2016, 12:13 AM)Pckts Wrote: I just need to get more familiar with imgur.com and go from there.

You don't need to get familiar with imgur, it is already integrated with wildFact upload functionality.
Please take some time and read this thread http://wildfact.com/forum/topic-how-to-upload-image

In short, use the 3rd last black icon (with letter "i" ) in the text editor to upload images from your computer, mobile or other devices.

Nitin Ule
My friend Sachin Shintre clicked this photo in 2014

Can anyone identify this male Tiger. He clicked it in Buffer Zone

May be one of Waghdohs sons^^^

RE: Tigers of Central India - Roflcopters - 11-23-2016

without a doubt, It's Khali. any idea which side of the buffer it was taken?

(11-23-2016, 02:51 AM)Roflcopters Wrote: without a doubt, It's Khali. any idea which side of the buffer it was taken?

No, the photographer never got back to the guy when he asked.

Ravi Bandhavgarh
Mahamn Male T39
#Bandhavgarh
#Tiger
22 November 2016
Www.Bandhavgarhstripes.com — at Bandhavgarh Tiger Stripes.

#Bandhavgarh
#Tiger
22 November 2016
https://www.facebook.com/Bandhavgarh-Tiger-Stripes-4904996…/
— at Bandhavgarh Tiger Stripes.

New kankati

Bandhavgarh — at Bandhavgarh Tiger Stripes.

Kunal Kendurkar

Everybody is a photographer

(Maya's Male Cub)

RE: Tigers of Central India - Roflcopters - 11-24-2016

now that i think about it, this male photographed in the Buffer zone (Nov/2013) was Khali and he's not a stranger to the bufferzone like many people thought, he's been around for 3 years.

RE: Tigers of Central India - GuateGojira - 11-24-2016

Great information guys, this data is very important. We finally know the weight of the two Kanha males, but sadly, is another "bottomed the scale" figure.

This is really disturbing, why they don't have larger scales? Now we have another two 225 kg+ males with no exact weights. Disappointed

The other ones should be included. By the way, I have a new weight of 197 kg for a 4 years old male tiger from Tadoba Andari, weighed in camera, I take it from a documentary. I am going to put it here as soon as I can. By the way, he measured 287 cm in total length (187 cm in head-body), probably taken "along the curves following a straight line", like is showed in videos for other Indian tigers.

Greetings.

RE: Tigers of Central India - GuateGojira - 11-27-2016

Tadoba-Andhari tiger of 197 kg:

Well, here is the case of a young adult tiger that was a cattle eater and that attacked a farmer when he tried to protect a cow. So, the animals was captured and resulted that it was a male of about 4 years old, with a large injure in a paw, broken canines and a deep cut in its nose. The animal was measured along the curves, but sadly the video doesn't show if it was hold straight or not. However, when they measured the tail, they hold the tape straight, so we can guess that it was measured in a straight line, like many Indian tigers. The results are:

Weight: 197 kg.
Total length: 111 inches (282 cm).
Tail length: 38 inches (96.5 cm).

The only thing that bothers me is that when they weighed the tiger, a small portion of the head and back legs are actually in the air, so is possible that some "weight" could be missed in the procedure, but never mind.

This is the name of the documentary, in case that someone want to see it. I saw the program in Spanish.

This is where they mention the weight of 197 kg. She says that it was a large animal. They also mentions the figure in the video.

If you ask who she is, here is her name:

Here is an image of the tiger, when they accommodate to the surgical table:

The animal is a little compressed in order to fit in the table.

So, apart from Gabbar (185 kg), we have a new weight from the Tadoba-Andhari reserve. Sadly, is not from a healthy specimen, but it seems worthy of been included in our table of modern records.

Sorry for the bad quality of the video, but I filmed it in a rush.