WildFact
Captive Lion and Tiger weights - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Captive & Domesticated Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-captive-domesticated-animals)
+--- Thread: Captive Lion and Tiger weights (/topic-captive-lion-and-tiger-weights)

RE: Captive Lion and Tiger weights - Pckts - 03-17-2020

Craig just claimed this is Baikal

*This image is copyright of its original author

But as most of here know, we haven't been able to get confirmation on this being Baikal and the weights quoted for the Baikal that was killed by the 2 younger Cats have been highly disputed.

RE: Captive Lion and Tiger weights - Hello - 03-17-2020

He also said that he fed 14 kgs of meat before his day of weighing

RE: Captive Lion and Tiger weights - Amnon242 - 03-17-2020

I discovered my e-mail to zoo Prague from 2014. 
Background: In 2011 I asked them via their web pages how big is their asiatic lion Parys. They told me that he has been weighted couple of times and his biggest weight was 178 kg. 

In 2014 I asked them once again (perhaps someone from wildfact asked me to do it...I dont remember) and this is their reply. They estimate his weight to be 160 - 170 kg. And he was born in 2002

RE: Captive Lion and Tiger weights - Amnon242 - 03-17-2020

Thats him, my photo, taken in 2015. BTW I share my photos only here, you wont see them anywhere else so I hope you appreciate that 

RE: Captive Lion and Tiger weights - Pckts - 04-01-2020

Craig Kennion

"Our largest male lion was 221 kg our largest male Amur was 282 kg. The lions was more firey although when the tigers was in a bad mood it was not funny"

RE: Captive Lion and Tiger weights - Hello - 04-02-2020

(04-01-2020, 09:57 PM)Pckts Wrote: Craig Kennion

"Our largest male lion was 221 kg our largest male Amur was 282 kg. The lions was more firey although when the tigers was in a bad mood it was not funny"

Here are they 
Negus (221 kg) from Blackpool zoo

and Kistora at 283 kg,44'' tall when standing

Negus again

RE: Captive Lion and Tiger weights - Shadow - 04-02-2020

(03-17-2020, 09:52 PM)Pckts Wrote: Craig just claimed this is Baikal

But as most of here know, we haven't been able to get confirmation on this being Baikal and the weights quoted for the Baikal that was killed by the 2 younger Cats have been highly disputed.

Fur pattern of this tiger isn´t the same as Baikal has. When talking about that "famous Baikal", which was said to be something like 800 lbs, but was in reality 550 lbs. So in this Craig is wrong. Of course this can be some other tiger named Baikal, who knows. It would be interesting to know from which zoo this photo is taken though. That tiger looks good.

(04-02-2020, 01:22 PM)Shadow Wrote:
(03-17-2020, 09:52 PM)Pckts Wrote: Craig just claimed this is Baikal

Fur pattern of this tiger isn´t the same as Baikal has. When talking about that "famous Baikal", which was said to be something like 800 lbs, but was in reality 550 lbs. So in this Craig is wrong. Of course this can be some other tiger named Baikal, who knows. It would be interesting to know from which zoo this photo is taken though. That tiger looks good.
This is also Baikal but different and he is a studbook tiger from a french zoo called Mullhouse but I have a report saying 200 kg.The 550 lb Baikal is from Cherrybrook zoo or Assiniboine zoo who died in a fight with 2 younger males ,there is also another Baikal from colchester zoo.Here is the report of 209 kg Baikal

Story of Oleg Zubkov and lion Lord - sbelobaba - 04-03-2020

Once upon a time there was a young businessman, Oleg Zubkov, who 25 years ago, started building his first private zoo Skazka (fairy tale) in Crimea, Yalta. The project turned out to be successful, and 10 years later, he decided to build a lion safari park named Taigan. At the time when the park was opened, there were about 50 lions living in the savannah that was surrounded by a metal fence. Tourists walked through the park along the bridges elevated 3 meters above the ground, and thus they could observe the life of the lions as if they were living in the African savannah. When the lions were released into the savannah, they enjoyed living the life of lions, created prides, chose a leader, gave birth to their offspring and, although it did not happen very often, they could even kill an opponent in a fight. No one, not even maintenance personnel, nor the owner of the park Oleg Zubkov entered the territory of the savannah. Perhaps it could have continued like this, had not an incident occurred in the first year of the park’s operation...

RE: Captive Lion and Tiger weights - sanjay - 04-03-2020

I think this park was recently closed by authority ?

RE: Captive Lion and Tiger weights - sbelobaba - 04-03-2020

(04-03-2020, 07:23 PM)sanjay Wrote: I think this park was recently closed by authority ?

Yes, it was closed by the Crimean authorities in December but since then the Federal Government intervened and made the local Crimean authorities to cut a peace deal with the owner of the zoo. He was ready to open this park in April but all of a sudden this pandemic came and now the opening date when all the lions are set free in the savannah, April 18, is threatened.

RE: Captive Lion and Tiger weights - Hello - 04-03-2020

Kistora 282 kg,44'' tall when standing

RE: Captive Lion and Tiger weights - Amnon242 - 04-05-2020

And this is yet another Baikal. Around 250 kg (weighted). My photo, he was around 12yo I think. I took this photo in 2012. Average height, but long and massive.

RE: Captive Lion and Tiger weights - Amnon242 - 04-05-2020

And this is Mauglis, 246 kg at the age of 13. Not my photo, I dont know how old he is at the photo, but he must be 13yo or older.