WildFact
Leopards of Sabi Sands - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Leopard (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-leopard)
+----- Thread: Leopards of Sabi Sands (/topic-leopards-of-sabi-sands)

RE: Leopards of Sabi Sands - Tr1x24 - 04-14-2022

(04-14-2022, 09:51 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Panthera makes maps but unfortunately they are only available to rangers or their friends. I managed to get my hands on an old version but not much should have changed. A few leopards have died and few more have become territorial 

Wow, yea its a year old map but much should'nt be different.

It would be cool to make a map with info and picture for each individual leopard, but with so many leopards around, that would be quite a challenge.

Who are the oldest males current in Sabi Sands? I know that Tingana, Nyeleti and Dewane are quite old.

RE: Leopards of Sabi Sands - Tonpa - 04-15-2022

(04-14-2022, 10:14 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(04-14-2022, 09:51 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Panthera makes maps but unfortunately they are only available to rangers or their friends. I managed to get my hands on an old version but not much should have changed. A few leopards have died and few more have become territorial 

Wow, yea its a year old map but much should'nt be different.

It would be cool to make a map with info and picture for each individual leopard, but with so many leopards around, that would be quite a challenge.

Who are the oldest males current in Sabi Sands? I know that Tingana, Nyeleti and Dewane are quite old.

Hmm not sure, Tingana Is thought to be dead now, and I think Dewane might have passed away too. He was last seen around Skukuza in January looking bad 

I think Inyathini might be the oldest male in the SS, he's one year older than Nyeleti

RE: Leopards of Sabi Sands - Tr1x24 - 04-15-2022

(04-15-2022, 12:26 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Hmm not sure, Tingana Is thought to be dead now, and I think Dewane might have passed away too. He was last seen around Skukuza in January looking bad 

I think Inyathini might be the oldest male in the SS, he's one year older than Nyeleti

Yea, looks like Tingana was not seen since August, i remember him been seen at WildEarth, but I tought it was more recent.

RE: Leopards of Sabi Sands - Luipaard - 04-15-2022

(04-14-2022, 09:51 PM)Tonpa Wrote:
(04-14-2022, 06:18 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Hey guys, im not that much knowledgeable on leopards as on lions, i mean i follow them occasionaly. 

My question is, is it possible to make entire map of leopards in Sabi Sabi?? 

I mean, some areas are quite well covered with reports such as northern Sabi Sands, western Sabi Sands, Londolozi and parts of MalaMala, but do we have enough info from southern parts (Kirkmans Camp, Lion Sands, Southern MalaMala) to do so??

Panthera makes maps but unfortunately they are only available to rangers or their friends. I managed to get my hands on an old version but not much should have changed. A few leopards have died and few more have become territorial 

*This image is copyright of its original author

That's quite an informative map. Thanks for sharing. I'm surprised there were much more sightings of leopards than of lions who are more numerous. I suppose the rumour of Sabi Sands leopards being less elusive is true after all.

(04-15-2022, 02:49 PM)Luipaard Wrote:
(04-14-2022, 09:51 PM)Tonpa Wrote:
(04-14-2022, 06:18 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Hey guys, im not that much knowledgeable on leopards as on lions, i mean i follow them occasionaly. 

My question is, is it possible to make entire map of leopards in Sabi Sabi?? 

I mean, some areas are quite well covered with reports such as northern Sabi Sands, western Sabi Sands, Londolozi and parts of MalaMala, but do we have enough info from southern parts (Kirkmans Camp, Lion Sands, Southern MalaMala) to do so??

Panthera makes maps but unfortunately they are only available to rangers or their friends. I managed to get my hands on an old version but not much should have changed. A few leopards have died and few more have become territorial 

That's quite an informative map. Thanks for sharing. I'm surprised there were much more sightings of leopards than of lions who are more numerous. I suppose the rumour of Sabi Sands leopards being less elusive is true after all.

I think for the lions, prides and coalitions are grouped together, so a sighting of a whole pride would still be 1 lion sighting maybe? 

Hlambela born July 2018, son of Boulders and most likely Ravenscourt (or atleast Ravenscourt thinks he's the father) 

RE: Leopards of Sabi Sands - Tonpa - 04-17-2022

Should be Hosanas third set of offspring, he is thought to have a son with Nkangala, and now cubs with Nkuwa and Serengeti

Kuchava and her daughter this morning 

N'weti Male 

RE: Leopards of Sabi Sands - Tonpa - 04-19-2022

Euphorbia 

RE: Leopards of Sabi Sands - Tonpa - 04-21-2022

Langa 

RE: Leopards of Sabi Sands - Tonpa - 04-21-2022

Nhlanguleni Female and her cub

RE: Leopards of Sabi Sands - Tonpa - 04-25-2022

Nkova male. The son of Msuthu 

RE: Leopards of Sabi Sands - Tonpa - 04-29-2022

Shasha and Langa today. Littermates from the Sibuye female. Gives you a nice idea of the size difference of male and female leopards at the exact same age.  (Two years 8 months old).
Video by sanath Jai

RE: Leopards of Sabi Sands - Tonpa - 04-29-2022

Thamba mating with Tisela