WildFact
The Matimba coalition - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: The Matimba coalition (/topic-the-matimba-coalition)

RE: the Matimba coalition - Rishi - 08-15-2017

(08-15-2017, 05:08 PM)Tshokwane Wrote: ...one of their fathers was weighted and ended up being 270 kg, which is one the highest weights a wild lion can achieve.

Wow..Can i get any link for that please? 

That deserves to be posted on "Wild lion weight & measurements" thread.

RE: the Matimba coalition - Michael - 08-15-2017

(08-15-2017, 07:01 PM)Sideliner Wrote:
*This image is copyright of its original author
Safarilive Fans‏ @safarilive_fan Aug 12

At 13 years of age, the mighty Ginger Matimba had almost no scars on his face. Unshakable character! @mala_mala @BrentLeoSmith #safarilive

Unconfirmed news ... use it don't use it ......
Yeah I haven´t seen anything supporting this claim other then one guy spamming on twitter probably not true

RE: the Matimba coalition - Tshokwane - 08-15-2017

(08-15-2017, 07:47 PM)Sideliner Wrote:  You are entitled to your opinion but to call me or Safarilive a spammer is uncalled for especially for a new member like you. I look forward to more positive contributions from you in future.

Now, take it a notch down, please. That condescending tone is irritating, considering he was just sharing his reticence just as I did.

I just took a look at the link you posted, and there is zero mention of what you shared...

And, just to leave it clear, neither of them is "13 years of age". They're younger than the Majingilane males.

Quote:Safarilive is probably one of the most reliable eye witness reporters on wildlife in Africa.

The show and broadcast are allright, but that is merely a hashtag. Anyone can share what they want, and we already know there are some fanatics that like to share misinformation, on twitter and also on facebook, which coincidentally I just saw one particular page admin saying that.

That smells like misinformation to me, so my advice is that you take the time to check how accurate the info is. 

It's ok to share news, but don't be so quick to take offense if it's questioned when there is no way to know how accurate it is.

EDIT: No wonder I didn't find any of it in the actual safarilive hashtag...

It's from a "fan page", not only saying that Ginger was dead and of course not replying to anyone that asked for further proof, but also spamming that HB was "dominating" the Birmingham male, just as that facebook page I said was doing.

So, regardless of what has happened with Ginger, because we don't know, that particular news is false.

RE: the Matimba coalition - Michael - 08-15-2017

(08-15-2017, 07:47 PM)Sideliner Wrote:
(08-15-2017, 07:21 PM)Michael Wrote:
(08-15-2017, 07:01 PM)Sideliner Wrote:
Safarilive Fans‏ @safarilive_fan Aug 12

At 13 years of age, the mighty Ginger Matimba had almost no scars on his face. Unshakable character! @mala_mala @BrentLeoSmith #safarilive

Unconfirmed news ... use it don't use it ......
Yeah I haven´t seen anything supporting this claim other then one guy spamming on twitter probably not true
Michael Safarilive is probably one of the most reliable eye witness reporters on wildlife in Africa. You are entitled to your opinion but to call me or Safarilive a spammer is uncalled for especially for a new member like you. I look forward to more positive contributions from you in future. Will you apologize if the info is correct? Nowhere did i claim the info to be the holy gospel.
So sensitive I just stated what I´ve seen I went to the hashtag and all I saw was only one person claiming Ginger was dead that same person didn´t show any evidence to support their claims, I watch SafariLive as well and none of the presenters mentioned anything about Ginger Matimba being dead or even attacked.

I didn´t call you anything and I didn´t even mention safarilive, plus I don´t see how me being a relatively new member of this forum is relevant.

If you are indeed correct and Ginger Matimba is in fact dead well kudos to you, you were the first to report the incident why would I need to apologise.

RE: the Matimba coalition - Abomai - 08-15-2017

(08-15-2017, 11:00 PM)Sideliner Wrote:
(08-15-2017, 08:00 PM)Tshokwane Wrote:
(08-15-2017, 07:47 PM)Sideliner Wrote:  You are entitled to your opinion but to call me or Safarilive a spammer is uncalled for especially for a new member like you. I look forward to more positive contributions from you in future.

Now, take it a notch down, please. That condescending tone is irritating, considering he was just sharing his reticence just as I did.

I just took a look at the link you posted, and there is zero mention of what you shared...

And, just to leave it clear, neither of them is "13 years of age". They're younger than the Majingilane males.

Quote:Safarilive is probably one of the most reliable eye witness reporters on wildlife in Africa.

The show and broadcast are allright, but that is merely a hashtag. Anyone can share what they want, and we already know there are some fanatics that like to share misinformation, on twitter and also on facebook, which coincidentally I just saw one particular page admin saying that.

That smells like misinformation to me, so my advice is that you take the time to check how accurate the info is. 

It's ok to share news, but don't be so quick to take offense if it's questioned when there is no way to know how accurate it is.

EDIT: No wonder I didn't find any of it in the actual safarilive hashtag...

It's from a "fan page", not only saying that Ginger was dead and of course not replying to anyone that asked for further proof, but also spamming that HB was "dominating" the Birmingham male, just as that facebook page I said was doing.

So, regardless of what has happened with Ginger, because we don't know, that particular news is false.
OK i see, it is fine to call someone's post a spam quote without any evidence to the contrary. In my view that is intolerant and disrespectful.  I get reprimanded for taking offense, but the offender is complimented by comparing his comment to yours with which i had no problem with. I sound condescending and am described as irritating but his condescending comment about my bona fide contribution is endorsed. 

Well i find those personal remarks by you as the dominant male disappointing and irritating and will as a result immediately stop irritating you with any further posts of which i was not an eye witness - which will be 0. To declare that news as false without having proof yourself that it is indeed false, is also fake news. There is some other very interesting gossip about Hairy Belly doing the rounds, but i cannot share it with you because i am waiting for confirmation from 5 other sources. 

Since i don't feel protected in this coalition anymore and the dominant male finds my comments irritating and does not like my attitude and some some sub-adult male is throwing his weight around too much for my liking, i have decided to become a nomadic male again. Thanks for the time we shared together. Happy fighting amongst each other.

What i can say, is that i never attacked any fellow forum member first during my time as active member. I just defended myself like any proper lion would  and got severely reprimanded in a belittling way by the boss.  When i really get hungry i shall come and scavenge some bones on this site with so much potential, but with too much infighting and personal attacks. So cheers and walk well.

You do realize Michael was talking about someone spamming on twitter, not you spamming here, don't you?

RE: the Matimba coalition - Tshokwane - 08-16-2017

(08-15-2017, 06:35 PM)Rishi Wrote: Wow..Can i get any link for that please? 

Here it is: http://wildfact.com/forum/topic-lions-in-south-africa-zimbabwe-and-namibia?page=3

Post #37.

RE: the Matimba coalition - sik94 - 08-16-2017

So HB is still in northern malamala and in close proximity to a birmingham male, probably the same birmingham who confronted HB on the buffalo kill as reported by malamala.

RE: the Matimba coalition - sik94 - 08-16-2017

That footage is very inconclusive to tell if its a broken leg. He looks in okay condition though, if its only limping then he should be fine as long he is able to move freely.

RE: the Matimba coalition - Tshokwane - 08-16-2017

@Sideliner 

Again you use as info merely what one person is saying, not actual information from the people on the ground, like you know, the rangers of MalaMala.

Until they say something about him, then the opinion of someone is just that. Now, everyone can have their opinions, but a very different thing is promote is as if it's actually true, and that is what that account you're using as source is doing.

And, one more thing.

Spare me the victim act. A mere warning to use better sources instead of blatant misinforming ones, doesn't mean I'm kicking you out.

But rules are rules, and I won't allow misinformation to be spread just to saveguard your precious feelings.

RE: the Matimba coalition - Fredymrt - 08-17-2017

Well, better late than never, here I found a bit of info on them,

From Mluwati Concession
March 2017- Lions:
Welcome to another edition of our monthly newsletter on the beautiful Mluwati concession. It was another very interesting and exciting adventure for all concerned. The bush is starting to thin out a little more but we did have some late rain which replenished the empty pans just before the end of the rain season which is always nice. There was a lot of excitement around and concern as two big black maned male Lions(Matimba males) suddenly appeared on concession on a Buffalo kill and stayed around for a week or so patrolling some areas of the concession. We were worried that they might find some of our females and their cubs in which case as it is in nature they would have killed them but our Lionesses did a good job of evading these intruders and for now.

May 2017 Lions
The concession has been a hive of activity as far as these big cats were concerned this month. The two big males (Matimba Males) that came into the area last month had a run in with the Mluwati pride. One morning they tried to take a kill away from our Mluwati females and our two dominant males and after a brief skirmish they ran back into the Manyeleti and have not being seen since.

July 2017 Lions

This was another interesting month as far as the big cats go. First off, the Matimba male lions where seen a couple of times around concession and seem to favouring the north-western areas of the concession. On one particular day, we had our Imbali/Mluwati pride on some open plains for the whole day eyeing out some Wildebeest when the vehicles returned in the morning they found the two Matimba males on a Buffalo kill, with the females and cubs Leaving the area, we not sure but we assume the females had pulled the Buffalo down during the night and the Matimba males had stolen it from them. So, while they were busy eating the females left the area with the seven sub-adults who the males would try kill.
https://hamiltonstentedcamp.co.za/july-2017-mluwati-concession/

RE: the Matimba coalition - Chris - 08-17-2017

Out of the 7 cubs more I guess of the tsalala pride how many are males and females?

RE: the Matimba coalition - sik94 - 08-18-2017

https://www.facebook.com/MatimbaMalelion/videos/341211866323200/

Here is additional footage of the altercation between the birmingham male and HB. The birmingham male is nsuku (100% sure), at 0:21 in the video you can see HB not putting much if any weight on his left hind-leg and he is definitely carrying a decent injury but it seems to be recoverable.

RE: the Matimba coalition - T Rabbit - 08-18-2017

the matimbas are done as a dominant coalition. hairy belly is only worry in eat something, he has no more chances in rule some pride or sire more offspring. and his leg looks like in some bone trouble, not a superficial injury. i think he is done as dominant male. is sad to see that awesome legendary man in that situation. but its life and he sired a lot of cubs in his dominant time.

RE: the Matimba coalition - LionKiss - 08-18-2017

@Chris

4 males

2 about 18 months old
and 2 about 7 months old

RE: the Matimba coalition - Fredymrt - 08-18-2017

Credits mpfouche
Location Elephant plains

So awesome to see Hair belly Matimba again