WildFact
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara (/topic-other-male-lion-coalitions-from-masai-mara)

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Mdz123 - 04-06-2022

The Bila Shaka males

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BigLion39 - 04-06-2022

Its amazing usually Doa is the one not with his bros but here he is and Kibo is not seen.!

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Gabriele - 04-10-2022

Lolparpit 

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Pinto Bean - 04-16-2022

(03-08-2017, 05:52 AM)sik94 Wrote: Are Mara lions bigger than the kruger lions? Other than the matimbas, most sabi sands and KNP lions seem smaller in size like maybe 10-15% smaller.

bro, Scarface is smaller than any of B-boys, Waza Waza from B-boys was weighed at 272 kg with stomach content. Nsuku was one of the smallest of them, maybe Scar was his size

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Pinto Bean - 04-17-2022

Hello guys, does anyone know what happend with Earless? He is alive?

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Tr1x24 - 04-17-2022

(04-17-2022, 01:35 AM)Pinto Bean Wrote: Hello guys, does anyone know what happend with Earless? He is alive?

I think he disappeared into Serengeti.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Tr1x24 - 04-17-2022

(04-16-2022, 07:58 PM)Pinto Bean Wrote: bro, Scarface is smaller than any of B-boys, Waza Waza from B-boys was weighed at 272 kg with stomach content. Nsuku was one of the smallest of them, maybe Scar was his size

I think you mistaken something, who is Waza Waza?

Neither of Bboys was ever weighted.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Pinto Bean - 04-17-2022

(04-17-2022, 05:29 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(04-16-2022, 07:58 PM)Pinto Bean Wrote: bro, Scarface is smaller than any of B-boys, Waza Waza from B-boys was weighed at 272 kg with stomach content. Nsuku was one of the smallest of them, maybe Scar was his size

I think you mistaken something, who is Waza Waza?

Neither of Bboys was ever weighted.
maybe bro, i read that Waza Waza was old Birmingham boy, maybe i read wrong information. Waza Waza was coalition partner of Mabande from Timbavati. Mabande was brother of Ximpoko who was poached and then Mabande formed new coalition with Waza Waza. He was weighed at 272 kg with stomach content... probably 242-252 kg empty

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Gabriele - 04-18-2022

I don't think the largest lions in the Kruger weigh more than 230-250kg at most. It is a great burden for a lion. Perhaps the largest in the Serengeti can reach 260-270, but they are very rare.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Tr1x24 - 04-18-2022

(04-17-2022, 03:24 PM)Pinto Bean Wrote: maybe bro, i read that Waza Waza was old Birmingham boy, maybe i read wrong information. Waza Waza was coalition partner of Mabande from Timbavati. Mabande was brother of Ximpoko who was poached and then Mabande formed new coalition with Waza Waza. He was weighed at 272 kg with stomach content... probably 242-252 kg empty

Never heard that they called him Waza Waza.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Tr1x24 - 04-18-2022

(04-18-2022, 12:13 AM)Gabriele Wrote: I don't think the largest lions in the Kruger weigh more than 230-250kg at most. It is a great burden for a lion. Perhaps the largest in the Serengeti can reach 260-270, but they are very rare.

Yea, 190-230 should be average for Kruger males, maybe theres very few males that surpass that and reach 250 kg (empty stomach).

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BigLion39 - 04-18-2022

How could you compare Scar to any lion in the Kruger without having information to back it like weight, height,  etc.... pictures can for sure mislead the outcome. Morani was the biggest in the coalition from what i read and he wasn't an extremely "big" lion.
And is the lion hes referring to named  "Waziba"? Not "waza waza"?

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BigLion39 - 04-19-2022

Credits to; Lenny Koshal

I took some screenshots from his video.

1/4 Black Rockers, Oloimina, his back left hip and tail  is in bad shape. He must have reinjured himself hunting or something sometime after his altercation with Jesse in this past month or 2. It pains me to see him like this. On a positive note atleast his belly is somewhat full and has been eating. I hope he can pull through. These types of injuries are tough to recover from and treat.  To make matters worse we can see atleat 1 of his brothers, Olobor, does not tolerate him very well as I've seen atleat 1 video of him being aggressive towards him.  Lokurlop seems to be a good buddy of his and I've not seen any footage of Oloshipa and Oloimina together.. I really Hope he recovers. After loosing Oloisiado(Longo2), they'd be down to 3 if he doesn't make it. Fingers crossed!

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Lipstick2 - 04-19-2022

(04-16-2022, 07:58 PM)Pinto Bean Wrote:
(03-08-2017, 05:52 AM)sik94 Wrote: Are Mara lions bigger than the kruger lions? Other than the matimbas, most sabi sands and KNP lions seem smaller in size like maybe 10-15% smaller.

bro, Scarface is smaller than any of B-boys, Waza Waza from B-boys was weighed at 272 kg with stomach content. Nsuku was one of the smallest of them, maybe Scar was his size

How do you know this? Mara male lions look bigger because of their larger, longer and thicker manes and their more massive bodies, and the lionesses also look bulkier in the north-eastern regions (Masai Mara, Serengeti, Ngorongoro, etc.) than the southern females. This must be the case, due to the richer supply of prey.

The Musketeers were not such huge and massive males as the Notches (and his/their descendants), the 4km males (Lipstick) or Olerai with his Sankai-Lemek boys (Seenka and his bros) or the old Sand River males were. But I think they had to be bigger than the Birmingham males, because at first sight they looked bulkier significantly than them. But as Tr1x24 said, they were never measured, either the Musketeers nor the Birminghams so we couldn't estimate or compare them exactly with each other. Everything else is just an assumption.
Furthermore, Scarface seemed the greatest among the Musketeers (for example in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xWYV_QJ7Z8 ), but i don't know exactly if it was because he really was the tallest or just because he had the most powerful largest mane.

I've read many cases that some rangers estimated the late Notch-coalition member Caesar at about 280kg, which means he may had been the largest of the Mara lions all and one of the largest lion in all Africa too. Notch2 had a bit smaller body, but he had larger mane, so he was estimated at about 250kg. These numbers are means monsters, which is a good indication of the size of the Mara lions. I wouldn't think any Kruger or Sabi Sands lions could compete with these. This 272kg you said, may be a mistake (as is the name), because it seems an impossibility to me. An another infamous Mara male lion Lipstick was also ranked into the largests group, and as I recall, there were many speculations as to how big he could had been compared to the Notch brothers. But noone really saw them side by side (the confrontations between the two big coalitions around 2010 were not recorded), so we don't really know the exact size similarities or the differences. However, according to many speculations - for example in this Forum-thread years ago - Lipstick did not have such a large body (as the Notches) and it only seemed so large due to his huuge mane. What are your thoughts on this?

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Lipstick2 - 04-19-2022

Credit: Charlotte Rhodes

Handsome Nyekundo and Osupaat are doing great, they will turn 5 years at this year, so they are still very young but going to go on straight into their prime years. For now, they became the pride males to the smaller Enkoyanai pride obviously, which consist of 4 females recently, 3 of them are with cubs now. As the sons of the former Fig Tree males Mardidadi and Kaka, they carry the famous 4km bloodline in themselves. 

Hope, they will be a very successful duo as their grandfathers were.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cb2g8XANptw/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link