WildFact
Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Captive & Domesticated Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-captive-domesticated-animals)
+--- Thread: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity (/topic-zoos-circuses-safaris-a-gallery-of-captivity)

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - johnny rex - 01-02-2019

(01-02-2019, 06:04 PM)Pantherinae Wrote:
*This image is copyright of its original author

Big amur male.

Did you personally observed this tiger too? Is it of particularly extra-large specimen?

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Pckts - 01-03-2019

A couple of big boys have a discussion through the fence

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - sanjay - 01-04-2019

Here is a video that give quick glimpses of comparison between male Tiger and Male Lion.

Just watch and enjoy don't start vs debate

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - sanjay - 01-04-2019

Here another video (I think both are same). They are fighting this time

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Shadow - 01-05-2019

Here is something for fans of these amazing animals :) Obviously these animals can be more intelligent, than many "fans" of them Wink At least some individuals. Start from 0:23 if not wanting to hear chinese language spoken, at least I didn´t understand a word Grin

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Shadow - 01-05-2019

Here is another one, which is nice to watch when seeing, that these animals get along and looks like having reasonable enclosure to be in. Not some concrete cube.

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Pckts - 01-05-2019

(01-05-2019, 06:16 AM)Shadow Wrote: Here is another one, which is nice to watch when seeing, that these animals get along and looks like having reasonable enclosure to be in. Not some concrete cube.

The big pride from bjwt.

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Rage2277 - 01-07-2019

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Rishi - 01-17-2019

©Harmit Ahuja
After being thoroughly irritated by the onlooking tourists the14-year-old male tiger Betal of Pt. GB Pant High Altitude Zoo in Nainital, makes an aggressive charge. An interesting Tiger behaviour observed by me for the first time in captivity in a Zoo.
As per a comment below the video, he was a man eater & killed 5 people near ramnagar .

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - ShereKhan - 01-18-2019

People that provoke and antagonize animals at the zoo piss me off. I've yelled at people for it.

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Amnon242 - 01-18-2019

(01-05-2019, 06:16 AM)Shadow Wrote: Here is another one, which is nice to watch when seeing, that these animals get along and looks like having reasonable enclosure to be in. Not some concrete cube.

IMO example of unnatural mentality of captive animals

(01-04-2019, 08:06 PM)sanjay Wrote: Here another video (I think both are same). They are fighting this time

As I wrote in 1.333, I saw many similar skirmishes between male tiger and lioness (both 1yo). In a video it could look like quite serious thing, but in fact it was completely playfull

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Shadow - 01-18-2019

(01-18-2019, 04:34 PM)Amnon242 Wrote:

IMO example of unnatural mentality of captive animals

Of course. But nicer to see them get along than fighting, when kept in small enclosures with each others. Probably these animals have lived together from very young age. Too many times there are those fighting videos, when lions and tigers are forced to live in same small enclosure. From one place was like 3-4 different fights on different videos, luckily in that case it looked like, that in last video one male lion had finally clear dominance and no need to fight anymore. But that makes to think sometimes, that would they really just have waited if some animal can be found dead one day.

I belive that vast majority of us condemn when animals are kept in such conditions that there are serious fights between them. On the other hand I dont think that breeding of mild "peacefull" felids is the ideal way to go (yes, its better than fights ending with injuries or deaths, but thats not the issue). 

This photo is from private zoo, 5 tigers, perhaps 10 lions, some leopards, wolfes...Of course the animals are kept apart, but they see each other, there is a rivality between them and they keep each other alert. Animals in this zoo appear to be quite agressive (as they should be)...and they are in perfect physical condition (btw they are extremely successfull in breeding)

White kruger (very huge, my estimate around 250 kg) and tigress snarling at each other.