WildFact
Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Captive & Domesticated Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-captive-domesticated-animals)
+--- Thread: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity (/topic-zoos-circuses-safaris-a-gallery-of-captivity)

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Apollo - 09-15-2016

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Amnon242 - 09-15-2016

Mods: seriously, I thought that Wildfact is not meant for posters who are obviously immature, obsessed and unable to participate in rational debate. Id say that presence of deranged people spoils the forum. Intelligent people dont feel confortable when they have to share the same place with childish weirdos (and may leave the forum to do something usefull and not to waste their time with morons). Behaviour of people like blackleopard (who is probably
one of "notorious" morons from AVA) downgrades this forum wich (as I think) was meant to be the opposite of all those AVA forums which are full of blockheads and nonsence.

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - st147zar - 09-15-2016

*This image is copyright of its original author

Grin

(09-15-2016, 06:49 AM)Blackleopard Wrote:
(09-15-2016, 01:14 AM)Amnon242 Wrote: I know this family personally. They have raised also tigers and jaguars. According to their opinion, jaguars are the "worst", while lions are like dogs - relatively easy to treat. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB90teqIWSE

You just have to see a lot of different cats from different places, and talk to different experts from those places as well as trainers, that is if the trainers will tell you anything. 

I was told a lot of stuff from some top people, so its not really my opinion that the lion is stronger over all for its size.  People who have worked with these cats for decades in large sanctuaries have told me that.  I was actually told by one expert that the lion's muscular structure is twice as strong as the tigers, this guy had a lot of experience and owned one of the largest sanctuaries.  I was also told a similar thing from several other completely different places, even by Doctors and Vets.

This is ONE BIG LIE. You have never talked to any expert, because if so, you wouldnt post such a crap all the time. And no trainer, doctor or vet would even talk to you - they dont want to waste their time with somebody who is obviously a childish moron.  

You simply fabulated it.

"lions muscular structure twice as strong"....ridiculous. Mods please ban him, cant you see that this boy is oviously mentally sick?

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Blackleopard - 09-15-2016

Guys I was just quoting what an owner had told me, and other experts as well.  I'm not making anything up, you have to understand, there are some very thick lions in their body, and some very thin tigers there.  This was the owners opinion, and similar opinions I was told by other experts including a Doctor Vet.  Some forearms on the tigers are also going to be quite a bit stronger than some lions.

Here is pretty cool tiger, I believe his name was Ziggy if I can remember.  He was good size, the enclosures in this place in Arkansas were among the best I had seen.  The problem is they gave the animals so much size and room, you didn't see many of them.  This tiger had the thickest fur I had seen of any tiger.

[attachment=595]

Zoo Prague

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Apollo - 09-15-2016

@Amnon242

Ive edited your posts and directly embedded the youtube videos to your posts.
So try to do the same in future.

(09-15-2016, 11:30 PM)Apollo Wrote: @Amnon242

Ive edited your posts and directly embedded the youtube videos to your posts.
So try to do the same in future.

Thank You

Small zoo, but nice. I prefer smaller zoos like this. Zoo Prague is huge and impressive, but sometimes there is 15 000 visitors per day, which is crazy. Anyway, I will visit this zoo next week, so I hope Ill take some interesting photos. In the video you can see sumatran tiger and sri lankan leopard. They have also big collection of smaller cats. In Czech republic, the conception and developement of zoos is coordinated by the Ministry of Environmental Affairs. And according to the conception this zoo is focused on smaller felids.

Next week Im going to visit also this zoo. Again, small, nice and with pleasant atmosphere. They have amur tigers and himalayan brown bears. This zoo is focused on european fauna...but in this decade they extended their focus to the whole palearctic fauna (thats why they have amur tigers, those bears and wolverines).

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Amnon242 - 09-16-2016

amur (zoo)

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Amnon242 - 09-16-2016

Asiatic (not my photo)

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Siegfried - 09-16-2016

@Blackleopard Ziggy is at Turpentine Creek in Arkansas.  He is said to be the largest cat there.

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Apollo - 09-16-2016

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Amnon242 - 09-17-2016

amur tiger observed by Wildfact correspondent