WildFact
Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Captive & Domesticated Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-captive-domesticated-animals)
+--- Thread: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity (/topic-zoos-circuses-safaris-a-gallery-of-captivity)

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Spalea - 09-27-2019

Did he call anybody ? Several voices answered him.

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Hello - 10-01-2019

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Hello - 10-02-2019

Estimate this lion's weight?

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Spalea - 10-06-2019

Two very opulently-maned lions...

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Hello - 10-09-2019

Zawadi, I contacted Oregon zoo about his weight, the biologist there said that he weighs 230 kg currently,His name is also in data regarding lion weights made by @Kingtheropod.To my surprise what makes him 230 kg? He must have larger dimensions (Height, length)  to be that much for his frame. What do you guys think? Does he look tall or average in Shoulder height?

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Pckts - 10-09-2019

(10-09-2019, 04:41 PM)Hello Wrote: Zawadi, I contacted Oregon zoo about his weight, the biologist there said that he weighs 230 kg currently,His name is also in data regarding lion weights made by @Kingtheropod.To my surprise what makes him 230 kg? He must have larger dimensions (Height, length)  to be that much for his frame. What do you guys think? Does he look tall or average in Shoulder height?

He's fairly tall at the shoulder but slim in the body, he doesnt look 230kg to me but I could be wrong. Both Han and Ali look larger than him and neither is 230kg so who knows.

(10-09-2019, 06:53 PM)Pckts Wrote:
(10-09-2019, 04:41 PM)Hello Wrote: Zawadi, I contacted Oregon zoo about his weight, the biologist there said that he weighs 230 kg currently,His name is also in data regarding lion weights made by @Kingtheropod.To my surprise what makes him 230 kg? He must have larger dimensions (Height, length)  to be that much for his frame. What do you guys think? Does he look tall or average in Shoulder height?

He's fairly tall at the shoulder but slim in the body, he doesnt look 230kg to me but I could be wrong. Both Han and Ali look larger than him and neither is 230kg so who knows.

Han may be shorter but robust and Ali may be comparable in height to Zawadi. Zawadi's description is average in build in the table

*This image is copyright of its original author

The lion at post #1625 ,Raja weighs 209 kg.Its very impressive how a 200 kg cat looks like.I estimated him to be 230-240 kg

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Pckts - 10-09-2019

(10-09-2019, 06:59 PM)Hello Wrote:
(10-09-2019, 06:53 PM)Pckts Wrote:

Han may be shorter but robust and Ali may be comparable in height to Zawadi. Zawadi's description is average in build in the table

I'd say Ali is taller imo, at Lions, Tigers and Bears they have a 525lb Tawny male, he's shorter shouldered but very stocky/overweight and they also have a 500lb White Lion that's very tall at shoulder with a similar build to Zawadi, I'd almost guarantee that the White Lion at LTB is much taller than Zawadi though. I'm 6'5 for comparison and this is the 525lb Male I'm talking about.

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Hello - 10-12-2019

Barbary

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Spalea - 10-14-2019

Burst of energy...

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - RakeshMondal - 10-14-2019

Muscular tiger.

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Lycaon - 10-16-2019

Healthy senegal lions in Fathala resereve.
Andy Silver

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Lycaon - 10-17-2019

Lucifer the asiatic lion.

RE: Freak Specimens - Hello - 10-20-2019

One of the biggest lions in the US at 650 ponds.Love his tall, long and average build.

poor fella passed away on 2012 at 14.