WildFact
Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Captive & Domesticated Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-captive-domesticated-animals)
+--- Thread: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity (/topic-zoos-circuses-safaris-a-gallery-of-captivity)

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris; A Gallery of Captivity - Sanju - 04-04-2019

Angry 

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris; A Gallery of Captivity - sanjay - 04-06-2019

Lions attack on his trainer.

I think this is recent videos from Ukraine.
Is it right thread to post this video?

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris; A Gallery of Captivity - Amayas - 04-08-2019

Lionesses attacking male lion. I think they are from Tama zoo in japan. The lions in this park always look in terrible condition, especially the males. 
This was very sad to watch. One female was plucking the male's mane like she was preparing prey. 
I think the lack of enrichment is to blame. They're taking out their wild instincts on the weakest one. 

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris; A Gallery of Captivity - sanjay - 04-08-2019

Hard to watch this video, What the hell Zoo administrative were doing?

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris; A Gallery of Captivity - johnny rex - 04-08-2019

Anything can happen in zoos. A lioness can kill a lion and vice versa.

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris; A Gallery of Captivity - Spalea - 04-08-2019

About #1505:

Revolting ! Into the wild either this lion would be expelled from its pride by other stronger males, or, feeling its strength decreasing, it would go away... This is an aberration of the captive life inside zoos, and of course, the zookeepers and all the teams (directors, vets...) are unable to prevent that.

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris; A Gallery of Captivity - Amayas - 04-08-2019

It would've been easy to intervene. It's a park, so they had vehicles to charge the lions with, or they could've sprayed them with water at least. 
Poor guy.

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris; A Gallery of Captivity - Sanju - 04-10-2019

HANDSOME lion wrangler Shandor Larenty is so busy with his lions and hyenas - who like to give him kisses - has no time for romantic relationships with girls. While his friends were out partying and enjoying their teens, the dedicated 24-year-old was working night shifts at The Lion Park near Johannesburg, South Africa, mucking out hyenas, watching over sick lions, or doing special night feeds with injured giraffes. While Shandor admits he’s doing his “dream job”, the work is demanding it means he has no time for a love life. Thankfully he does get affection from somewhere, but it’s usually from his furry friends at the park like Themba the hyena.

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris; A Gallery of Captivity - Rage2277 - 04-22-2019

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris; A Gallery of Captivity - Siegfried - 04-24-2019

From BJWT

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris; A Gallery of Captivity - Spalea - 04-24-2019

@Siegfried :

About #1512: where does this photo come from ? Can you name your source ?

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris; A Gallery of Captivity - Pckts - 04-24-2019

(04-24-2019, 09:34 AM)Spalea Wrote: @Siegfried :

About #1512: where does this photo come from ? Can you name your source ?

Its Sonny and Achiles from the black jaguar white tiger.
You should actually look up Achiles the Tigers story, it's pretty inspiring.

@Pckts :

OK, I just come to discover this video below... But as I am not a member of the facebook community - and willing not to be one  -, it's rather thin !

Nevertheless, not surprised to see that Achiles is a Sumatra tiger, because he is noticeably smaller than the lion "Sonny" who he plays with.

Thank you for your indications.

@Pckts :

An other video between the two cats, but here they are both cubs, and seemingly Sonny is the youngest one, because also the smallest... The keeper had to proctect him.

@Pckts :

I only just come to realize the size of this foundation "Black Jaguar - White Tiger". Impressive !