WildFact
Impressive Wild Jaguars - Pictures and Videos - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Jaguar (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-jaguar)
+----- Thread: Impressive Wild Jaguars - Pictures and Videos (/topic-impressive-wild-jaguars-pictures-and-videos)

RE: Impressive Wild Jaguars - Pictures and Videos - Balam - 07-04-2020

(07-04-2020, 03:28 AM)Dark Jaguar Wrote:
(07-04-2020, 02:19 AM)OncaAtrox Wrote: Very bad news, Tiago was found dead @Dark Jaguar

Thats terrible news I couldn't believe when I read your message.  Confused

I was really bad with Lampião Caatinga male's death and now this??

Both melanistic jaguars killed in less than 8 months in modern days what a tragedy.

I just spoke with Jorge and checked on Leandro's page him holding Tiagos skull, I noticed there are canines missing.  Weird

Leandro will tell details about what happened soon.

Disappointed

*This image is copyright of its original author

I'm really sad about it, I'm just hoping it wasn't due to poaching and instead natural causes. I also hope he was able to mate with some of the females of the area so his genes could live on.

RE: Impressive Wild Jaguars - Pictures and Videos - Dark Jaguar - 07-04-2020

@"OncaAtrox"

I think he was poached, I can see it in Leandro's face in that pic, I hope I am wrong though. as soon as he drops the video talking about it I'll translate everything in details and post.

(07-04-2020, 02:19 AM)OncaAtrox Wrote: Very bad news, Tiago was found dead @Dark Jaguar

Both melanistic jaguars dead in less than 8 months in modern days what a tragedy.

I just spoke with Jorge and checked on Leandro's page him holding Tiagos skull, I noticed there are canines missing.  Weird

Disappointed

I just heard the skull of Tiago cerrado male is going through autopsy.

What I know so far regarding Tiago's death is that he was found 20km away from the IOP sanctuary and Tiago (  Leandro's son ) mentioned as they already suspected he was dead in more than 10 days according to the collar company.

They suspected cause its not common Tiago male standing in just one place for such a long time even if he was feeding on a big carcass.

I will stay tuned on the autopsy results when he explains what really happened to this majestic animal.

Tiago ( Leandro's son ) with Tiago cerrado male's skull.

RE: Impressive Wild Jaguars - Pictures and Videos - Pckts - 07-04-2020

(07-04-2020, 06:30 PM)Dark Jaguar Wrote:

Both melanistic jaguars dead in less than 8 months in modern days what a tragedy.

Disappointed

What I know so far regarding Tiago's death is that he was found 20km away from the IOP sanctuary and Tiago (  Leandro's son ) mentioned as they already suspected he was dead in more than 10 days according to the collar company.

They suspected cause its not common Tiago male standing in just one place for such a long time even if he was feeding on a big carcass.

I will stay tuned on the autopsy results when he explains what really happened to this majestic animal.

Could you get skull dimensions?

(07-04-2020, 07:24 PM)Pckts Wrote:

Disappointed

That's something I am aiming to get as well but its very unlikely they would reveal it. that skull will probably join the dozens of other multiple sized modern jaguars skull inside their jaguar's skull/fur room.

That skull dimension would be very valuable on our books, it'd be the very first cerrado jaguar skull size.

I'll try to get those dimensions.

How big do you estimate it by looking at it??

(07-04-2020, 07:37 PM)Dark Jaguar Wrote:

Disappointed

That's something I am aiming to get as well but its very unlikely they would reveal it. that skull will probably join the dozens of other multiple sized modern jaguars skull inside their jaguar's skull/fur room.

That skull dimension would be very valuable on our books, it'd be the very first cerrado jaguar skull size.

It's very hard to guess, when I'm back in the office I'll try to view it on a larger screen and see if that helps. 
I'm very impressed by its height though, it looks powerful.

(07-04-2020, 07:40 PM)Pckts Wrote:

Disappointed

It's very hard to guess, when I'm back in the office I'll try to view it on a larger screen and see if that helps. 

I still recall a few months back when I first saw Tiago cerrado male (we didn't know his weight back then yet) then I asked your opinion about him I remember very well the first thing you said was he's got a massive skull haha.

In case I find any new footage of Tiago's skull I will try to capture it on different angles and post here so you can have a better idea on the estimation size.

(07-04-2020, 07:46 PM)Dark Jaguar Wrote:
(07-04-2020, 07:40 PM)Pckts Wrote:

Disappointed

I still recall a few months back when I first saw Tiago cerrado male (we didn't know his weight back then yet) then I asked your opinion about him I remember very well the first thing you said was he's got a massive skull haha.

In case I find any new footage of Tiago's skull I will try to capture it on different angles and post here so you can have a better idea on the estimation size.

The missing canines seem to point towards being poached.
What a waste!

@Pckts

RE: Impressive Wild Jaguars - Pictures and Videos - Balam - 07-05-2020

Monstrous male from Southern Pantanal on cattle kill. Look at his size....

Tusk

RE: Impressive Wild Jaguars - Pictures and Videos - Dark Jaguar - 07-05-2020

(07-05-2020, 06:01 PM)OncaAtrox Wrote: Tusk

I love his light yellow whiteish coloration.

The location says Paraná but they say in the video it's Mato Grosso, so here is another Pantanal hefty male

RE: Impressive Wild Jaguars - Pictures and Videos - Balam - 07-06-2020

Onçafari cameras captured yet another Southern Pantanal tanky male this past few months:

These new southern Pantanal males are easily rivaling the ones from the north, in fact these ones might be even more impressive imo.

RE: Impressive Wild Jaguars - Pictures and Videos - Dark Jaguar - 07-06-2020

(07-05-2020, 11:00 PM)OncaAtrox Wrote: The location says Paraná but they say in the video it's Mato Grosso, so here is another Pantanal hefty male

@"OncaAtrox"

I am very familiar with this male jaguar, his face is almost unmistakable for me. Its in north pantanal, this male I've seen him alot on Cevas like this video you posted.

Unfortunately it seems like he got used to this illegal practice some people still do and he often appears to get the easy meals offered by all of these idiots.

Here is a pic of him, he is indeed pretty big.

Other videos of him on the illegal Ceva.