WildFact
Nkuhuma Pride - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Nkuhuma Pride (/topic-nkuhuma-pride)

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - Tonpa - 10-08-2023

Chela this morning, I've not seen anything confirmed but word is she lost her cubs with the BDMS

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - Tr1x24 - 10-08-2023

(10-08-2023, 07:35 AM)Mapokser Wrote: Nkuhuma males today, one of them roared:

This was more of a contact call then roar.

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - KM600 - 10-08-2023

(10-03-2023, 11:59 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(10-03-2023, 11:18 PM)Mapokser Wrote: I'm also feeling that it is likely that we'll wake up one day to see Mohawk and the Nkuhumas chasing the BDM.

Normally the new coalition would have ousted Mohawk, scattered NK males and pressured the pride strongly a year ago. Seeing how things are right now, unless some other coalition like Kambula does it, Mohawk and NK will eventually get the advantage over BDM.

I think all 4 NK are over 4yo now, they're all ththe size of prime lions, one is a few months older and they have been seen roaring on a few occasions... How many months until these 5 lions decide they don't want to run from only 2? Especially when Mohawk was territorial for a long time? Especially when the bloodline of these NK are known for being precocious?

Maybe NK will eventually decide to off and become fully nomadic on their own, but for now it doesn't look like it's happening and BDM are almost beyond their ability to hold the edge against a coalition of 5.

NK's are ~ 1 year away from that, maybe a bit less (judging by other coalitions in this area), by that time, they will prob be gone from this area.

Only oldest male is few months over 4, 2 mid ones are born around this time in 2019, and youngest is 3 months or so short of 4.

Judging how they still hang closely to their pride and natal area is clear sign they are not really into territorial mode yet, they still consider themselves as part of the pride.

They will prob start roaming more area as time goes, with or without Mohawk  (as they did in Manyeleti and MM), similar to how 2 Talamatis start at their age in similar situation.

If they stay here by the mid 2024, then we might start speculating that they might become territorial here and oust S8 or BDMs.
Seems like they’ve started roaming the area, been chased a few times recently and everytime they’ve been without Mohawk. Shame really, I’ve been wanting to hear news that Mohawk has chased off the BDMs or whoever but just hasn’t happened, it’s kind of like he’s just existing at this point with Nkuhuma Pride not having any recent cubs and just being bullied by BDMs. I truly believe the second Mohawk is with his sons and instead of running actually challenges whoever it is, more than likely the YMs will do the same.

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - Tonpa - 10-09-2023

Chelas son

Purple Eyes son by Deon Kelbrick

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - afortich - 10-09-2023

(10-09-2023, 01:13 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Chelas son

Handsome young boy.

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - afortich - 10-09-2023

(10-09-2023, 01:56 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Purple Eyes son by Deon Kelbrick

This good looking guy looks like he's got a ponytail  Lol

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - KM600 - 10-09-2023

(10-09-2023, 01:56 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Purple Eyes son by Deon Kelbrick

Do they all have names because I know ppl have referred to this one as ‘Split-lip’ or ‘Lip-scar’ something like that, not sure if it’s official tho.

Only the older females are named, none of the 2019-2021 offspring have official names

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - KM600 - 10-09-2023

Been waiting for an update just wondering what Mohawk has been up to, spending a lot of time North-East recently.

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - afortich - 10-10-2023

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - Horizon - 10-10-2023

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - Tonpa - 10-11-2023

This morning - Chela, her son, and purples eyes sons

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - KM600 - 10-11-2023

(10-11-2023, 11:48 AM)Tonpa Wrote: This morning - Chela, her son, and purples eyes sons

Nkuhumas just having one big reunion with Chela now returning and I believe the old Talamati is still with them aswell.

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - KM600 - 10-13-2023