WildFact
Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage (/topic-birmingham-coalition-male-lineage)

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - criollo2mil - 02-09-2024

(02-09-2024, 12:40 AM)afortich Wrote:
(02-08-2024, 07:03 PM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(02-08-2024, 07:00 AM)afortich Wrote: White Birmingham boy Xakubasa with one of his brothers

wonder is  this is probably a better fit in either the Birmingham Pride or in the Timbavati Thread.  

my understanding is this tracks the lineage of the BBoys (Gowrie).   But maybe I am wrong....maybe mods can chime in.  

But I do know some call these Boys also "BirminghAM Coalition (im not a fan of that casue it just causes confusion)

You're right bro, I just realized now that they're not the lineage of the coalition.
Maybe Timbati Thread is better for these guys. Birmingham pride thread maybe is not as good because they're no longer part of them.
Yes buddy. I really love seeing them again.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Mapokser - 02-23-2024

Kambulas I think in Umkumbe:

*This image is copyright of its original author

K5?

K5's scars?

They said K5 was seen limping and injured after the fight with the BDM in Mala Mala at the beginning of the month. Maybe this is the reason the Kambula are more nomadic recently, even going down south?

If K5 or whoever is this male took the beating that it looks he took, I think what happened was that he was caught by the 2 BDM, but then his siblings arrived and saved him, one of the BDM was chased and the other caught, reason why one of the BDM had injuries of fighting multiple lions, just like this Kambula here also seems to.

Since it happened in Mala Mala at the start of the month, maybe we'll get details on the next game report, though I feel like the rangers missed the fight.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Horizon - 02-23-2024

The one with scratches on his back seems like K4, I could be wrong though.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Ngonya - 02-23-2024

(02-23-2024, 06:37 PM)Horizon Wrote: The one with scratches on his back seems like K4, I could be wrong though.
yes its him. Its more visible in other pictures

By Umkumbe river lodge IG

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Mapokser - 02-25-2024

Kambulas now in Sabi Sabi:

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Tr1x24 - 03-03-2024

Kambulas back north:

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Cath2020 - 03-09-2024

Looks like the sister is determined to stick to her bros for as long as possible.  At this point, I think only a major attack by another pride will compel her to leave.  She won't feel inclined to mate with them, hopefully. She could be using her time to build her own pride with other males instead of sticking to her 4 relatives.... I'd hate for her to get injured or killed.  

The 4 Kambula Breakaway Males could be the next big thing in SS; they are biding their time and will target a pride or two sometime this year, I feel.  I suspect the BDMs or Gijimas could be the most vulnerable, judging by how they are going back and forth, sizing up the competition.  The latter have a lot to lose though, as their cubs are quite young!  Even the oldest two in the Southern Pride could be at risk under a takeover attempt this year by the KBM.  Logically, though, the Gijima territories just makes more sense, with it encompassing the location of about 3 different prides, consisting of LOTS of females to mate with between the 4 of them.  The Gijimas will have to constantly be on the alert and and their options are to single out larger coalitions and attack by ambush.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Mapokser - 03-09-2024

Gijimas are much stronger than the BDM tho.

Kambulas however already knows they have the upper hand against the BDM but not necessarily against other duos as they have been chased by the PCM multiple times.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Tr1x24 - 03-13-2024

K2/Snip Tail:

Photo Credits: BigOnWild

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Tr1x24 - 03-19-2024

Roaring in Londolozi:

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Cath2020 - 03-19-2024

In N'was territory?!  Hope they don't go for their natal pride...yikes.  Repeat of the Tinswalow Males.  

I'm hoping they go for the Styx Pride since most of the females have yet to start seriously mating with any coalition.  There are enough of them in the pride for 4 males.

(03-19-2024, 06:54 AM)Cath2020 Wrote: In N'was territory?!  Hope they don't go for their natal pride...yikes.  Repeat of the Tinswalow Males.  

Not all Londolozi is N'ws territory.

In Londolozi today:

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - BA0701 - 03-19-2024

(03-19-2024, 03:46 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: In Londolozi today:

I assume their sister was nearby.<?>

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Mapokser - 03-19-2024

She was, all 5 said to be together.