WildFact
N'waswitshaka males - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: N'waswitshaka males (/topic-n-waswitshaka-males)

RE: N'waswitshaka males - T I N O - 10-19-2020

(10-19-2020, 09:39 PM)Hairy tummy Wrote: It was on a post by lions of Africa-wildlife videos. 
Read it on a few comments posted around on youtube too. Youtube not a very good source though is it

More than Youtube is the same channel called lions of Africa-wildlife videos. 
A Youtube channel called Scar give really very great sources and information.

RE: N'waswitshaka males - T I N O - 10-19-2020

(10-19-2020, 10:05 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(10-19-2020, 09:50 PM)BA0701 Wrote: I came across this video, which seems to be catching everyone up on recent lion news across the Mara and Sabi Sands, and it does mention a possible fight between the N'was and the Skukuza. The video also shows Sikio being treated by the vets, and mentioned that Lolarpit is actually doing well, given his recent struggles, @BigLion39 .

Yea, by Skukuza males they think of DeLaportes. 

(10-19-2020, 09:44 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: Those scars doesn't are recent.
Dreadlock has those scars much before than the fight that the N'waswitshaka were involved. Also  they are judging by the area on the Delaporte males were seen recently. But that doesn't mean that them have fight with them

First reports from rangers said that 2 Nwaswitshakas fight 2 "unknown" males at Lion Sands.. They either seen or heard 2 unknown males, otherwise they would not know that there where 2..

It was confirmed that S. Avoca where not in the fight, because they where seen morning after in Kirkmans Kamp.. 

Theres no other males in that area then DeLaportes, now, did they fought Dreadlocks/Talamati or maybe HRM/3T its unknown..

This discussion we already have, we dont need to do it again..its all said in previous posts..

Ok.

RE: N'waswitshaka males - Gijima - 10-22-2020

Is this the Belly Scar Male? He looks very pale. Hope he’s ok. (Graeme Steward-10/2020)

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: N'waswitshaka males - T I N O - 10-22-2020

(10-22-2020, 04:40 AM)Gijima Wrote: Is this the Belly Scar Male? He looks very pale. Hope he’s ok. (Graeme Steward-10/2020)

This is the gored male. (still without names) Hopefully SS rangers will given some good names to them on a near future or perhaps not.
He look very pale in this photo the sunlight plus the camera lens seems to change the colour of his skin.

RE: N'waswitshaka males - Tr1x24 - 10-22-2020

Nwaswitshaka male mating with Styx female :

Sabi Sabi said that NK and Styx boys havent been seen with the 3 Styx females for a while now..

RE: N'waswitshaka males - Cath2020 - 10-22-2020

I read that the Southern Pride female probably lost her cubs.  It's not unusual for first time mothers.  I hope she can get pregnant again soon by the N'was again if she's in their territory.

She's been seen a lot without her cubs alone....hanging out.  Either she lost them, or she's not a very attentive mom...

(10-22-2020, 04:05 PM)Cath2020 Wrote: I read that the Southern Pride female probably lost her cubs.  It's not unusual for first time mothers.  I hope she can get pregnant again soon by the N'was again if she's in their territory.

She's been seen a lot without her cubs alone....hanging out.  Either she lost them, or she's not a very attentive mom.

Its her first litter, and she is alone.. So yea, she will need more experience.. 

She will get in estrus again soon..

RE: N'waswitshaka males - Cath2020 - 10-22-2020

And for single lionesses, it's a lot more common to lose cubs.... So, with her being inexperienced, PLUS alone, with no support, it's quite unsurprising that all her cubs died, unfortunately.

N'ws are wasting no time with Styx lionesses, Lion Sands:

In few months we can expect a lot of cubs in Styx pride, and hopefully succesfull rebuild of this famous pride in their new "home" down south, under protection of 4 males..

Theres no big prides in that area who would be a threat to Styx's and their future cubs, so they should trive in that area..

(10-22-2020, 09:24 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: N'ws are wasting no time with Styx lionesses, Lion Sands:

In few months we can expect a lot of cubs in Styx pride, and hopefully succesfull rebuild of this famous pride in their new "home" down south, under protection of 4 males..

Theres no big prides in that area who would be a threat to Styx's and their future cubs, so they should trive in that area..

If the Styx pride if permains with the N'waswitshaka males have a great future. However the cubs have a long way to go after to reach the maturity
The one who really exciting me is that the Styx females are really great mothers and isn't the first time that they raising cubs healthy and well fed. Then at this stage we can say that N'waswitshaka are dominant over 2 prides?

(10-22-2020, 09:37 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: If the Styx pride if permains with the N'waswitshaka males have a great future. However the cubs have a long way to go after to reach the maturity
The one who really exciting me is that the Styx females are really great mothers and isn't the first time that they raising cubs healthy and well fed. Then at this stage we can say that N'waswitshaka are dominant over 2 prides?

Yea, theres no reason for Styx to leave N'ws and that area, but who knows with lions..

(10-22-2020, 05:11 PM)Cath2020 Wrote: And for single lionesses, it's a lot more common to lose cubs.... So, with her being inexperienced, PLUS alone, with no support, it's quite unsurprising that all her cubs died, unfortunately.

The serious problem is that the Southern pride female never wasn't mother before. This is their first time. Her still need even more experience and some skills on hunt by herself. She will turn in estrus sooner or later and with luck their 2nd litter of cubs will make it...
Sparta - Tsalala - Ximhungwe - Southern pride female Those females are the currently who carries their own dynasty and the one who can help to build again of what once was a mega pride of lions

RE: N'waswitshaka males - Tr1x24 - 10-26-2020

All 4 N'ws where seen mating with 3 females from Styx pride over the weekend:

RE: N'waswitshaka males - Tr1x24 - 10-26-2020