WildFact
Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Captive & Domesticated Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-captive-domesticated-animals)
+--- Thread: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity (/topic-zoos-circuses-safaris-a-gallery-of-captivity)

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Spalea - 09-05-2019

@lek_chailert

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Hello - 09-10-2019

Very large skull(very long and wide)I think Kruger types has the largest big cat skulls.

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Spalea - 09-10-2019

Irascible lion...

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - johnny rex - 09-10-2019

(09-10-2019, 03:18 PM)Hello Wrote: Very large skull(very long and wide)I think Kruger types has the largest big cat skulls.

*This image is copyright of its original author

If I'm not mistaken, Kruger lions have the largest skulls compared to other lion subspecies. Look at the white Kruger lions at Black Jaguar White Tiger rescue center. All of them have larger skulls compared to other lions like Han, Luke, etc.

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Rage2277 - 09-22-2019

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Shadow - 09-22-2019

This is a nasty one, hopefully something was learned about security issues. But painful experience for that tiger :/ Not nice to watch.

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Spalea - 09-22-2019

@Shadow :

About #1599: it's the title of the video which precises that the male lion saves the tiger*. Even if it isn't very clear on the movie. But it's quite stupid to put lions' and tigers' cage so close or in connection. The intervention of the male lion makes the lionness let go of the tiger's nail.

*Löwin greift Tiger an. Schau wie der Lowe ihn gerettet hat !". translated by "A lioness attacks the tiger. Look at how the lion saves him (the tiger)"

(09-22-2019, 06:31 PM)Spalea Wrote: @Shadow :

About #1599: it's the title of the video which precises that the male lion saves the tiger*. Even if it isn't very clear on the movie. But it's quite stupid to put lions' and tigers' cage so close or in connection. The intervention of the male lion makes the lionness let go of the tiger's nail.

*Löwin greift Tiger an. Schau wie der Lowe ihn gerettet hat !". translated by "A lioness attacks the tiger. Look at how the lion saves him (the tiger)"

Yes, other lion clearly distracts or even slap/push the one mauling tail of that tiger.  Lioness wasn´t going to let go otherwise. Horrific situation and luckily that male lion acted as it did. I just hope, that no permanent damage to that tail.

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Spalea - 09-22-2019

(09-22-2019, 07:15 PM)Shadow Wrote:

Yes, other lion clearly distracts or even slap/push the one mauling tail of that tiger.  Lioness wasn´t going to let go otherwise. Horrific situation and luckily that male lion acted as it did. I just hope, that no permanent damage to that tail.

Yes quite horrific accident, quite daft... And painful to watch. And now, so what ? Tail infected or not, he tiger isn't going to forget that. Bad cohabitation involves bad resentment among animals.

(09-22-2019, 08:04 PM)Spalea Wrote:
(09-22-2019, 07:15 PM)Shadow Wrote:

Yes quite horrific accident, quite daft... And painful to watch. And now, so what ? Tail infected or not, he tiger isn't going to forget that. Bad cohabitation involves bad resentment among animals.

Hopefully enclosure is improved at least with better fence. Some net (steel) to prevent possibility to grab part of another animal in next enclosure. It would be cheap and easy to prevent this kind of situations. What happened, happened, but no need to leave risk for another round. Naturally no idea what happened after that.

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Hello - 09-25-2019

Size difference between Aslan (255-260) kg and his step brother Aragon (180 kg) at 17:18

13 year old "Mr Big" at 550 pounds

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Pckts - 09-25-2019

(09-25-2019, 11:52 AM)Hello Wrote: Size difference between Aslan (255-260) kg and his step brother Aragon (180 kg) at 17:18

I dont see anything close to a 70kg difference between the two.

(09-25-2019, 04:18 PM)Pckts Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 11:52 AM)Hello Wrote: Size difference between Aslan (255-260) kg and his step brother Aragon (180 kg) at 17:18

I dont see anything close to a 70kg difference between the two.
I see it in the thickness and They must be of same frame size.
Aslan is much more dense compared to Aragon and may be few inches taller at the shoulder

You can see the thickness and density that separates them at 0:35.