There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara

United States T_Ferguson Online

Losing Lorkulup might break me a bit.  Olobor being taken by humans also looms VERY large here.

3 users Like T_Ferguson's post

LyonLover Offline
( This post was last modified: 05-08-2024, 01:08 AM by LyonLover Edit Reason: spelling correction )

(05-07-2024, 09:23 PM)T_Ferguson Wrote: Losing Lorkulup might break me a bit.  Olobor being taken by humans also looms VERY large here.

Losing Lorkulup would be really devastating indeed. Hopefully they can stay under the radar till these guys go back to their pride. 

It is possible they could have gotten ahold of Olobor but Oloshipa never left his side, and he was spotted with no injuries or even scratches. So I also doubt it from that standpoint. I also don’t know how much these three guys are followed but I would also assume they would show up with injuries or scratches cause no way was a lion like Olobor going down without a fight, even to 3 lions in their prime. Anything is possible though at the same time so i’m not saying it couldn’t have happened.
2 users Like LyonLover's post

I think Oloborani is a different lion.  It's pretty much established now that Olobor was killed by humans.
1 user Likes T_Ferguson's post

Canada Robot00 Offline

(05-08-2024, 01:33 AM)T_Ferguson Wrote: I think Oloborani is a different lion.  It's pretty much established now that Olobor was killed by humans.

Yah, who is oloborani?
1 user Likes Robot00's post

(05-08-2024, 03:45 AM)Robot00 Wrote:
(05-08-2024, 01:33 AM)T_Ferguson Wrote: I think Oloborani is a different lion.  It's pretty much established now that Olobor was killed by humans.

Yah, who is oloborani?

He was a Marsh Boy and partner of Orkirikoi.  They held a pride adjacent to where the Rongai pride is.  Orkirikoi is still with that pride.

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

@T_Ferguson it's not like Olonkera and the other sub can do anything besides running and dying.

Canada Robot00 Offline

(05-08-2024, 04:48 AM)T_Ferguson Wrote:

Yah, who is oloborani?

He was a Marsh Boy and partner of Orkirikoi.  They held a pride adjacent to where the Rongai pride is.  Orkirikoi is still with that pride.
Is he a six pack son also? I thought the only mature son the six pack have is marsh boy orkirikoi?
2 users Like Robot00's post

(05-08-2024, 06:13 AM)Robot00 Wrote:

Yah, who is oloborani?

Is he a six pack son also? I thought the only mature son the six pack have is marsh boy orkirikoi?

I don't think the 2 were related, but I am not positive on that.  I agree with your assessment of it.

Oloimina is back with the Rongai this morning.  That gives Lurkulup some backup.  I'll take these 2 and the pride against any 3 rogue males.  Just stay together boys!!!

3 users Like T_Ferguson's post

United Kingdom KM600 Offline

(05-08-2024, 04:46 PM)T_Ferguson Wrote: Oloimina is back with the Rongai this morning.  That gives Lurkulup some backup.  I'll take these 2 and the pride against any 3 rogue males.  Just stay together boys!!!

Been seen with a few scratches on his face recently, I think he’s been fighting Oloshipa for mating rights with the MFY pride.
1 user Likes KM600's post

(05-08-2024, 04:55 PM)KM600 Wrote:
(05-08-2024, 04:46 PM)T_Ferguson Wrote: Oloimina is back with the Rongai this morning.  That gives Lurkulup some backup.  I'll take these 2 and the pride against any 3 rogue males.  Just stay together boys!!!

Been seen with a few scratches on his face recently, I think he’s been fighting Oloshipa for mating rights with the MFY pride.

Yeah... I wish they'd all come back and deal with these Serengeti intruders.  For the sake of themselves and every lion around them.
2 users Like T_Ferguson's post

Spain Ponce Online

Here you have all the clips in a complete video. Oloimina, subs, Lorkulup and Oolnkera.

4 users Like Ponce's post

Hungary Lipstick2 Offline

(05-08-2024, 06:13 AM)Robot00 Wrote:

Yah, who is oloborani?

No, Olobor and Oloborani were two completely different males...Oloborani was son of the late 2 Kichwa males - either Short-tail or Fang, more likely the latter as i think - he was known as 'Kichwa son' and he teamed up with 'Marsh Boy' Orkirikoi very early in their nomadic period.
4 users Like Lipstick2's post

BigLion39 Offline
( This post was last modified: 05-10-2024, 12:35 PM by BigLion39 )

(05-08-2024, 03:45 AM)Robot00 Wrote: Yah, who is oloborani?

Like Lipstick2 mentioned Olborani is son of the massive, impressive Short Tail Kitchwa male, brother of Blondie, aka Fang. He teamed up with Orkirikoi aka Marah boy, son of Chongo, 1/6 6 Pack males.
1 user Likes BigLion39's post

BigLion39 Offline

(05-08-2024, 06:21 AM)T_Ferguson Wrote: I don't think the 2 were related, but I am not positive on that.  I agree with your assessment of it.

Not related.  6 Pack have a bunbunch of sons in Paradise Pride and im pretty sure they're either dispersed now or close to being so. They also had a son in Topi but he disappeared. River pride also have a bunch of almost dispersed sons and they might have in Muguro before Doa disappeared and Nyati Boys took pride.
2 users Like BigLion39's post