There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-16-2024, 12:51 AM by criollo2mil )

Osindile.   The Birmingham Male and 1/2 Mongawane was seen today about 10KMs from Orpen gate.  

He was seen alone and walking away from the roars of two other lions.  

No sighting of Torchwood.   Darryn will be out tomorrow and see what he can find

6 users Like criollo2mil's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(04-16-2024, 12:50 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: Osindile.   The Birmingham Male and 1/2 Mongawane was seen today about 10KMs from Orpen gate.  

No sighting of Torchwood.   Darryn will be out tomorrow and see what he can find

That is really concerning. I hope he can find TYM.
2 users Like BA0701's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-16-2024, 12:58 AM by Tr1x24 )

(04-16-2024, 12:50 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: He was seen alone and walking away from the roars of two other lions.  

Should be Tintswalos.

Quite possible these 2 parties are in competition as they are seen basically around same area, BYM/Torchwood not that often as they are more north of H7 in Kruger.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 04-16-2024, 01:22 AM by BA0701 )

Not sure how he was injured, but this video shows Shaka Mbiri roaring quite a lot, and Scar Mbiri walking with a really pronounced limp. No other injuries can be seen in the video, but I don't recall seeing him limp like this following the Guernsey Male incident.

5 users Like BA0701's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-16-2024, 12:57 AM)BA0701 Wrote: Not sure how it was injured, but this video shows Shaka Mbiri roaring quite a lot, and Scar Mbiri walking with a really pronounced limp. No other injuries can be seen in the video, but I don't recall seeing him limp like this following the Guernsey Male incident.

Yea thats some fresh injury on front leg.

He occasionaly slightly limps on back leg.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

(04-16-2024, 12:50 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: Osindile.   The Birmingham Male and 1/2 Mongawane was seen today about 10KMs from Orpen gate.  

He is looking in really excellent shape, his mane looks healthy and big, Avoca blood running though this guy
3 users Like T I N O's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Mbiris video above is 2 years old.

Scar was seen a few days ago in Manyeleti not limping, and almost caught a Mbiri subadult male.
3 users Like Mapokser's post

Poland Potato Online
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-16-2024, 04:57 PM by Potato )

(04-15-2024, 11:41 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Cubs already with pride in early April 2022.
So it should be January-February 2022 cubs from older females and July-September cubs from Mbiri males daughters. Some of them died in the meantime so it is hard to tell how much there are older ones and how much younger there are.
2 users Like Potato's post

T I N O Online
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 04-16-2024, 07:12 PM by T I N O )

One of the Birmingham breakaway young males was seen yesterday with three females
Photo credit: Saraze Gutwild
*This image is copyright of its original author

4 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

A recent sighting of the bigger-maned Mbiri male at AndBeyond Ngala Private Game Reserve
Photo credit: Juju Raw

4 users Like T I N O's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-16-2024, 05:46 PM)Timbavati Wrote: One of the Birmingham breakaway young males was seen yesterday with three females

So, how many and which Birmingham Breakaways are territorial in central Timbavati?

I remember someone saying that not all 6 are there, that some are missing.

Later in nomadhood, they where split in 2 groups, 3 younger and 3 older ones.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States GhostCatP-22 Offline

(04-16-2024, 06:12 PM)Timbavati Wrote: A recent sighting of the bigger-maned Mbiri male at AndBeyond Ngala Private Game Reserve

Zigzag and Shaka are such an amazing duo! 
His lip almost looks like the nerve damage could be healing and he’s able to move his lip a bit.
Is he related to Makhulu mapogo? He looks like him especially in the first picture.
Thank you for updates!
2 users Like GhostCatP-22's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

(04-16-2024, 07:29 PM)GhostCatP-22 Wrote:
(04-16-2024, 06:12 PM)Timbavati Wrote: A recent sighting of the bigger-maned Mbiri male at AndBeyond Ngala Private Game Reserve

Zigzag and Shaka are such an amazing duo! 
His lip almost looks like the nerve damage could be healing and he’s able to move his lip a bit.
Is he related to Makhulu mapogo? He looks like him especially in the first picture.
Thank you for updates!

The proper words for such a strong and successful duo. 
No, they aren’t related to Makhulu. Both Mbiri males are sons of the Northern Matimba males
2 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

(04-16-2024, 07:23 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(04-16-2024, 05:46 PM)Timbavati Wrote: One of the Birmingham breakaway young males was seen yesterday with three females

So, how many and which Birmingham Breakaways are territorial in central Timbavati?

I remember someone saying that not all 6 are there, that some are missing.

Later in nomadhood, they where split in 2 groups, 3 younger and 3 older ones.

Three of them were seen by Bateleur a few days ago
1 user Likes T I N O's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-16-2024, 07:33 PM)Timbavati Wrote: Three of them were seen by Bateleur a few days ago

Thats what i taught.

Any info where are group of other 3?
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post