There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polar

United States Polar Offline
Polar Bear Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 12-20-2016, 11:44 PM by Polar )

I.Introduction (Part One) cont.

Shivers were already getting to me, and I needed to find some sort of warmth from the Arctic cold. If there is one thing I learned from my Arctic experiences, it is the drastically-negative effect of the Arctic ocean on a human: frozen water can accomplish quite a bit in terms of lowering one's body temperature. Thus, I felt my body temperature dive down as my eyes dove upwards towards the top of the cliffside. Moving my gaze from the cliffside to the surroundings around it, I noticed that, among the various mountainous ridges around it there laid a ice bed curving upwards at a slight angle. This was a great opportunity to possibly get around the cliffside, and at the end, reach the wider section of the landmass.

The Arctic ice isn't much different from other forms of ice, albeit a slight bit colder in touch. As a result, my ice-scattering experience helped me tremendously in climbing the lowly-sloped ice bed. However, right after the ice bed was an intimidating, vertically-oriented obstacle: a 10-feet ice wall. Two options were clear: one, I could either bash the wall with immense force in order for its destruction, and two, retreat. I had absolutely no weapons or tools on my person, only four thick, sweaty layers and a fur coat. Number one was the only available option if I wanted to continue.

Sharp sounds were made as I bashed the ice wall to no avail. Suddenly, a new tactic had emerged. I needed someway to weaken the ice wall at its weak points, and the only warm part of me was my breath. Instead of wasting valuable muscular stress and precious energy, I sighed hot air onto the weakest, thinnest areas of the walls, waited a few minutes, and then weakened the areas more by re-applying the process. At last, the wall came collapsing down with a mix of glass-breaking and dripping sounds as the rock-wall beneath stood erect. The whole process took circa thirty minutes. 

Rock is much easier to climb than ice, as most should know, especially if the rock in question has large and protruding ledges for grasping, and when I reached the top, and amazing sight robbed my vision.

Directly in front, an ice valley, separated by two, identical rivers, presented itself in pure white snow like that of Neptune's surface. There were even fiercer winds at this elevation, yet the creatures within the valley had grown accustomed to them. A few foxes, a strike of Homotherium, and two beached cetaceans of unknown species littered the landscape. Beyond the landscape, however, nothing else could be seen; the frozen ocean was the only mentionable scenery at that point.

In the midst of my awe, one of the larger Homotherium caught sight of me, and I noticed his intense stare immediately. This particular individual had only one saber-canine on his upper-left, and I had come to name him "One-Tooth" in terms of his dental oddity. The rest of the Homotherium, initially striking their hunger into one of the beached whales, jolted their heads to my position as if they consisted a unison of haunted mannequins. The young, the motherless, the old, and the larger male stared into my soul as my facial expression changed to that of a young, scared deer. The wind brushed the large male's short mane, making it occasionally pulsate to larger sizes. The cat then slowly bent his elbows and lowered himself while openly baring his last canine...
4 users Like Polar's post

Messages In This Thread
Polar - Polar - 12-12-2016, 08:33 AM
RE: Polar - Polar - 12-13-2016, 05:57 AM
RE: Polar - Tshokwane - 12-13-2016, 06:03 AM
RE: Polar - Polar - 12-13-2016, 06:11 AM
RE: Polar - Polar - 12-17-2016, 08:43 AM
RE: Polar - Polar - 12-20-2016, 05:04 AM
RE: Polar - Polar - 12-21-2016, 06:45 AM
RE: Polar - Polar - 12-22-2016, 10:02 AM
RE: Polar - Polar - 12-24-2016, 05:24 AM
RE: Polar - Polar - 12-24-2016, 06:02 AM