There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

Poll: Who is the largest tiger?
Amur tiger
Bengal tiger
They are equal
[Show Results]

• 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Who is the "king" of tigers? - Bengal or Amur

Guatemala GuateGojira Offline
Expert & Researcher
( This post was last modified: 08-10-2023, 01:47 AM by GuateGojira )

Body size of the Amur tiger - update at 2023:

After 8 years I finally manage to make an update to my table about the size of the Amur (Siberian) tiger, but sadly there not too much to add, just one new figure and two that are still under review (250 and 270 kg, not yet included).

So, here are the tables and I also attach the PDF for sharing:

*This image is copyright of its original author

There are update in the tables itselves:

1 - Method of measuring changed based in the evidence available.
2 - Male 12 and 14 removed as they are the same 20 and 22. Why they changed its numbers? I don't know sadly.
3 - Separated the specimens of the Siberian Tiger Project and those of The Amur Tiger Programme.
4 - Colors and design is basically the same, but I remouved the total length and left the tail length, as are presented in scientific papers. You want the total length, you just need to add both with a calculator.
5 - References changed, I found all the original documents and I decided to use the authors, not just "STP Report", when possible.
6 - Added the new male of 250 kg in the historic figures, so the average is new, and is bigger than what I though. In fact, if the figure used is my estimation of 270 kg, the average will be of over 220 kg, like Mazak and Sunquist propused.

So that is all, as always you are free to save it in your database, shared and if you have doubts, you can ask me.

Greetings.

Attached Files
.pdf   Amur Tiger Size_Raúl Valvert (2023).pdf (Size: 579.81 KB / Downloads: 5)
2 users Like GuateGojira's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who is the "king" of tigers? - Bengal or Amur - GuateGojira - 08-10-2023, 01:45 AM