There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(08-30-2016, 01:01 PM)jacksonsmash Wrote: I know there is an outdated map in the lion directory but can someone post an updated map with the territories of the coalitions.nothing has to be exact i know male lions love to wander.but my maps need to be updated in my notebook.just an estimation would be helpful.or somebody could tell me.either way is cool. im trying to map out the various territories from the bottom of sabi sands up to balule or selati game reserve,maybe even beyond that Like

Well, there's always the tempation to edit a map and draw th lines as we think they are, but I'm afraid that can be misleading, as I only know about this through updates, I'm not seeing it myself.

However, I think I can help you a bit and then you can make your own estimations.

*This image is copyright of its original author

Keeping in mind the names of the lodges, here it goes:

Majingilane males: Ulusaba, Leopard Hills, Dulini, Idube, Savanna, Singita, Exeter, Inyati and bits of Simbabili.

Birmingham males: Elephant plains, Arathusa, Buffelshoek, Djuma, Chitwa Chitwa, Nkorho, Cheetah plains and the north of Mala Mala. (include here the couple of small areas with no name next to the ones I mentioned.)

Matimba males: Part of Londolozi, sometimes visiting Mala Mala.

Charleston males: Sabi Sabi, Lions Sands, Nottens, Kirkman's camp, Umkumbe.

Matshapiri males: Center and south of Mala mala, sometimes going into Londolozi, but it's the border of their territory.

It might not be perfect, but it will help you to have an idea of where they are. You will also be able to use this to know where the prides live, using the response I gave on which prides each coalition controls.

I hope it helps.
6 users Like Tshokwane's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 08-30-2016, 06:01 PM
[email protected] - swtlei4u - 11-02-2017, 10:19 AM
[email protected] - swtlei4u - 11-08-2017, 09:59 AM
[email protected] - swtlei4u - 12-24-2017, 08:28 AM
[email protected] - Shaudimela - 04-12-2018, 05:02 AM
RE: The mighty Mapogos - HouseOfLions - 02-17-2017, 01:32 PM
RE: The mighty Mapogos - fursan syed - 02-17-2017, 03:31 PM
RE: The mighty Mapogos - HouseOfLions - 02-17-2017, 03:43 PM
RE: The mighty Mapogos - Tshokwane - 02-17-2017, 05:54 PM
RE: The Mighty Mapogos - lionjaguar - 10-30-2019, 01:05 AM
RE: The Mighty Mapogos - Potato - 10-30-2019, 09:13 PM
RE: The Mighty Mapogos - lionjaguar - 10-31-2019, 12:22 AM
RE: The Mighty Mapogos - Potato - 10-31-2019, 02:50 AM