There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 05-14-2015, 12:11 AM by Pckts )

(05-09-2015, 06:46 AM)'Pantherinae' Wrote: @strana well it's hard to say if lions are the weakest pound for pound, I do not think so, I would actually say the leopard is the weakest, I've seen lionesses kill adult buffalo cow's, and female leopards rarely hunts larger animal's than impala. And struggles with larger prey usually. 
I think all cat's are quite equal in strength, Lions have beaten tigers in fight's, and they are a smaller cat in general, so there can't be huge differences in strength. 

A large make jaguar would definitely be able to defend himself against a lioness, but defeating is another question. But nothing would surprise me about Jaguars.

You may not wan't to start this debate..... We have already seen leopards take down very large prey when compared to their own body weight, same as lions or tigers. Really the one animal you don't see do this is a Jaguar, but that isn't because they cannot its simply because thats not the prey available to them. Lions and tigers being so similarly built,  while I tend to think a tiger is probably the stronger one lb for lb due to the morphological differences you see exhibited in limb girth while being pretty even everywhere else, I also am realistic and have seen enough videos of lions and tigers fighting. Equal sized individuals can go either way and their strength lb for lb is probably pretty close.

3 users Like Pckts's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: History most brutal killer, the Majingilane Male Lions - Pckts - 05-13-2015, 12:32 AM
[email protected] - swtlei4u - 11-02-2017, 10:19 AM
[email protected] - swtlei4u - 11-08-2017, 09:59 AM
[email protected] - swtlei4u - 12-24-2017, 08:28 AM
[email protected] - Shaudimela - 04-12-2018, 05:02 AM
RE: The mighty Mapogos - HouseOfLions - 02-17-2017, 01:32 PM
RE: The mighty Mapogos - fursan syed - 02-17-2017, 03:31 PM
RE: The mighty Mapogos - HouseOfLions - 02-17-2017, 03:43 PM
RE: The mighty Mapogos - Tshokwane - 02-17-2017, 05:54 PM
RE: The Mighty Mapogos - lionjaguar - 10-30-2019, 01:05 AM
RE: The Mighty Mapogos - Potato - 10-30-2019, 09:13 PM
RE: The Mighty Mapogos - lionjaguar - 10-31-2019, 12:22 AM
RE: The Mighty Mapogos - Potato - 10-31-2019, 02:50 AM