There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Thank you @strana 
Growing up, lions were always in the last places of the animals I liked. When I was a kid I always liked tigers, ants and spiders. Then when I was around 11 I read a book called "Gorillas in the mist" by Dian Fossey. I was amazed by the power of the males, the Silverbacks, and how gentle they were with their families.
Then, I don't remember when exactly, but near my twenties I started to read and watch many documentaries about leopards. I confess, I never liked this felines and sometimes I mocked them, thinking that they were cowards and things like that. But slowly, from reading and reading about them I started to like them, to a point where I liked them even more than tigers(even tough I know they are very similar).
Months ago, reading about leopards in a blog they also uploaded a lot of pictures of leopards and also lions.
So I started to save them in my computer, creating a folder for the leopards and the others, the ones with the lions, I just saved them because they were cool pics, but that was all.
Until I found this:

I didn't liked lions and yet, this story, the way it was presented, ths little clip where the two Mapogo males are killing the 5th Majingilane and the roar of the four kings at the end..I can't lie to you, it gave me goosebumps and I felt a chill down my back(I still do whenever I watch it).
That was the first lion fight I saw. Yes, you always hear about lion fights and in the tv they always show that small clip of the two males, but what I didn't know it was like that. The way of the gang, one vs two or three or four. Tv and documentaries try to sell us the nice story of the lone, noble king that doesn't hunt but protects his pride..but this was real. This was the true life out there and it was so interesting that I started to read all I could about male lions, about the coalitions they form and how tough their lives are. And also how lucky we are to still have them in our planet.
Facebook and youtube help, but I think a place like this forum is the best place to learn, at least from a distance, about this magnificent animals and to talk with each other about them.

4 users Like Tshokwane's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: History most brutal killer, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 05-09-2015, 02:20 AM
[email protected] - swtlei4u - 11-02-2017, 10:19 AM
[email protected] - swtlei4u - 11-08-2017, 09:59 AM
[email protected] - swtlei4u - 12-24-2017, 08:28 AM
[email protected] - Shaudimela - 04-12-2018, 05:02 AM
RE: The mighty Mapogos - HouseOfLions - 02-17-2017, 01:32 PM
RE: The mighty Mapogos - fursan syed - 02-17-2017, 03:31 PM
RE: The mighty Mapogos - HouseOfLions - 02-17-2017, 03:43 PM
RE: The mighty Mapogos - Tshokwane - 02-17-2017, 05:54 PM
RE: The Mighty Mapogos - lionjaguar - 10-30-2019, 01:05 AM
RE: The Mighty Mapogos - Potato - 10-30-2019, 09:13 PM
RE: The Mighty Mapogos - lionjaguar - 10-31-2019, 12:22 AM
RE: The Mighty Mapogos - Potato - 10-31-2019, 02:50 AM