There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Notch Coalition Male Lineage

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 04-24-2015, 12:45 AM by Pckts )

(04-24-2015, 12:22 AM)'sanjay' Wrote: I agree on shoulder height. But for the other values, I am not sure. I am still waiting for the response of the Notches page admin.
For now I will go with previous records as you guys suggested because it has certain degree of credibility.
If the admin of Notches page able to provide solid source for his data, I will definitely consider them. For me Notches are little different than others lions, They (specially Ceaser ) are considered a quite big specimen among wildlife photographers and people who have seen them live in recent years.
Just like some particular tigers can weigh more than 250KG (while others 200-220KG from same area), I think these notches boys would surprise us with their weight measurements.
Note that, I am not discussing about an area (serengetti, etc) but of some particular lions.

The notch boys are infamous though, they are probably the most popular and viewed lions today but like Anjan said, Lions in africa are all the same size to him.
That includes what many of us consider to be the largest, Ngorongo Crater lions.
Take individual estimates for what they are worth, out of all the lions measured throughout time, these includes lions from all over Africa. You have one or two specimens reaching the 250+kg plus mark, verified. But you have literally 100s that are between the 180kg-220kg mark. If going off of odds, I would venture to guess that of the number of Lions weighed and verified, lions weighing over 225kg would be in the 2-4% mark. I would be curious to see how close that estimate is to fact, but I would guarantee its extremely rare. There are large lions all over, I highly doubt these Notch boys are any bigger than Kruger lions, Crater Lions, Tsavo lions, etc. Maybe one individual is larger or smaller but average out, I would guess them to be in the averages of most african lions. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be, it just doesn't make sense to me.

Messages In This Thread
Notch Coalition Male Lineage - sanjay - 12-02-2014, 08:57 PM
RE: Notch Coalition Male Lineage - Hello - 12-24-2023, 11:36 AM
RE: Lion king Notch and his famous 5 sons - Pckts - 04-24-2015, 12:44 AM
RE: Notch Coalition Male Lineage - Tr1x24 - 02-01-2023, 12:32 AM
RE: Notch Coalition Male Lineage - BA0701 - 04-01-2023, 02:31 AM
RE: Notch Coalition Male Lineage - Tr1x24 - 08-26-2023, 01:25 PM
RE: Notch Coalition Male Lineage - Mabande - 12-13-2023, 04:09 PM
RE: The mighty Mapogos - Pckts - 10-25-2016, 02:39 AM
RE: Lions of sabi sands - vinodkumarn - 02-07-2017, 09:21 PM