There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predation of Adult Rhino By Kaziranga Tigers: WII Expert Rabin Sharma’s Documentation

Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 11-15-2019, 08:35 AM by Rishi )

(11-15-2019, 01:20 AM)Shadow Wrote: Ok, sub adult for you and calf for me. Or maybe juvenile is right word then. I mean when adult female would be about 2,5-3 times heavier and adult male about 4 times heavier, sub adult sounds stretch too far for me. Or would you consider 50-60 kg male tiger as subadult maybe? When talking about greater one-horned rhino, 600 kg means a little child, no matter what word is used.

And what comes to that other case, I said already what I had in my mind :)
(11-15-2019, 01:03 AM)Pckts Wrote: Calves are considered very young- newborns, considering a rhino calf weighs around 80-140lbs when born, 600kg would surely be a sub adult. 
Also, I'm sure the 600kg was an estimate since I doubt they weighed it, but you can clearly see the Rhino is large compared to the people and since he specifically calls it an Adult, I doubt Calf is the correct term.

In regards to a heart attack you're speaking of, that would still occur during the attack it self, but since that wasn't mentioned infighting was, again that seems like a stretch. 
If you look on the hind leg portion you can also see what looks to possibly be blood dripping as well as dark blotches towards the hamstring section as well.

What's there so debatable on this?... 600kg calf means about 1-year-old, ie definitely not a baby but cannot be considered as juvenile either. Human equivalent for it would be a child of 12-13 years. Its mother would be atleast twice its weight, closer to thrice.

This is a 3-months-old calf, weighing near 230kg.
*This image is copyright of its original author

Another calf's 1st birthday, 635 kg

Size comparison: This rescue was one year & few months old, 600kg will be a about this size. 
*This image is copyright of its original author
1 user Likes Rishi's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 11-12-2019, 05:07 PM
RE: Tiger Predation - Roflcopters - 11-13-2019, 01:32 AM
RE: Tiger Predation - Dennis - 11-13-2019, 11:17 AM
RE: Tiger Predation - Roflcopters - 11-13-2019, 11:37 AM
RE: Tiger Predation - Ashutosh - 11-13-2019, 12:21 PM
RE: Predation of Adult Rhino By Kaziranga Tigers: WII Expert Rabin Sharma’s Documentation - Rishi - 11-15-2019, 08:18 AM