There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Thread Closed 
Overrated size of Munna aka Langda of Kanha National Park

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert
( This post was last modified: 10-07-2014, 10:24 AM by Roflcopters )

(10-04-2014, 10:35 AM)'Vijay Rajan' Wrote: While I agree with Pckts on most of his views, I condemn the distorted views expressed by the supposedly resident expert here, Roflcopters. 

Sorry Sanjay, I'm leaving this forum for good. All the best on your wildphoto venture where I'll continue to contribute as long as you keep that forum inviolate from such troubled souls.
*This image is copyright of its original author

Secondly, I've never ever claimed to be an "expert".  

Pckts: This topic was entirely to show that Minh ha aka Asianbuffalo aka Tigers of Kanha is a fraud and out of touch with reality with his absurd claims of Tigers being some super natural force weighing up to 400kg, pretty sure I presented all the proof with screen shots of him from youtube and facebook.[img]images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Pckts, why don't you try and convince Minh Ha to make his way over here and debate with the likes of Guate and Peter. maybe both of them can knock some sense into his fanatical self. LOL Tigers of 300kg are extreme cases and extremely rare, I don't care if a Tiger from Kaziranga is exceptionally large. I know better to stop with the silly estimates, I've been there. done that and moved on from the childish and foolish act. even experts have hard time guessing Tiger weights and we have facebook experts here judging the pad width, shoulder height, forequarter length and throwing silly weight estimates around. LOL

Im gonna copy paste a reply from Guate from page 2, this is as real as it gets.

Quote:Mmmmm, from what I have saw here, all the famous large tigers in India probably weight between 240 - 260 kg empty, at this time. Maybe Wadogh could weight a little more, up to 270 -280 kg and the Kaziranga giants up to 300 kg in the BEST case only. But normally, a dominant male tiger of 260 kg is already a very large specimen by any standard.

About the body size, I think is very hard to say, as a heavy male could be of just 190 cm in head-body! Sauraha, for example, was only 197 cm but weighed 260 kg, while Dasa from Nagarahole, was of 204 cm but only 227 kg. Taking in count that all these large Indian males seems comparable to the large Amur tigers captured in the field, in body length, I could estimate a body-length of 190 - 205 cm for them, taken in straight line.

This is the problem with the estimations and like Peter said, even experts can't guess correctly the size of these cats, in some occasions.

P.S if someone's offended because i disagree with Munna being all that huge then I suggest you stay mad because Munna is not a 300kg specimen, never was and never would have been. He does not stand 120cm tall or comes off as some strikingly big specimen. Sure, a resident male with a lot of wins to his name. I'll accept that but no way, he was as big as the fanatics like Minh Ha made him out to be.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Overrated size of Munna aka Langda of Kanha National Park - Roflcopters - 10-07-2014, 08:18 AM