There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Thread Closed 
Overrated size of Munna aka Langda of Kanha National Park

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

(07-19-2014, 03:40 AM)'Roflcopters' Wrote:
Quote:No picture you posted does anything to discredit Munna. He looks far more massive than saturn or katezari, that picture also shows katezari as being more massive but shorter than saturn.

Katezari was quiet a bit taller than Saturn at the shoulders and heavier so i don't know what set of pictures you've been looking at..

Quote:To try and say Munna is "overrated" is splitting hairs. His size is confirmed with females, jeeps and eye witness accounts

Munna and Bamera came to prominence around the same time frame and no even spit on Munna's size, Infact before Wagdoh appeared. everyone was singing the Bamera tune.. I wonder why  Everybody here is saying saturn looked taller, they can't tell them apart, etc...

My response and then his...
[list=none]
[*]
[list=none]
[*]Not sure how I would feel about Machli being larger than the backwater male. The smallest male weighed at ranthambhore was 170kg which is still a good sized female. I believe the male was T12 (not positive) and the backwater male certainly looks larger than that. In regards to Raja, check out the image of him walking in front of the jeep, his shoulder height is very tall and he is obviously a bulky cat from the Gaur and domestic buffalo predation videos. Large heads don't always equal large tigers and vice versa. Usually more along the lines of body length to determine mass.Like · 55 mins · Edited
[*][img]https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-xap1/t1.0-1/p24x24/1888750_810731222276646_873200415_n.jpg" class="lozad max-img-size" alt="" title="">
*This image is copyright of its original author
Tigers of Kanha Machi being larger is in dimension, i.e. length and height. Being a male, small as he is frame-wise, he should be a thick guy and weighs somewhat heavy.Weights depend more on body girth than just pure height/length. I don't remember hearing about any male ranth tiger weighing 170 kg, except for a translocated 3 yr old tigress weighing 170 kg, she was the sister of T-17, T-18, and she's nowhere near the biggest tigress in Ranthambore. And I just include the info for your reference, since you seem to have some interest in tiger, not with the purpose of going into a great length discussion. I myself don't have much interest in tiger's weights posted on the internet or even on paper, unless all body measurements are included, which in most cases, are not.
[/list]
[/list]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Overrated size of Munna aka Langda of Kanha National Park - Pckts - 07-19-2014, 04:19 AM