There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions

Argentina Tshokwane Away
Big Cats Enthusiast

Quote:You also try selective quoting, you don't quote in you r posts the sentence in red fonts below
Take a look at the posts and it is quoted. Even in the bits when I didn't quote it, it is still taken into consideration, something that you fail to do in your posts. 
Quote:Why the 2 Majins were resting 300 meters away and didn't attack him, they only started again when the other two were about to join them
That is wrong. You keep saying they were waiting for the other two, yet the article says otherwise.

Then almost by the book, the Majingilane started to get moving last night once the cover of darkness descended, and they began heading straight in the direction of the unsuspecting dark-maned Matimba male. As the distance between the coalitions lessened, the vehicles switched their lights off, thereby allowing the Matimba male to see the threat coming and so as to not give his position away. The Matimba male saw the two Majingilane brothers first and he leapt up and silently slunk away into the darkness (he was moving easily by this point and it seemed that if there were any injuries, they weren’t severe at all). What happened from here can really only be described as pandemonium. As soon as the two Majingilane smelt him they took off in his direction, the dark-maned Majingilane seeing him first and the male with the scar nose following just behind. The Matimba male disappeared at full speed and from here the Majingilane ran in circles trying to establish where he had gone. The roaring was continuous.

Notice that especifically names the two that were doing the search.
Only after all the roaring when Hairy Belly took off, it says

The noise must have attracted the attention of the other two Majingilane brothers and they came from the west to join the fray.

So, don't change the actual report of it with how you personally want it to be, please.
Quote:since they didn't manage to kill any of them not even trace HB even in a 4 vs 1 formation, it still is a bitter victory, in Lion war fare you win only when you kill your adversary
A bitter victory?
So, you're just going to ignore the whole things just because the two Matimbas weren't killed?.
Quote:but what ever it was it was never a 1 vs 1 confrontation and this is the massive difference with MrT who intentionally fought a honorable fight 1 vs 4 (selatis)
Completely different scenario and irrelevant to the conversation.
Quote:I understand that you "Majingilane" would like the idea of the 2 Majins chasing away 2 Matimbas since there's a lot of people bashing the Majingilanes around for their lack of courage and confidence. And you would love that your favorites do something to prove them wrong.
This isn't about liking, about favoritism or anything like that. If the outcome of it were to be the other way around, I would still post it and use it, just like this one.
Quote:But if you use a little bit of common sense and read the article with a neutral opinion
I always do that. With everything.
Quote:it make more sense that HB was on his own. I could be wrong, but from what i'm reading, that's the most logic outcome of what happened.
Could be, yes. 

It isn't "the most logic outcome" because the article says clearly they were together, were charged by the two males and then were found separated by a great margin. Like I said, maybe Ginger ran away when he saw the Majingilane coming and that's why he was far away.

The facts still are the interaction was a 2 vs 2. I don't get why, having read the article, you believe otherwise.
Quote:And please, take the Londolozi articles with a step back, they love to accentuate stories since years. They see the bush as a telenovela and love the clicks it brings to their blog. Don't forget that HB who was "was struggling to stand"  outrun the 4 Majingilanes just moments later...
Now, hold on a second here. I learned most things I know about lions and leopards thank to their blog. So I do not share some people's opinion on Londolozi.

As for the description of Hairy Belly, remember that years ago Kinky tail had been bitten and was injured badly, he could barely walk, yet "just moments later" he was charging the Majingilane and that wasn't reported by Londolozi, Nkorho said that...
Quote:There is the impression that Londolozi rangers would like to have the Majigilane in their territory exclusevely and not in Sangita where they spend most of their time, it is a tourist attraction which means immen$e intere$t. So they have a good reason to exaggerate things
As I said, don't insult the people working there or the blog. I learned most of what I know thanks to their blog and not once did it cross my mind they exaggerated things.
4 users Like Tshokwane's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: History most brutal killer, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 02-26-2016, 02:10 AM
[email protected] - swtlei4u - 11-02-2017, 10:19 AM
[email protected] - swtlei4u - 11-08-2017, 09:59 AM
[email protected] - swtlei4u - 12-24-2017, 08:28 AM
[email protected] - Shaudimela - 04-12-2018, 05:02 AM
RE: The mighty Mapogos - HouseOfLions - 02-17-2017, 01:32 PM
RE: The mighty Mapogos - fursan syed - 02-17-2017, 03:31 PM
RE: The mighty Mapogos - HouseOfLions - 02-17-2017, 03:43 PM
RE: The mighty Mapogos - Tshokwane - 02-17-2017, 05:54 PM
RE: The Mighty Mapogos - lionjaguar - 10-30-2019, 01:05 AM
RE: The Mighty Mapogos - Potato - 10-30-2019, 09:13 PM
RE: The Mighty Mapogos - lionjaguar - 10-31-2019, 12:22 AM
RE: The Mighty Mapogos - Potato - 10-31-2019, 02:50 AM