There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Lions in South-Africa, Zimbabwe and Namibia

BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

I am posting this video here due to our having several discussions on this very matter in the past, that were specifically regarding lions, so I hope that we can have a good discussion on this important subject. A lot of you know where I personally stand on this subject, but I need to say that I completely respect everyone else's feelings on the matter, regardless of if they feel the same way as I do or entirely opposite from me. I am also posting this, as quite awhile back, I saw a WildEarth Live video, in which one of the more well known guides had somehow intervened by luring a lion cub back to it's mother, after it had been separated from her, and had ended up in the company of two grown males. The males did not harm the cub, but the cub in question was way too young to care for itself, it may have even been to young to eat meat at all, I don't recall all of the specifics, and so the guides had waited until the males left, and then somehow got the cub and it's mother back in the same general vicinity as one another, thus reintroducing them with one another. 

This video I am posting is similar, only involving a cheetah cub that had been separated from it's family. The guides at Phinda drug a carcass nearby, in order to attract the family to the cub's location, and while doing so also treated the cub for mange. Personally I enjoy seeing this level of care for these creatures, and wish we saw more of it. I know there are those who do not feel the same way I do, and perhaps you might share your opinions as they pertain to the subject. What are your thoughts, are you okay with the Phinda guides doing this, and treating this cub for what could possibly be a life threatening illness, do you disagree with these actions, or are you simply indifferent either way? Would you consider this ethical or unethical behavior by the Phinda team?

I can attempt to locate the video of them getting the lion cub returned to it's mother, if you would prefer, just not sure I can locate that video again, as it was some time ago. This newly posted video reminded me of that situation.

3 users Like BA0701's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lions in South-Africa, Zimbabwe and Namibia - BA0701 - 05-20-2021, 08:28 AM
RE: Lion pictures and videos - Gamiz - 11-12-2016, 09:56 AM