There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

Some pictures from my trip's
Posted by: Pantherinae - 09-05-2014, 02:11 AM - Forum: Miscellaneous - Replies (14)

Here are some pictures I'll post more could not find them all, The pictures are very bad! 
Print this item
  Felids Interactions - Interspecific Conflicts
Posted by: Pantherinae - 09-02-2014, 04:43 AM - Forum: Wild Cats - Replies (1364)
Felines all over The world has competition with other carnivores. All from The famous battles between Lions and Hyenas to The scottish wildcat's competition with The red fox. 
Aswell as their own kind, some leopards and Lions may eat a rival from their own spicies.

Post images, and videos only.
Print this item
  Wildlife Photographer Talk
Posted by: sanjay - 09-02-2014, 12:23 AM - Forum: Forum Rules & Announcement - Replies (16)
We are very pleased to announce that we have launched the wildlife photography section for wildlife photographers. http://photos.wildfact.com.

Now any professional wildlife photographer can share his/her photographs of wild animals to world through this.

If you are professional wildlife photographer, please share your images on http://photos.wildfact.com. If not then please tell about it to all wildlife photographers whom you know on real life or on social networks.

Before sharing your photos please read http://photos.wildfact.com/guidelines for posting your images on http://photos.wildfact.com.

Any further suggestion for improvements are most welcome here and this thread is dedicated to http://photos.wildfact.com for any issues.

Please help us to grow.
Print this item
  Need help in categorization of wild animals
Posted by: sanjay - 08-30-2014, 01:17 AM - Forum: Forum Rules & Announcement - Replies (6)
I need help from other sincere members for adding category on the website about wildlife photography. This website will be created for wildlife photographers to post their picture of wild animals. Website is under construction and I need help in adding categories. You can take example from http://indianaturewatch.net (INW) . I need something similar but better categorization for wild animals.

Our website will be more modern and good viewable on mobile and computer. Also unlike INW we are allowing whole world's photographer to upload their pictures.

So please help me in categorization of current living wild animals which are photographed by wildlife photographers.

@peter , @GuateGojira , @Apollo , @Roflcopters , @Pckts , @tigerluver , @Richardrli , @Kingtheropod , @Amnon242 , @" TheLioness" , @Vijay Rajan , @vizions , @Pantherinae and others
Print this item
  Need Editor for facebook official page to promote wildfact
Posted by: sanjay - 08-30-2014, 01:00 AM - Forum: Forum Rules & Announcement - No Replies
We are planning to spread about wildfact.com to more users, so that we can bring more good and quality members to share and discuss with them. Therefore we are going to target facebook for now later we can add other social media platform.
For this we need your help. If Any of you are interested to be Editor of official page of wildfact.com on facebook, then you are most welcome.

As an editor your job will be posting few of good content (sometime with picture and sometime without picture) 3-4 times a week. You can also use same content which you use to post on wildfact forum. You need to follow and comments on other related pages on wildlife with a link of either our fb page or wildfact.com site. In short you need to promote wildfact on facebook by doing some common activity there.

For this, first you need to like our facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/wildfactcommunity) and then either confirm here or PM me , I will add you as Editor of our FB page.

Due to my involvement in creating other part of website i am not getting much time to do so, but FB is important platform, therefore I need your help. specially with those who are very active on facebook.

Print this item
  Need article or blog written by members for upcoming section of wildfact
Posted by: sanjay - 08-27-2014, 10:05 PM - Forum: Forum Rules & Announcement - Replies (40)
Dear Member,
It's my pleasure to announce that with in couple of week we are launching Blog and Article section on main domain of wildfact.com . It will have new and modern look (Our forum will remain intact)

Now all of you who want to publish their article and write something about any kind of animal, can write on wildfact blog. It will give you a platform to get recognize as an animal expert. Your Article, research or blog on animal can be read and followed by wildfact site visitor. So any of you who want to publish your thoughts on animal can write and article of minimum 200 words.

Requirement-

1. You will need to register again on new section.

2. You should use your original name and photo to be an blog author. (Not necessary, but having this, add value to the article and in your blog).

3. Totally Unique and Hand written article with minimum grammatical error. And in a manner. (just like your read article on other sites).

4. A colored picture related to the subject you are writing on. It will be used as featured image to show at home page and link to your article. should be big in size.

5. Your social link will be needed to make link on the author page (facebook, twitter, etc. Again it is not necessary but it add a value to the article of the author).

6. No prints of book etc. Write all yourself uniquely.

Gear yourself to be animals experts with your blog and article writing on wildfact and get recognize to world.

You can write on any subject that is related to wild animals, Like Mammals, Reptiles, Amphibian, Birds, aquatic animals, Insects, vertebrates, wildlife tour and travel, conservation, wildlife sanctuary, Experience, research, Extinct Animals, Organization and NGOs, Poaching, Wildlife Photography, film-making, career etc.

So start preparing your article and blog from now.

I am waiting for your response in below posts.

Regards
Sanjay

Print this item
  Lion and Crocodile fight
Posted by: Pckts - 08-21-2014, 09:30 PM - Forum: Lion - Replies (19)
A good sized male and two females square off with a crocodile over a elephant carcass, caught in video at Samburu National Reserve, Kenya (August 6, 2014)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/20...d=webmail2
Print this item
  Largest Living wild lions ?
Posted by: sanjay - 08-18-2014, 12:42 AM - Forum: Lion - Replies (181)
This thread is created to discuss on largest living wild lions. I am looking other members if they can put some more information on it, because there is no proper data or information on this topic on internet (at least according to my search).

Just Like Kaziranga Tigers are considered to be largest Tiger among all Tiger, I think According to my knowledge Botswana’s Duba lions from Africa are the largest living lion species. They have become strictly Cape Buffalo eaters according to this link

Picture of botswana lion

*This image is copyright of its original author

Print this item
  Wild animals information on public places also have bad consequences ?
Posted by: sanjay - 08-14-2014, 01:44 AM - Forum: Debate and Discussion about Wild Animals - Replies (10)
This topic has been created to discuss and debate on How the information put on public places like website, facebook, twitter and other famous places are misused by poachers and animal criminals to poach and kills these animals.

I have read some report the information like places, date, increasing number, Latest information in certain places, forest ranger details etc are well followed by Poachers and Animal mafia to know and plan their next victim (tigers, rhinos, lions etc).

So we need to discuss on these issue.

1. How the poachers are one step ahead then the animal conservation programs?

2. How poachers exactly use these animals information on internet and utilize it to kill the wild animals?

3. What should be caution taken while posting information about your photos, videos, research and other details of wild animals ?

4. Did Poachers also concern when the number of animals decrease, because it will effect their business ?

5. What could be solution for this problem and what step should be taken by wildlife photographer, experts, animal sanctuaries, animal conservation programs and wildlife organization ?

Your thoughts and suggestion ?
Print this item
  Birds of Prey
Posted by: Pckts - 08-14-2014, 12:05 AM - Forum: Reptiles and Birds - Replies (208)
Any info or images on Birds of Prey...

I'll go first with my National Bird,
Bald Eagle

• Size & ShapeThe Bald Eagle dwarfs most other raptors, including the Turkey Vulture and Red-tailed Hawk. It has a heavy body, large head, and long, hooked bill. In flight, a Bald Eagle holds its broad wings flat like a board.
  • Color PatternAdult Bald Eagles have white heads and tails with dark brown bodies and wings. Their legs and bills are bright yellow. Immature birds have mostly dark heads and tails; their brown wings and bodies are mottled with white in varying amounts. Young birds attain adult plumage in about five years.
  • BehaviorYou'll find Bald Eagles soaring high in the sky, flapping low over treetops with slow wingbeats, or perched in trees or on the ground. Bald Eagles scavenge many meals by harassing other birds or by eating carrion or garbage. They eat mainly fish, but also hunt mammals, gulls, and waterfowl.
  • HabitatLook for Bald Eagles near lakes, reservoirs, rivers, marshes, and coasts. For a chance to see large Bald Eagle congregations, check out wildlife refuges or large bodies of water in winter over much of the continent, or fish processing plants and dumpsters year-round in coastal Alaska and the Pacific Northwest.

The bald eagle is an opportunistic feeder which subsists mainly on fish, which it swoops down and snatches from the water with its talons. It builds the largest nest of any North American bird and the largest tree nests ever recorded for any animal species, up to 4 m (13 ft) deep, 2.5 m (8.2 ft) wide, and 1 metric ton (1.1 short tons) in weight.[sup][2][/sup] Sexual maturity is attained at the age of four to five years.

The bald eagle has sometimes been considered the largest true raptor (accipitrid) in North America. The only larger species of raptor-like bird is the California condor (Gymnogyps californianus), a New World vulture which today is not generally considered a taxonomic ally of true accipitrids.[sup][7][/sup] However, the golden eagle, averaging 4.18 kg (9.2 lb) and 63 cm (25 in) in wing chord length in its American race (A. c. canadensis), is merely 455 g (1.003 lb) lighter in mean body mass and exceeds the bald eagle in mean wing chord length by around 3 cm (1.2 in).[sup][5][/sup][sup][8][/sup] Additionally, the bald eagle's close cousins, the relatively longer-winged but shorter-tailed white-tailed eagle and the overall larger Steller's sea eagle (H. pelagicus), may, rarely, wander to coastal Alaska from Asia.[sup][5][/sup]The bald eagle has a body length of 70–102 cm (28–40 in). Typical wingspan is between 1.8 and 2.3 m (5.9 and 7.5 ft) and mass is normally between 3 and 6.3 kg (6.6 and 13.9 lb).[sup][5][/sup] Females are about 25% larger than males, averaging 5.6 kg (12 lb), and against the males' average weight of 4.1 kg (9.0 lb).[sup][2][/sup][sup][9][/sup][sup][10][/sup][sup][11][/sup] The size of the bird varies by location and generally corresponds with Bergmann's rule, since the species increases in size further away from the Equator and the tropics. The smallest specimens are those from Florida, where mature males may weigh as little as 2.3 kg (5.1 lb) and have a wingspan of 1.68 m (5.5 ft)[sup][citation needed][/sup]. Similarly small, eagles from South Carolina average 3.27 kg (7.2 lb) in mass and 1.88 m (6.2 ft) in wingspan.[sup][12][/sup] The largest eagles are from Alaska, where large females may weigh up to 7.5 kg (17 lb) and span 2.44 m (8.0 ft) across the wings.[sup][4][/sup][sup][13][/sup] A survey of adult weights in Alaska showed that females weighed on average 6.3 kg (14 lb) and males weighed 4.3 kg (9.5 lb).[sup][14][/sup] Among standard linear measurements, the wing chord is 51.5–69 cm (20.3–27.2 in), the tail is 23–37 cm (9.1–14.6 in) long, and the tarsus is 8 to 11 cm (3.1 to 4.3 in).[sup][5][/sup][sup][15][/sup] The culmen reportedly ranges from 3 to 7.5 cm (1.2 to 3.0 in), while the measurement from the gape to the tip of the bill is 7–9 cm (2.8–3.5 in).[sup][15][/sup][sup][16][/sup]The call consists of weak staccato, chirping whistles, kleek kik ik ik ik, somewhat similar in cadence to a gull's call. The calls of young birds tend to be more harsh and shrill than those of adults.[sup][5][/sup][sup][6][/sup]

Bald Eagle vs Golden Eagle

Print this item
Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)
Forum Statistics
» Members: 2,639
» Latest member: XNJ0Y3R
» Forum threads: 1,219
» Forum posts: 168,761

Full Statistics
Online Users
There are currently 682 online users.
» 7 Member(s) | 675 Guest(s)
BA0701, Jayrotrench, kobe8jf1234, Mapokser, T_Ferguson
Latest Threads
Kambula/Ntsevu males
Last Post: Mapokser | Less than 1 minute ago
Lions of Sabi Sands
Last Post: T_Ferguson | Less than 1 minute ago
Nkuhuma Pride
Last Post: T_Ferguson | 17 minutes ago
Coalitions of Kruger Nati...
Last Post: Brahim | 21 minutes ago
Lions in South-Africa, Zi...
Last Post: BA0701 | 49 minutes ago
Kambula/Ntsevu Pride
Last Post: BA0701 | 1 hour ago
Gijima coalition
Last Post: T_Ferguson | 2 hours ago
Talamati/Msutlu Pride
Last Post: Maghreb | 2 hours ago
The Caspian Tiger (Panthe...
Last Post: lfelipe86 | 5 hours ago
Rhinos (Rhinocerotidae) -...
Last Post: TheHyenid76 | 5 hours ago
Birmingham Coalition Male...
Last Post: Duco Ndona | 6 hours ago
Lions of Manyeleti
Last Post: criollo2mil | Today, 01:47 AM
Bears as Predators ~
Last Post: TheHyenid76 | Yesterday, 11:56 PM
The Tumbela Coalition
Last Post: Cath2020 | Yesterday, 11:17 PM
Other male lion coalition...
Last Post: T_Ferguson | Yesterday, 11:08 PM
About Us
Go Social     Subscribe  

Welcome to WILDFACT forum, a website that focuses on sharing the joy that wildlife has on offer. We welcome all wildlife lovers to join us in sharing that joy. As a member you can share your research, knowledge and experience on animals with the community.
wildfact.com is intended to serve as an online resource for wildlife lovers of all skill levels from beginners to professionals and from all fields that belong to wildlife anyhow. Our focus area is wild animals from all over world. Content generated here will help showcase the work of wildlife experts and lovers to the world. We believe by the help of your informative article and content we will succeed to educate the world, how these beautiful animals are important to survival of all man kind.
Many thanks for visiting wildfact.com. We hope you will keep visiting wildfact regularly and will refer other members who have passion for wildlife.

Forum software by © MyBB