There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity

United States stoja9 Offline
Banned

How many of these idiots are now dead?
2 users Like stoja9's post

United States Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

About #314:

@Amnon: super black cat ! To kill a wild mustelid in a fight, already a great warrior.

@Pckts: "She looks like a much smaller version of my cat." Much smaller, is it always a domestic cat ? Lol 

I love the black cats, the grey cats too. They have something in them we will never access, a total mystery. We can never submit them, to force them to do something, they are completely insensitive to the balance of power. Already the perfect felines, quite the reverse of dogs.
2 users Like Spalea's post

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

Pckts: this is cat of average size...you have a black jaguar or what? :-)
2 users Like Amnon242's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 07-19-2016, 09:57 PM by Pckts )

lol
He's a big boy, I like to imagine him being a Minnie jag though.
He's around 15lbs and all steel... maybe not quite "all" 

*This image is copyright of its original author

he was 6 months old there haha
7 users Like Pckts's post

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

There are 2 malayan males in Zoo Prague. One is lean, the other is robust.

Attached Files Image(s)

6 users Like Amnon242's post

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

Pckts: Ok, your jaguar is probably somewhat heavier than Satanella... :-)
3 users Like Amnon242's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Looks like this cougar accidentally found himself in the wrong place...

The comments said the cougar survived, hopefully it's true.
4 users Like Pckts's post

United States Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

This couguar has been frigthened to death... Happy that ended well for him.
3 users Like Spalea's post

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

sumatran male

Attached Files Image(s)

7 users Like Amnon242's post

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 07-25-2016, 01:22 AM by Amnon242 )

African (dont know exact subspecie). This one was quite big...180 -190 kg? He and his lioness killed a 17yo white tigerss Isabella. It happened in 2009, Isabella weighted 100 kg then, she had ill back legs and still managed to injure both lions, who had to be treated by vet. The zoo is located in a town called Liberec. In the times of tiger vs lion flame wars, some poor child suffering from mental problems posted this information "2006 lions mate kills huge white tigress in Leberic a Czech zoo. There was only one bite mark on Isabellas throat and no other wounds concluding even though 2 lions occupied the same enclosure with Isabella the tiger, only one lion attacked isabella." You can still find this text on various forums about that tiger vs lion stuff. We can see that some people lost any contact with reality to such an extent that they are able to spread deliberate lies (but they are only lying to themselves). Ok, I can understand that somebody is interested in those fights, he has a preference, according to his opinion his favourit animal is stronger and he tries to confirm his opinion in debate with fans of the other felid (by disproving their argumentation). But when somebody uses false evidence, he may persuade other people but he can never persuade himself...so I dont see any logic in such a behaviour (perhaps I dont fully understand the principles of self-deceit). In fact, the lier proved that in fact he (deep inside) knows that his favourite cat is not the stronger one...and therefore he needs to use lies in order to somehow persuade himself via self-deceit, that "his" animal would be the winner. Childish...pathetic...

Attached Files Image(s)

7 users Like Amnon242's post

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

malayan. This one is lean and elegant

Attached Files Image(s)

6 users Like Amnon242's post

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

Malayan again. Zoo Prague

Attached Files Image(s)

4 users Like Amnon242's post

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

Amur. Same cubs in 1 year. I donkt know how big they are but as far as I know, males of amur or bengal tigers are usually around 100 kg at the age of 1.

Attached Files Image(s)

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

Sri Lanka leopard is probably the most beautifull animal I have ever seen. On the other hand Im not fascinated by leopards that much...I dont know why

Attached Files Image(s)

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

Not exactly big cat, but still very nice animal from zoo Prague. 158 cm, 26 kg

Attached Files Image(s)

2 users Like Amnon242's post