There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yellowstone Wolf Directory

Canada TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast

According To New Informations I red on from Wolf Tracker Guide Taylor Bland,

Mollie's Wolf 1090F is The New Alpha Female !
"The Science of Life is a superb and dazzlingly lighted hall which may be reached only by passing through a long and ghastly kitchen". - Claude Bernard
1 user Likes TheNormalGuy's post

Switzerland Spalea Online
Wildanimal Lover

Savannah Burgess: " I missed world wolf day but it reminded me to revisit this awesome encounter from the spring. Eye contact with a Yellowstone gray wolf feeding on an elk. "

2 users Like Spalea's post

Wolf Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 08-25-2020, 04:01 AM by TheNormalGuy )

On the wolf 16F summary, her death is listed as capture/handling operation.

She more precisely died from a renal failure due to heat stress when captured to be fitted with electronic training collars.

She was 5 year old.
"The Science of Life is a superb and dazzlingly lighted hall which may be reached only by passing through a long and ghastly kitchen". - Claude Bernard

Wolf Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 08-27-2020, 10:36 PM by TheNormalGuy )

This is the unforgettable, legendary Lamar Canyon Alpha Female Story, Wolf 832F aka "The 06 Female" aka O-Six. 43 m 24s.

In this extraordinary documentary, highly popular and iconic wolves will be seen including : 
  • 113M [Her father is mentionned indirectly, is visible in this documentary but i can't tell which wolf it is. It was a large gray wolf.)
  • 472F (Mother of 832F, Longtime Alpha Female of The Agate Creek Pack, Black Wolf all graying. See Frame 4:56 [She is on the left])
  • 754M (Beta Male of Lamar Canyon and Brother of 755M) [Arrives at 17:30] [Large Black]
  • 755M (Alpha Male of Lamar Canyon, mate of 832F) [Arrives at 17:30] [Grey muzzle] 
  • 926F aka "Spitfire" (Daughter of 832F, Alpha Female after her mother death) [First seen as a black pup at 21:26]

Wolf Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 09-07-2020, 12:55 PM by TheNormalGuy )

This thread is coming out in the search results for many wolves when you typed : Wolf # Number Sex (EX : Wolf 2M Yellowstone)

I just want to aware people that this thread is a personnal and non-official and/or 100 % credible. 

All I did was to read : 

- The Yellowstone Wolf Project Annual Reports from 1995 to 2019
- "Charting Yellowstone Wolves (25th Anniversary)" by James Halfpenny, Leo Leckie & Shauna Baron
-  Yellowstone Wolf Tracker on Facebook
- Yellowstone Wolves : Tracking The Packs [An organization controlled by Yellowstone Wolf Tracker]
- Yellowstone Reports
- Northern Rockies Mountain Wolf Recovery Team Annual Reports [Which i am in the process of reading]
- Ralph Maughan Blog
- International Wolf Center
- USWF Page on Western Grey Wolves
- Wolfwatcher Coalition
- Living With Wolves/Legend of Lamar Valley
- Tales/Descriptions/Updates/Photos [When granted permissions] of Photographers
- Taylor Bland 
- National Geographic Documentaries on 832F aka "The 06 Female"
- "The Rise of The Black Wolf" on the life of "302M" aka "The Casanova"
- Two Druid Packs documentaries 
- Published Videos on Youtube of Deby Dixon, Leo Leckie, Carolyn Golba and others.

I copy/paste "my work" [this thread] to my forum on wolves [which i created] : Domain of the Wolf. And enhance/paufined the job i had to do, completing the genetics of some wolves i hadn't completed from the sources I red, due to lack of time and other things I needed to do. I felt people needed to be rightly informed [Although their is for sure some mistakes/missing information], so i pretty much compiled those wolves summaries entirely and always posted where i took my informations.

Quote:

^If you see a mistake or want to contribute, feel free to register in the Domain of The Wolf

What was my goal of doing this thread ? Informs about wolves, about their lifes, how they behave, how they live, how they die, how humans are both helpful or mean to those animals. I also wanted people to know that by only reading, you can inform yourself a lot more than you think. And at last, i did this to protect those wolves by sharing their summaries with everyone, helping them to get in touch and understanding wolves a little more.

Wolf Enthusiast

I did all i do [Update from the quiet peace of my forum to get bothered]

Unseen and untold, yet this directory keeps getting updated.

If you thought you read it. 

Read it again.

Thank You !

Don't forget that there might some mistakes. Everyone is human

Wolf Enthusiast

Yellowstone Wolf Packs [2020]

Duration : 1 min 13 s

This video showcase the 9 Wolf Packs roaming Yellowstone National Park as of October 2020. It is a very light video in terms of informations, but the goal of this video is it simplicity !

----------------------------------------------------------------

Ce vidéo donne la liste des meutes de loups présent dans le Parc National de Yellowstone en date d'octobre 2020. Cet vidéo est très légèrement chargée car son but est de présenter de les meutes de façon très simple et attrayante.

----------------------

Enjoy ! Bon visionnement !

-----------------------

References/Sources :

Yellowstone Wolf Project Annual Reports : 

For all the packs informations except Carnelian Creek

Yellowstone Wolf Tracker :

Informations on the newly formed pack of 2020
2 users Like TheNormalGuy's post

Wolf Enthusiast

The Druid Peak Pack Dominant Breeding Wolves ["Alphas"] History [1996-2010]

Duration : 5 min 36 s

The video of 5 minutes 36 seconds showcase all the dominant breeding pairs ["Alphas"] in The Druid Peak History 

Yellowstone Wolf Project Annual Reports : 

Story of 253M : 

Picture of 480M : 

Pictures of 755M : 

Other sources consulted :

"Charting Yellowstone Wolves (25th Anniversary)" by James Halfpenny, Leo Leckie & Shauna Baron.