There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yellowstone Wolf Directory

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 10-02-2021, 09:08 PM by TheNormalGuy )

Wolf #661M (Beta Male of Yellowstone Delta)

a.    Brother of 760M
b.    Originally collared as a yearling in 2008 in Wyoming’s South Fork Pack
c.     Then joined with brother 760M the Yellowstone Delta pack who included 633F and likely 575F
d.    Beta Male

Recap

ID : #661M
Sex : Male
Color : Black
Lifespan : April 2006 ?- 2013 (Last seen at 7 years old]
Birth Pack : Probably South Fork (Outside YNP)
Packs : South Fork, Yellowstone Delta
Ancestry : Brother of 760M

*This image is copyright of its original author

Doug Smith, Wolf Project Leader, with wolf 661M of the Yellowstone Delta pack in 2012.

Source of these informations : Yellowstone Wolf Projects Annual Reports

(2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)

(The link to the Wolf Annual Reports is in the first post of the thread)

*Edit of this post will come in shorter or later moments  !*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Note* : I transferred this thread to my forum : The Domain of the Wolf and updated and added many informations from the multiples sources I red. Hope it is understandable.  Also, there is a problem with the spacing between texts sometimes which i can't fix. Sorry for the inconvenience it might cause.

Although all the informations are based from my review, searches and documentation of my searches on the Internet, some informations can be, and are, inaccurate due to new papers coming out, new genetics analyses, etc etc.

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 10-02-2021, 09:08 PM by TheNormalGuy Edit Reason: Update ! )

Wolf #685M [Founding Alpha Male of The Mount Everts Pack]

a.    Gray Alpha Male of Mount Everts in 2009
b.    Join alongside 684M the 642F Group also comprising 752F

Recap

ID : #685M
Color : Gray
Lifespan : April 2003 - Mid-September 2011 [8 years old]
Packs : 
  • Mount Everts
  • 642F Group
Status in Mount Everts : Alpha Male
Ancestry : 
  • Son of 48F & 72M
  • Grandson of 27F/28M & ?/?
Mate : 642F ?

Descendance : 
  • 684M

Source of these informations : 
Yellowstone Wolf Projects Annual Reports and "Charting Yellowstone Wolves (25th Anniversary)"

(2009)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Note* : I transferred this thread to my forum : The Domain of the Wolf and updated and added many informations from the multiples sources I red. Hope it is understandable.  Also, there is a problem with the spacing between texts sometimes which i can't fix. Sorry for the inconvenience it might cause.

Although all the informations are based from my review, searches and documentation of my searches on the Internet, some informations can be, and are, inaccurate due to new papers coming out, new genetics analyses, etc etc.

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 10-02-2021, 09:08 PM by TheNormalGuy )

Wolf #686F [Fourth Alpha Female of Mollie's]

a.    Yearling Gray Wolf of Mollie’s in 2009
b.    One of the only 2 remaining collared wolf of Mollie’s in 2011.
c.     Became the new alpha female after 486F disappearance.
d.    Loner in 2013
e.    Killed in September 2013 by other wolves
f.      She was at the beginning of 2013 one of the 3 wolves of Mollie’s with 779F and a gray alpha male.

Recap

ID : #686F
Sex : Female
Lifespan : April 2008- September 15th 2013 (5 years old)
Birth Pack : Mollie’s
Packs : Mollie’s
Ancestry : 
  • Daughter of 486F & 193M
  • Grand-Daughter of 48F/72M & 18F/8M
  • Great Grand-Daughter of 27F/28M & ?/? & 9F/10M & 5F/4M

Yellowstone Wolf Projects Annual Reports
"Charting Yellowstone Wolves (25th Anniversary)"
(2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 10-02-2021, 09:09 PM by TheNormalGuy Edit Reason: Update ! )

Wolf #689M [Longtime Cougar Creek Alpha Male]

a.    Member of Gibbon Meadows in 2009
b.    Dispersed to Cougar Creek in February 2009 with 647M and 687M
c.     New Alpha Male of Cougar Creek in 2009
d.    Bred with 478F in 2009
e.    Fathered 3 pups in 2009 ?
f.      Black wolf
g.    5 year old in 2011
h.    Fathered 3 pups in 2011
i.      Still Alpha with longtime alpha female 478F in 2012
j.      Fifth year has the alpha male alongside 478F of Cougar Creek as of 2013.
k.     Harvested in November 2014, the same day as 889F of unknown pack (889F was in a small group known as 755M/889F in 2013)
l.      He died at 8 year of age.

Recap

ID : #689M
Lifespan : April 2006 - November 5th 2014 (8 years old)
Birth Pack : Gibbon Meadows ?
Packs : Gibbon Meadows, Cougar Creek
Status in Cougar Creek : Alpha Male from 2009 to 2014
Ancestry : Son of 537F
Mate : 478F
Descendance : 
  • 757F
  • 825F
  • 953F/1204F [Current Alpha Female of Cougar Creek]*
  • 962M
  • Black Alpha Male of 8-Mile (*)
  • Cougar Alpha Female (2015-2017) (Whereabouts unknown) (uncollared)

Living Legacy [Descendance Pups that have yet to produce pups or known pups (# or nicknamed) :

1198F & 1199F [Grand-Daughters] [Daughters of 953F/1204F]

Yellowstone Wolf Projects Annual Reports and "Charting Yellowstone Wolves (25th Anniversary)"

(2006, 2007, 2008, 2009,2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 10-02-2021, 09:09 PM by TheNormalGuy )

Wolf #690F [The Last Member of The Druid Peak Pack]

a.    Black Pup of Druid in 2009
b.    Dispersed to Butte, Montana as the last Druid Member in 2010
c.     Legally shot and killed near livestock in 2010
d.    Her death marked the end of the Druid Pack history.

Recap

ID : #690F
Lifespan : April 2008-2009 (Last seen as a yearling)
Birth Pack : Druid Peak
Ancestry :
  • Daughter of 569F & 480M
  • Grand-Daughter of 286F/21M & 7F/2M
  • Great Grand-Daughter of "Half-Black" (?) /215M & 9F/10M & 9F/? & 5F/4M
  • Great Great Grand-Daughter of 42F/21M [Parents of "Half-Black"] & 48F/72M [Parents of 215M]
  • Great Great Great Grand-Daughter of 9F/10M [Parents of 21M], 27F/28M [Parents of 48F] &39F [Mother of 42F]

(2009, 2010)

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 10-02-2021, 09:09 PM by TheNormalGuy Edit Reason: Update ! )

Famous Wolf #692F 
[Founding Alpha Female of The Blacktail Deer Plateau Pack]

a.    Former member of Agate Creek and Blacktail Plateau (2009)
b.    Brief Member of Lava Creek in 2009
c.     Black Wolf
d.    Lone wolf at the end of 2010
e.    Illegally killed in November 2011 as a loner.

Recap

ID : #692F
Nickname : 

Quote:"The Old Lady" [Not because she was old, but because shed a silvery-black fur ; a typical pelt coloration of old, once black wolves]"

Lifespan : April 2006 - November 5th 2011 [5 1/2 years old]
Packs : 
  • Agate Creek
  • Blacktail Deer
  • Lava Creek
Ancestry :
  • Daughter of 472F & 113M
  • Grand-Daughter of 40F/21M & 17F/34M
  • Great Grand-Daughter of 39F/? & 9F/10M [Parents of 17F & 21M]
Mates : 
  • 302M aka "The Casanova" ?
  • 778M aka "Big Brown"

Descendance :
  • 777M 

Former Blacktail Deer Plateau wolf #692F traveled long distances as a lone wolf in 2011.

(2009, 2010, 2011)

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast

Wolf #693F 
[Founding Member and Second & Longtime Alpha Female of The Blacktail Deer Plateau Pack]

a.    Alpha Female of Blacktail Plateau Pack in 2009, 2010, 2011,2012
b.    Mate of 302M
c.     Daughter of 472F
d.    Found dead in October 2013
e.   Great Grand Daughter of 9F

Recap

ID : #693F
Lifespan : April 2006 - October 31 2013 [7 1/2 years old]
Packs : Agate Creek ?, Blacktail Deer Plateau
Status in Blacktail : Alpha Female
Ancestry :
Mates :
  • 302M aka "The Casanova"
  • 778M aka "Big Brown"
  • "Medium Gray"

Descendance : 
  • 752F
  • 777M
  • 830F
  • Famous Wolf 890M aka "Patch" [Current Alpha Male of Mollie's]*
  • Famous Wolf 911M aka "Puff" [Founder of The Junction Butte Pack]*

Decendance Legacy [Descendance pups that produced known pups] in blue if alive :

907F [Grand-Daughter] [Daughter of "Puff"] [Former Longtime Alpha Female of Junction Butte] [One of 4 breeding females of the pack]

969F [Grand-Daughter] [Daughter of "Puff"]

1109F [Grand-Daughter & Great Grand-Daughter] [Daughter of 890M & 907F or 969F] [One of the Breeding Females of Junction Butte]

"UBF"  [Grand-Daughter & Great Grand-Daughter] [Daughter of 890M & 907F or 969F] [Current Alpha Female of Junction Butte]

Living Legacy [Descendance Pups that have yet to produce pups or known pups (# or nicknamed)] :

1238M [Grandson] [Son of 890M] [Member of Mollie's]

Credits : National Park Service (NPS)

(2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast

Wolf #695M 
[Founding Alpha Male of The Quadrant Mountain Pack]

a.    Black Male of Unknown Origin who is the First Alpha Male of the Quadrant Mountain Pack in 2008
b.    Mate of 469F
c.  Fathered 3 pups in 2009

Recap

ID : #695M
Lifespan : 2006 or earlier to November 27th 2011 [at least 5 1/2 years old]
Packs : Quadrant Mountain, 682M Group
Status in Quadrant Mountain : Alpha Male
Mate : 469F

Descendance : 
  • Famous Wolf 821F*
  • Famous Wolf 909F*
  • Third Sister

Descendance Legacy [Descendance Pups that produced known pups] in blue if alive :

[i]1005F [Grand-Daughter] [Daughter of 909F] [Founding Alpha Female of The Phantom Lake Pack] [Current Alpha Female of The 1005F/1200M Group]

1047M [Grandson] [Son of 909F] [Current Alpha Male of Junction Butte]

1048M [Grandson] [Son of 821F] [Current Beta Male of Junction Butte] 

"Brindle" [Grand-Daughter] [Daughter of 909F] [Current Alpha Female of 8-Mile]

Living Legacy [Descendance Pups that have yet to produce pups or known pups (# or nicknamed) :

996M [Grandson] [Son of 821F] [Subordinate Member of Junction Butte]

1230M, 1231M, 1232M, 1233M [Great Grandsons] [Sons of "Brindle"] [Members of 8-Mile]

(2008, 2009)

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast

Iconic Wolf #712M 
[Founding & Longtime Alpha Male of The Canyon Pack alongside his mate "The White Lady"]

a.    Black Alpha Wolf of the Canyon Pack in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
b.    Original (?) Alpha Male of Canyon Pack
c.     Probably the father of 3 pups in 2011, of which 2 survived to year end to Mate White Lady
d.    Bred with White Lady in 2013 and fathered 3 pups
e.    Bred with White Lady and gathered 2 pups in 2015
f.      Bred and fathered one gray pup to mate White Lady in 2016
g.    10 year old in 2016

Recap

ID : #712M
Color : Black [Turned gray with age]
Birth Pack : Mollie's
Packs : Mollie's, Canyon
Lifespan : April 2006 - January 2017 (Nearly 11 years old)
Ancestry : 
  • Son of 486F & 193M
  • Grandson of 48F/72M & 18F/8M
  • Great Grandson of 27F/28M & ?/? & 9F/10M & 5F/4M
Mate : The Iconic “White Lady” [From 2007 to 2017]

Descendance : 

638M

831F aka "Daddy's Girl"

"The Wapiti Lake White Female"* [Founding and Current Longtime Alpha Female of Wapiti Lake]

Descendance Legacy [Descendance pups that produced known pups] in blue if alive :

1091F [Grand-Daughter] [Daughter of "The Wapiti White Alpha Female"]
1106M [Grandson] [Son of "The Wapiti White Alpha Female"] [Current Alpha Male of Phantom Lake]

1104F [Great Grand-Daughter] [Daughter of 1091F] [Localized in Grand Teton NP]

1156M [Grandson] [Son of "The Wapiti White Alpha Female"] [Member of 8-Mile]

1201F & 1203F [Grand-Daughters] [Daughters of "The Wapiti White Alpha Female"] [Members of Wapiti Lake] 

1234M, 1235F, 1236M [Grandsons/Grand-Daughters] [Sons and daughters of 'The Wapiti White Alpha Female"] [Members of Wapiti Lake]

"712M with two others packmates"

Credits : Doug Steakley

(2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 10-02-2021, 09:09 PM by TheNormalGuy )

Wolf #715F 
[Third Alpha Female of The Agate Creek Pack]

a.    Subordinate wolf in 2009 of Agate Creek
b.    Only agate creek member left with 472F (her mother) and a black alpha male.
c.     Killed in November 2011 by other wolves.
d.    Alpha Female of Agate Creek after her mom left the pack in 2009.
e.    Gray
f.      Great Grand Daughter of 9F

Recap

ID : #715F
Lifespan : ?- 2009-2011
Packs : Agate Creek
Status : Alpha Female beginning when 472F [her mother] left the pack in 2009.
Ancestry :
Mates : 
  • 641M
  • 838M aka "Big Blaze" ?
  • "High Sides" ?
  • "Medium Gray" ?

Source : Yellowstone Wolf Project Annual Reports 2011

Wolf 586M (Mollie's) + Wolf 715F (Alpha), 641M (Alpha) and 775M (Agate Creek)

"As 2011 progressed, mortality resulting from intraspecific conflicts had a marked impact on Agate Creek pack structure. Regular trespasses by the Blacktail, Lamar Canyon, and Mollie’s packs during fall and early winter resulted in the death of four collared wolves (alpha female #715, alpha male #641, #586M, and #775M) and the possible death of three others"

"In early winter, the pack [Lamar Canyon] likely interacted with the neighboring Blacktail Deer Plateau and Agate Creek packs; one encounter ended with a fatal attack on the Agate Alpha Female."

(2009, 2010, 2011)

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 10-02-2021, 09:10 PM by TheNormalGuy )

Famous Wolf #754M (755M's Brother) 

[Founding & Longtime Beta Male of The Lamar Canyon Pack]

a.    Brother of 755M
b.    Founder with the “06 Female” (832F) and 755M of the Lamar Canyon Pack in February 2010
c.    Harvested in November 2012.
d.    Beta Male

Recap

ID : #754M
Nickname : “755M’s Brother”
Sex  : Male
Birth Pack : Unknown (Buffalo Fork ?)
Lifespan : April 2008- November 11th 2012 [4 1/2 years old]
Ancestry : 
  • Son of 485F & an uncollared black alpha male
  • Grandson of 48F/72M
  • Great Grandson of 27F/28M 
Mate :
  • 832F aka "The 06 Female" [She bred with both 754M & 755M in 2010]
Packs : Lamar Canyon

Credits to Russ Kehler - Old Wolf Photography.

"I'm always intrigued by the human like relationships I see when watching wolves. I realize there are issues with anthropomorphizing yet it is difficult to ignore sometimes. 754M is long gone but he was known for being the kind Uncle who took his nephews and nieces under his wing, to teach them how to survive in the wild. He is seen here crossing the stream leading one of them to an elk kill."

"754M is the black wolf"

Members of Lamar Canyon pack including three collared wolves [From left to right] : 754M, 755M [Alpha Male] , 832F [The 06 Female and Alpha Female], March 2012.

He is the brother of 755M (Middle black wolf].

Picture Credits : Yellowstone Wolf  Project

Yellowstone Wolf : Project Citizen Science

(2010, 2011, 2012)

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 10-02-2021, 09:10 PM by TheNormalGuy Edit Reason: Update ! )

Iconic wolf #755M

[Founding Alpha Male of The Lamar Canyon Pack] 

[Alpha Male of The 755M/889F Group] 

[Founding Alpha Male of The Wapiti Lake Pack]

a.    Founder with brother 754M and then uncollared gray female known as “06 Female” (collared as 832F later) of the Lamar canyon Pack in February 2010.
b.    He is the first alpha male of the pack
c.     Lifelong mate of 832F
d.    Black Wolf who turned grayish with age
e.    Fathered 4 pups in 2010, 5 in 2011, 4 pups in 2012
f.      Left in 2013 because he was related to the remaining females of the pack and formed his own group.
g.    889F joined him in Spring 2013.
h.    Still wandering as 755M Group in early January 2014.
i.      Join and become the alpha male of Wapiti Lake
j.      Fathered 4 pups in 2016 to the Wapiti White Female.
k.     Dispersed to avoid the 3 males of Mollie’s who began to interact with  the females and pups near July 2016.

Recap

ID : #755M

Color : Black [Turned gray-blue-ish with age]

Birth Pack : Unknown (Buffalo Fork ?)

Lifespan : April 2008 - April 2017 and even perhaps to this day 

[Last seen at 9 years old. Could Still be a 12 year old uncollared black wolf that became blue-gray nearly white]

Packs : 
  • Lamar Canyon
  • 755M Group
  • 755M/759F Group
  • 755M/889F Group
  • Wapiti Lake
  • Beartooth
Status in Lamar Canyon : Alpha Male

Status in Wapiti Lake  : Alpha Male

Ancestry : 
  • Son of 485F & an uncollared black alpha male
  • Grandson of 48F/72M
  • Great-Grandson of 27F/28M
Mates : 
  • 759F [Bred, but she was killed before birthing by 755M's daughters]
  • The Iconic 832F aka The “06 Female” aka "O-Six"
  • 889F [She was injured, they mated, but no pups were observed in the denning season]
  • 970F [Paired, Breeding not apparent] 
  • "The Wapiti White Alpha Female" (“White Lady” Daughter)

Descendance : 
  • 776F
  • 820F
  • Famous Wolf 926F aka "Spitfire" [Longtime Alpha Female of Lamar Canyon]*
  • 1091F*
  • "Middle Gray" [Female]
Descendance Legacy [Descendance pups that produce known pups] Blue if alive :

1104F [Grand-Daughter] [Daughter of 1091F] [Localized in Grand Teton NP]

"Little-T" [Grand-Daughter] [Daughter of 926F] [Current Alpha Female of Lamar Canyon]

Living Legacy [Descendance pups that have yet to produce pups or known pups (# or nicknamed) :

1197F [Grand-Daughter or Great Grand-Daughter] [Daughter of either 926F or Little-T*] [Member of Lamar Canyon]

"Two-Dot" [Grand-Pup or Great Grand-Pup] [Pup of either 926F or "Little-T"*] [Member of Lamar Canyon]

Note : Little-T is the presumed mother of 1197F & Two-Dot because she was alpha female at that time.

57 Pictures of 755M from the website "Yellowstone Wolves : Tracking The Packs" 

"755M is the middle black wolf" [His mate 832F is the Gray Wolf ahead of him]

Yellowstone Wolf : Project Citizen Science

(2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 10-02-2021, 09:10 PM by TheNormalGuy )

Wolf #758M
 [Second Alpha Male of The Mary Mountain Pack]

a.    Black Pup of Mollie’s in 2010
b.    Dispersed to Mary Mountain Pack after the Mollie’s pack killed the alpha male 636M in 2011.
c.     Breeding male of Mary Mountain in 2011
d.    Killed by others wolves in March 2013.

Recap

ID : #758M

Lifespan : April 2009-March 21th 2013 (Nearly 4 years old)

Birth Pack : Mollie’s

Packs : 
  • Mollie’s
  • Mary Mountain
Status in Mary Mountain : Alpha male following 636M killing (he decided to join Mollie’s to become the breeding male)

Ancestry : 
  • Son of 486F & 495M
  • Grandson of 48F/72M & 174F/193M
  • Great Grandson of 27F/28M & ?/? & 5F/6M & 18F/8M
  • Great Great Grandson of 4M [Father of 6M & 8M], 5F [Mother of 8M], 9F/10M [Parents of 18F]
Mate : 794F

(2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 10-05-2022, 07:10 PM by TheNormalGuy )

Wolf #759F
[Founding member of the Junction Butte Pack]

a.    Gray pup of Mollie's.
d.    Part of the 755M/759F group. 

c.     Killed in March 2013 by other wolves (Lamar Canyon).
Recap :

ID : #759F
Lifespan : April 2009 - March 14th 2013
Birth Pack : Mollie's
Packs : Mollie's, Junction Butte, 755M/759F Pair
Ancestry : Daughter of 870F & 495M
Grand-Daughter of 486F/587M and 174F/193M
Great Grand-Daughter of 48F/72M & 174F/193M & 5F/6M & 18F/8M
Great Great Grand-Daughter of 27F/28M & 5F/6M & 18F/8M & Canadian Wolf/4M & 9F/10M & 5F/4M
Great Great Great Grand-Daughter of Canadian Wolf/4M & 9F/10M & 5F/4M

Mate : 755M 

Source of these informations : Yellowstone Wolf Projects Annual Reports

(2013)

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 10-02-2021, 09:10 PM by TheNormalGuy Edit Reason: Update ! )

Wolf #760M 

[Longtime Alpha Male of The Yellowstone Delta Pack]

(Alpha Male of Yellowstone and biggest wolf ever recorded in YNP history)

a.    Brother of 661M
b.    Joined the Yellowstone Delta Pack alongside brother 661M in 2010
c.     Bred 575F in 2010 and fathered 5 gray pups.
d.    He weighed 147-148 lbs in 2011.
e.    He was the largest wolf of the 433 wolves recorded in the park since 1995.
f.      Alpha Male of Yellowstone Delta in 2011 with mate 575F
g.    Father of 827M and 828M, both yearling in 2012.

Recap

ID : #760M

Known for : 
  • Being alpha male
  • Being the biggest wolf recorded in YNP history at 148 lbs (empty stomach)

Weight : 66.7 kg [147-148 lbs]

Lifespan : ? - 2010 - 2015 [Last seen at least 7 years]

Birth Pack : ?

Packs : Yellowstone Delta

Mate : 575F [Gray], 633F [Black]

Ancestry : Brother of 661M

Descendance : 
  • 827M
  • 828M
  • 872F

Credits : Yellowstone Wolf Project 

661M (Black), 760M (which is one of the three grays in the picture, would be the wolf in front I believe)

(2011, 2012)