There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wilful destruction - a gallery of shame

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rossalynwarren/p...rom-a?bffb
After his mate died, this polar bear has just given up on life. And his enclosure looks disgusting.
Sad to see

United States tigerluver Offline
Prehistoric Feline Expert
Moderators

I'm sure the loss of his mate is not the only cause of his state. Those living conditions are atrocious.

Bigcat Enthusiast

Indeed, nice to see people stepping up and trying to get him better conditions though.

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast

The living conditions for that polar bear is not at all good.

India Vinod Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

why don't they find him a mate? that should cheer him up, even dogs would do, he just needs someone to keep him company

*This image is copyright of its original author

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...eally.html

Bigcat Enthusiast

I think he is to heartbroken.
But it might be worth a shot.

peter Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 12-28-2016, 09:14 PM by peter )

This forum is about the natural world, which is quickly disappearing nearly everywhere. Our aim is to provide those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea a voice, so that they can be heard. 

The destruction of the natural world is a result of different factors. Most unfortunately, all are strongly related to humans. The most important of these is the growth of the population. The 7 billion plus need room to live, leaving less and less for others. Another factor is the system we use to survive. It produces what is needed, but it also produces a lot of waste. All of those in the know agree human activity is the reason for climate change. The planet is warming up real fast.

Although there is growing awareness about the consequences of human activity, the commitment to implement a number of fundamental changes isn't there yet. In countries where there is some kind of commitment, the follow-up often is lacking. I'm not saying poachers can do what they want, but it's quite close in many countries. One reason is politicians often are involved. 

Poaching is related to money, but some types of destruction are not. 

In Russia in particular, there is growing concern about the attitude of some young people. A man living in southeastern Russia recently said he was able to cope with bears and tigers to a degree. He was, however, concerned about some people he had never seen before. Many of them have expensive cars and rifles. The best of the best. At night, they drive in wild country and shoot at everything that moves. The victims are put in a van, whereas the killer car continues it deadly work. When it's stopped by police or by patrolling rangers, it's difficult to charge them. The reason is there are no dead animals in the killer car. When the van with dead animals is stopped, they say they found the animals on the road. It's not easy to prove there was planning and cooperation.

It was seen before in India after Independence (same in many other former colonies), but in those days civilians didn't have the destructive rifles seen today.

The brutal violence used against wild animals is getting worse. I read reports about bears willfully shot or blasted to bits and I also remember a report about a bear willfully mauled by young people with a large car. Yesterday, I found this report about a large brown bear hit by a car. Those present encouraged each other. The bear was killed:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/animalia/wp/2016/12/28/squash-him-video-of-gruesome-bear-killing-in-russia-goes-viral-and-could-be-a-crime/?utm_term=.546988ef1487

It's difficult to understand why people do this.

This thread is about willfull destruction of wild country and wild animals. I thought about it for some time. At first, I decided against it. After reading ever more reports, I concluded we have no option but to report on it. 

Anyone with reliable information about (seemingly) pointless destruction is invited to post it here. I hope the thread will be limited in size, but I could be very wrong.
7 users Like peter's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

Very good topic peter, I was thinking of starting one. Seeing these incident my heart feel why I am human? An act of shameful cruelty. Recently, I am seeing lot of horrific videos these days.
I recently seen a video posted by PETA, in which they show how much cruelty is done by people on Alligator, crocodile and caiman to skin them Alive for Leather industries. After seeing this video, I have decided I will not buy any leather product in my life.

This is barbaric. Absolutely heart-wrenching. No wonder the world we live in, is F---ed up.
For god's sake stop using products made of animal skins
Graphic footage, not for the faint-hearted.

This is facebook video, please click on it to play

6 users Like sanjay's post

United States Polar Offline
Polar Bear Enthusiast

I remember myself posting a video about a group of Russian men putting a firecracker in a piece of meat, in which a female polar bear ate. I posted it when I first joined a year ago. Guess one can easily predict what happened next.

I almost put a fist into my monitor watching that happen to my favorite animal, the animal that I valued and favorited. That put a serious dent into my mental state.
2 users Like Polar's post

Italy Ngala Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast

Personally, for me that i love animals, are very hard to see, and i avoid them. These videos are horrible, totally out of any logic; is barbaric.

I warn you that it's very hard to see.

4 users Like Ngala's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators

@peter @stoja9 @Betty On second thought... poaching, farms, canned hunts & other forms of animal cruelty could be posted here, instead of gallery of captivity.

This thread has potential. & it's a topic that should draw more attention.
2 users Like Rishi's post

peter Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact
Moderators

Good idea.

You can post copies of videos that resulted in commotion in the thread 'A Gallery of Captivity'.

Maybe you shouldn't post copies but the originals, as they had a devastating effect on the thread 'A Gallery Of Captivity'. Talk to Sanjay about moving these videos and the responses to this thread. Tell him I agree.
2 users Like peter's post

United States stoja9 Offline
Banned

Jesus. Fucking. Christ.

This thread actually exists here? Wow. I might have to seriously re-think participating or visiting WildFact anymore.  Confused
2 users Like stoja9's post

Taiwan Betty Offline

(01-19-2018, 02:27 PM)Rishi Wrote: @peter @stoja9 @Betty On second thought... poaching, farms, canned hunts & other forms of animal cruelty could be posted here, instead of gallery of captivity.

This thread has potential. & it's a topic that should draw more attention.

Good idea, I'll post an image of the circus on this thread in the future.

Taiwan Betty Offline

circus

Siberian tiger and African lion, followed by fighting.