There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Wild carnivores and humans compared

Brazil Dark Jaguar Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

92 kg Nusa female

( sister of Pitágoras male and daughter of Teorema female, the beast )

Nusa definitely took after her mother Teorema's great genes.

photo: Hugo Fernandes

*This image is copyright of its original author
2 users Like Dark Jaguar's post

Brazil Dark Jaguar Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

Anaconda

Credits to Paul Rosolie:

The Guy who when he started to feel the true Power of the World's Heaviest Snake quickly decided not to be eaten alive anymore.

Clever Decision.

1 user Likes Dark Jaguar's post

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast

3 users Like Rage2277's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 08-10-2021, 08:53 PM by Rishi )

(08-03-2021, 01:34 PM)Rage2277 Wrote:

That's... the size of Matka. Not even maybe. *facepalm*

This is why you can rely on diehard fans' words about size or stature.

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 08-11-2021, 02:39 AM by Rage2277 )

(08-10-2021, 08:50 PM)Rishi Wrote:

from the looks he seems to have more length than height over matka..to me..i can't see matka outsizing even him matka is for sure bigger than the balaghat male who is the same breed as him and is by far the smallest male outside the sunderbans i've seen.

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 08-11-2021, 06:28 AM by Pckts )

(08-10-2021, 08:50 PM)Rishi Wrote:

Matka isn’t close to CM. In fact, my friend who was my guide when I went to Kanha/Pench/Tadoba saw Matka, then Mr. X then CM one after the other on the same trip. He said Matka was the smallest, then Mr. X was a bit bigger than him with CM being larger than both.

And I promise you that Gaurav is the furthest thing from a fanatic as well as having immense experience with big cats.
2 users Like Pckts's post

Czech Republic Charger01 Offline
Animal admirer & Vegan

CM seems slightly larger in frame but Matka is bulkier.

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 08-11-2021, 05:45 PM by Pckts )

(08-11-2021, 12:31 PM)Khan85 Wrote:

CM seems slightly larger in frame but Matka is bulkier.
He’s quite a bit larger in frame and bulkier. Matka may seem bulky because of his small frame but when both are compared together, CM was much larger in frame and bulk. He’s probably a good 50kg heavier at their primes.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z05v6dCHg-Y

Ask anyone who’s seen them both, Matka wasn’t a large Tiger while CM was a very large one.
4 users Like Pckts's post

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor

Chota Munna was just like his father. Munna himself was a very average sized male. That is what made his territorial reign even more impressive. Matka though is one of the shortest males I have seen. Chota Munna was definitely bigger, but nothing out there. Was not surprised when he went missing (if it wasn’t poaching related) because Kanha probably has 20 males who are bigger than him.

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 08-11-2021, 09:07 PM by Pckts )

(08-11-2021, 08:17 PM)Ashutosh Wrote: Chota Munna was just like his father. Munna himself was a very average sized male. That is what made his territorial reign even more impressive. Matka though is one of the shortest males I have seen. Chota Munna was definitely bigger, but nothing out there. Was not surprised when he went missing (if it wasn’t poaching related) because Kanha probably has 20 males who are bigger than him.

Munna definitely wasn’t a small cat, he had a decent frame size and a very dense muscle composition. The guides who’d seen him said he was a big boy and had a similar frame to Bheema but more robust, so take it for what it is. CM is was also said to be a big boy, certainly not outmatched by 20 other Tigers in Kanha. Just look at the videos and images of him in his prime, he was huge.

I wish people didn’t have a grudge against certain Kanha “fanatics” because it causes some to downgrade these cats. There is a reason so many people say Kanha Tigers are larger than other Tigers. An “average” Kanha male is going to be as large as an exceptional Tiger from other reserves.
1 user Likes Pckts's post

United States Styx38 Offline
Banned

Here is an Alaskan Brown Bear roaming by tourists.

You can see the humans close to the Bear at 0:39 and 1:04 of this video.

4 users Like Styx38's post

Luipaard Offline
Leopard enthusiast

Up close with a Ugandan leopard

Victor Barber
6 users Like Luipaard's post

United Kingdom Scar Mbiri Offline
Banned

3 users Like Scar Mbiri's post

Banned

not a comparison next to a human but this picture deserves to be seen by people. This is the Black dam male lion the lion in my previous post just 2 feet from a safari jeep. With the recent lion census,by multiple sources he is said to have the 3rd largest skull in ALL OF AFRICA. Pretty much ever. Just wanted to share this absolute behemoth
4 users Like Scar Mbiri's post

Banned

a clear picture
3 users Like Scar Mbiri's post