There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Who are they?

Greece LionKiss Offline
( This post was last modified: 12-22-2015, 03:21 PM by LionKiss )

I start a new thread where we can possibly identify the names, coalition, pride of the Lions shown in the photos/videos.

what coalition is the Lions in the video below? can anyone tell?

2 users Like LionKiss's post

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

I saw a video once discussed about this. There was some especulation that these could be young Mapogos. But I'm not sure. 

One thing @LionKiss . You have to keep in mind that identifying lions is possible in places where record is kept about them. And in some cases even then it is difficult. So it won't be possible to identify each lion that appears in each video.
5 users Like Tshokwane's post

Greece LionKiss Offline

who could they be??

United Kingdom Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

@LionKiss:

When I see the video of #1, because of their not so developed manes I believe that this lions don't rule a pride. But being almost completely adult they only wait for to take one...
1 user Likes Spalea's post

United Kingdom Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

@LionKiss:

And I love the video #3 ! I have often watched it, and these three lions are absolutely representative of the image that I had always had about male lions: never to completely move back, never to beat a retreat, never to be afraid in spite of the buffalos number.

But I don't know what lions they are.
1 user Likes Spalea's post

Greece LionKiss Offline
( This post was last modified: 01-10-2016, 01:15 PM by LionKiss )

(01-10-2016, 06:54 AM)Spalea Wrote: @LionKiss:

And I love the video #3 ! I have often watched it, and these three lions are absolutely representative of the image that I had always had about male lions: never to completely move back, never to beat a retreat, never to be afraid in spite of the buffalos number.

But I don't know what lions they are.

this video below will enhance the image you have about lions

watch carefully from 0:35 the lions take a defensive stance at 0:45 one buffalo charges but the male lion and the older females ignore it completely, only the subadults play with the buffalo,

obviously the older lions realize that the buffalo does not pose any threat for them..

Greece LionKiss Offline
( This post was last modified: 01-14-2016, 12:43 AM by LionKiss )

this is a nice footage in HD resolution,

what pride is this?
the first video is so funny, when the old male comes in it gets really full control and for some minutes he sits on a another young male, it is really funny

3 users Like LionKiss's post

Italy Ngala Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast

These ear details make me think that they are the Mapogo. I think there are good chance which are them. But i'm not sure, is my supposition.

In this photo: Pretty Boy (up) and Rasta (down)

*This image is copyright of its original author

In this screen probably/similar to Pretty Boy:

In this screen probably/similar to Rasta:

5 users Like Ngala's post

Singapore Skybed Offline

These has got to be some of the prettiest male lions i has ever seen. Anyone has any idea where this place is? The backdrop is amazing!

2 users Like Skybed's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

They look overweight to me and their manes seem a bit long for wild specimens. I would think that they are from a trophy hunting reserve?
1 user Likes Pckts's post

Greece LionKiss Offline

(03-17-2016, 08:51 PM)Pckts Wrote: They look overweight to me and their manes seem a bit long for wild specimens. I would think that they are from a trophy hunting reserve?

I hope you are wrong
4 users Like LionKiss's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

As do I, I get a bit confused by all the parks with in Africa. Places like timbavati or Kevin Richardson or all the canned hunting resorts, I just never know.
2 users Like Pckts's post

India Raj8143 Offline
MR. T

this is some thing that amazed me
1 user Likes Raj8143's post

239Pu Offline

Quote:Jonesdam S36
December 2018
BY - Eben Van De Vyven

Quote:on the s110 sand close to Berg & Dal - April 2018 - Ruan Minnaar
who are these lion ?
2 users Like 239Pu's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 09-03-2020, 01:23 AM by Tr1x24 )

(08-31-2020, 04:27 AM)239Pu Wrote: who are these lion ?

First is rly hard to tell, not best "pise" for ID.

Second are very beautiful lions, with very "unique" faces, they certaintly didnt stick in that area.. I have no idea who they are.. Maybe Kambaku males? Sry i dont have their photos to compare..
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post