There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Visit to Lucknow Zoo, India

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

Today, I went to Lucknow zoo and luckily I got some good images from there, To my surprise I see many animals which is very rare thing In Lucknow zoo. To be honest, I never liked it. During my earlier visit, I never saw any animals clearly, specially Big cats and Bear.
Still Lucknow zoo need to improve a lot when compared to other zoos in India. Zoo outside India is out of question, they can not match the standard.

Lets see some images

First of all, I see this Male tiger. I think it is a big specimen. I have never seen this tiger before

A male tiger in captivity
*This image is copyright of its original author

Huge tiger from zoo

Male tiger from Lucknow zoo India

Tiger in zoo

Big male tiger in lucknow zoo
7 users Like sanjay's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact
( This post was last modified: 02-08-2017, 12:06 AM by sanjay )

Then, Next to the above big tiger, I saw these 2.

A tigress in the enclosure next to above tiger.

A tigress from lucknow zoo, India

Next to the enclosure of this tigress, we saw another big male tiger. He seems to be as big as in my first post, but little less muscular. I have seen this tiger in my earlier visit and he is probably mate of above tigress.

Male tiger sitting in Lucknow zoo

Tiger walking in lucknow zoo India

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

Next, I visit the Lion confinement area. I saw Pride of lion but without Male. I see 4 Lioness, probably 2 among these 4 are Cubs, may be 18 month Old.
I saw the Male lion in another enclosure, He was sleeping and was very very away from us. Since I was taking images with my Mobile camera, I leaved the idea of taking his image from that distance. He seems to be big.
In the board it was written that they are Asiatic Lions, But to me they looks Like African more. I think one of you can confirm it better ?
Here is single image
Group of Lions In Lucknow Zoo India
6 users Like sanjay's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact
( This post was last modified: 02-08-2017, 12:22 AM by sanjay )

We also saw 2 species of bear. One is Himalayan black bear and other is Asia's most common bear the Sloth Bear. Condition of these bears do not look very good and I feel that bears were not given proper attention compared to Big cats. They were very dull and slow. I was feeling very bad for them.

Himalayan black bear
Himalayan Black Bear In Lucknow Zoo India

Sloth Bear
Sloth Bear in Lucknow Zoo

Bear from Lucknow Zoo India

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

This time we were also able to see one of the worlds smartest animal, Chimpanzees. We saw 2 of them and they were looking good. Watching them give different feeling and it was totally cool, funny and awesome.

Chimpanzees from Lucknow zoo 2017

Chimps eating paper in Lucknow zoo India

Watching Chimpanzee in zoo

These were the main attraction in today's visit of Lucknow Zoo. Apart form these animals we also saw, Hippo, Rhino(Indian), Giraffe, Indian Alligator, Lion tale macaque, Many dear species and birds species including beautiful Macaws.

To be honest, condition of Lucknow zoo is very bad and management is not that good. Animals were kept in unhygienic environment, specially those which are not very popular like, turtles, parrots, wild cats, cranes, monkey and other small animals.

Anyone visiting Lucknow zoo can add images in this thread and let us know there experience.

I tried to talk about the Tiger captured by Forest department few months earlier (It has been posted somewhere in forum), but no one wants to talk about it despite of knowing about him very well. They seems to hiding things and avoid talking on the subject.
6 users Like sanjay's post