There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Closed 
Tiger vs Lion strength and Power comparison

United Kingdom BARKA Offline
Banned

Why aren't we allowed to have a FRIENDLY debate about Tigers vs lions in any aspect, without any trolling, spamming or flame wars??...I just want to prove that Tigers are BY FAR the most powerful and strongest of all the big Cats, bar none. What's wrong with discussing that if NO trolls or spamming is involved??...

Sometimes you need a debate to liven up the forum and make it more interesting, instead of posting the same well known info, over and over and over again! I have alot of legendary strength feats from Tigers, and i thought it would be interesting to see if any Lion enthusiasts have anything to compare with it. We can debate this subject in a friendly manner and be sincere and at the same time exchange and compare accounts.
2 users Like BARKA's post

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Hello Barka.

As you may have  noticed, I hadn't allowed your thread to be posted. 

We have a policy of avoiding lion vs tiger comparisons in every way because it leads to fighting and frankly it only brings trouble to the forum.

So I want to ask you to not invite this kind of talk, even having good intentions.

You are, however, more than welcome to read and participate in the threads of boths of these animals. Save the condition I expressed before, we are all eager to learn and discuss them. 

Thank you.
‘Like night-watchmen they patrol the dark nights; marching with intent and chasing all those unwanted into the shadows…those that do not run are removed’
4 users Like Tshokwane's post

India Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 11-26-2017, 11:31 PM by Rishi )

(11-26-2017, 07:13 PM)BARKA Wrote: I just want to prove that Tigers are BY FAR the most powerful and strongest of all the big Cats, bar none. What's wrong with discussing that if NO trolls or spamming is involved??...

You can't... 

What if someone points out that, pound for pound, jaguars tend to have the most bite force & muscle mass. You'll claim true size..?

What if someone points out that in multiple tiger sub-species, males average 120 kilos, while smallest lion sub-species (West-African lions) have average weight of 150 kilos..?

It's not allowed for a reason.

You should know that your proposal was considered, discussed & decided against. You're being requested to respect that decision.

Be a Wildlife enthusiast instead of being a lion/tiger enthusiast, & you'll enjoy Wildfact...

Quote:I have alot of legendary strength feats from Tigers..

..those can be posted i think. Create a thread here: wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger.
"Everything not saved will be lost."

3 users Like Rishi's post

Netherlands peter Offline
Expert & Researcher
Moderators

BARKA

You most probably know that the lion-tiger debate left quite a few animal forums totally destroyed. For this reason, we decided against it.

WildFact nearly has 500 members. Those who post, focus on good information. The result is quite a few interesting threads about lions, tigers, jaguars and leopards. Over 5 million views say this is what readers appreciate.
2 users Like peter's post

Banned

(11-27-2017, 08:04 AM)peter Wrote: BARKA

You most probably know that the lion-tiger debate left quite a few animal forums totally destroyed. For this reason, we decided against it.

WildFact nearly has 500 members. Those who post, focus on good information. The result is quite a few interesting threads about lions, tigers, jaguars and leopards. Over 5 million views say this is what readers appreciate.

Alright, i got you. I know alot of forums have been destroyed by these debates, and that's why i thought on this forum, which is TROLL FREE and by far the most civilised one, i thought maybe we can have a friendly debate, just to make things interesting! But fair enough, if you want a debate free forum, then that's all well and good! No problems.

Banned

(11-26-2017, 09:55 PM)Tshokwane Wrote: Hello Barka.

As you may have  noticed, I hadn't allowed your thread to be posted. 

We have a policy of avoiding lion vs tiger comparisons in every way because it leads to fighting and frankly it only brings trouble to the forum.

So I want to ask you to not invite this kind of talk, even having good intentions.

You are, however, more than welcome to read and participate in the threads of boths of these animals. Save the condition I expressed before, we are all eager to learn and discuss them. 

Thank you.

Ok, no problem. I can see what you mean.

Banned

(11-26-2017, 10:54 PM)Rishi Wrote:
(11-26-2017, 07:13 PM)BARKA Wrote: I just want to prove that Tigers are BY FAR the most powerful and strongest of all the big Cats, bar none. What's wrong with discussing that if NO trolls or spamming is involved??...

You can't... 

What if someone points out that, pound for pound, jaguars tend to have the most bite force & muscle mass. You'll claim true size..?

What if someone points out that in multiple tiger sub-species, males average 120 kilos, while smallest lion sub-species (West-African lions) have average weight of 150 kilos..?

It's not allowed for a reason.

You should know that your proposal was considered, discussed & decided against. You're being requested to respect that decision.

Be a Wildlife enthusiast instead of being a lion/tiger enthusiast, & you'll enjoy Wildfact...

Quote:I have alot of legendary strength feats from Tigers..

..those can be posted i think. Create a thread here: wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger.

I'm not just a Lion/Tiger enthusiast, i'm a all round Wildlife enthusiast, period. I just thought that with this forum being very civilised and "Troll free" i thought we could have an interesting discussion about lion and Tiger strength comparisons. If i saw any trolls on this forum, then i wouldn't have even suggested it....but with everyone on here, seemingly wanting to genuinely learn, i thought maybe a nice debate would do, to liven up the forum. But like i said before....if you guys don't want it, its no problem. I don't mind reading and sharing info on different things anyway.

India sanjay Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 11-28-2017, 12:14 AM by sanjay )

(11-27-2017, 09:23 PM)BARKA Wrote: I just thought that with this forum being very civilised and "Troll free"
You are correct  and no Tiger vs Lion debate is the main reason this forum for being Troll free so far. If we allow, long time lurker will join only to make post even without reading rules and understanding it bit. They will ruin it. You can not control each and everyone in a open forum, if you ban them some of them will make it personal and will attack you outside. Believe me this can be a nightmare for person who is not technical or very emotional.

There are plenty of other forum which allow this type of debate you can continue it there. Here you are allowed to share things which really exists in animals world and their need from humans.
1 user Likes sanjay's post

Banned

(11-27-2017, 10:20 PM)sanjay Wrote:
(11-27-2017, 09:23 PM)BARKA Wrote: I just thought that with this forum being very civilised and "Troll free"
You are correct  and no Tiger vs Lion debate is the main reason this form for being Troll free so far. If we allow, long time lurker will join only to make post even without reading rules and understanding it bit. They will ruin it. You can not control each and everyone in a open forum, if you ban them some of them will make it personal and will attack you outside. Believe me this can be a nightmare for person who is not technical or very emotional.

There are plenty of other forum which allow this type of debate you can continue it there. Here you are allowed to share things which really exists in animals world and their need from humans.

Ok. No problem.
1 user Likes BARKA's post

Finland Shadow Offline

Nice to see, that here is some sense in things. These comparisons, where there really isn´t real research, which would be genuinely comparable, made in same way and same conditions etc .etc. debates could go on years. Obviously people who research these animals have more important things to focus their time and money. Soon there would be no tigers to compare if focus to nonsense. Two magnificent predators would deserve more respect, than people give them in "fanboy wars". Hopefully most of those people would grow up some day.

United States Polar Offline
Polar Bear Enthusiast
Moderators

I don't like the significance of this thread, and feel that this can lead to more trolling similar to the older Yuku times.
"If all mankind were to disappear, the world would regenerate back to the rich state of equilibrium that existed ten thousand years ago."

- E.O Wilson

India Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 04-15-2019, 05:57 PM by Rishi )

(04-15-2019, 05:24 PM)Arctotherium Wrote:
*This image is copyright of its original author
Lion is stronger than Tiger I think.Siberian Tiger most oiled tiger because It lives Siberia,Kars,Van

Sorry friend, no pointless versus "debate" allowed anymore.

@sanjay I'm shutting this thread.
"Everything not saved will be lost."

1 user Likes Rishi's post