There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tiger Directory

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast

JungleTrail

-Our guests had a fantastic wildlife experience in the last trip of the season to Pench Forest. Our guests could sight all the three leading Tigress of Pench ---Patdev, Collarwali and Langdi with all their respective cubs. In all in 6 safaris 14 different Tigers, 1 Leopard , wild dogs, Jackals, Indian Gaur and many other mammals and birds. Thanks to all our safari drivers and guides for their efforts and hard work to make this trip successful. A Big Shout out to Pench Jungle Camp for all the hospitality.
4 users Like Rage2277's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 06-05-2019, 07:47 AM by Rishi )

Puneet Sudesh Suchdeva

14 March
Sambha, dominant male Tiger of dhikala.
He was trying to woo a Tigress ,who was in the bushes and quite reluctant to his advances. He did manage to woo her eventually, looked up this once at us, didn't care much about our presence. He was on a mission of making new Cubs !

*This image is copyright of its original author
9 users Like Rishi's post

animal enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 06-10-2019, 05:21 PM by Rage2277 )

saturn..possibly recent if so,he's looking good photo by Richard Smith

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

(06-10-2019, 05:21 PM)Rage2277 Wrote:
saturn..possibly recent if so,he's looking good photo by Richard Smith
From Tadoba?

animal enthusiast

yea @Pckts
1 user Likes Rage2277's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

https://www.facebook.com/gopinathkollur?...F4&fref=nf
V7 – The Hero of Shirkada (TATR)
I was back again to Tadoba last month, my favorite tiger hunting spot. This tiger reserve has never disappointed me, why me, rather no one will ever come back with empty SD card. It is here where one can more often boast about number of tigers being sighted rather than quizzing if it will be seen at all. The vast expanse of Tadoba National Park and adjoining Andhari Tiger Reserve, the entire TATR as it is fondly called by the tiger lovers is mostly covered by bamboo and teak. Cliffs, flatlands, lakes, marshes and suitable vegetation houses the high density of tiger population.
Tadoba is famous for its three core zones – Moharli, Tadoba & Kolsa that can be approached by 6 gates and the buffer areas are better known as Alizanza, Devada, Agarzari, Junona, Kolara & Ramdegi. However, off late another new buffer area has been opened up to the wildlife enthusiast and that is Shirkada. Core areas have the actual forests and no human interaction happens. Buffer area on the contrary have seen co-existence of villagers and tigers here. With cheaper entry tickets in the buffers, tourism is boosted, and the revenue earned is supposed to be used for the development of the local villagers. The spill over (due to territorial fights) of the tigers from the core zone ensures a good sighting in this area too.
Shirkada, the new buffer did not dishearten me too. V7 as he is known as, is a huge and yes when I say huge, he is huge. We saw him sitting in the water hole, bottom dipping, panting with the oppressive heat. His body moved with each breath he took, and I loved his white beard. No, he is not the famous Dadhiwala (bearded) yet his white beard hang from one side. As my lens slowly met his eyes, they silently passed on a message.
He seemed interrupted and asked me politely – “Now you want to click me dipping in the pool? With my black bottoms? Have some patience to atleast allow me some time to dress up after the cool bath…I know you will use this photo of mine Gopi…not good…kya Gopi…”
I smile…I click on…

7 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Jiten Harode
From the land of Tigers.PENCH !!!

Have you ever Wondered how do they know where to go and make their territroy and can travel to far off places in search of it. This one though has travelled all the way from umred-karhandala wild life sanctuary to mansinghdeo.The offspring of Jai the hunk and is known as "BALI".It was a sheer delight to frame this Hunk.

june 2019

6 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Ranveer Singh Gautam
Shivaji " The Mamla buffer Male "
Shivaji is a young male tiger from Mamla Buffer range of Tadoba.
Age around 4 to 6 years.
Father - Wagdoh Male Tiger . ( As he was seen with wagdoh male in same water hole )
Mother - Dargah wali female.
Mamla buffer is one of the newly started bufferzone near chandrapur . Approx 7km to 9 km away from chandrapur city . 
In past this area was famous for its leopard sightings. Deforestation issues , poaching and illegal wood cutting was main issue of the forest. 
As soon as the tourism buffer concept came around. Things started changing.

Shivaji is not fond of tourism vehicles so he doesnt stay for long when sighted. But as it was summer n this waterbody was the only one around . He came n gave us good sighting. 
Wagdoh male gave away mamla territory to shivaji n moved ahead towards lohara.

Shivaji was seen mating with tigress . Hope to see cubs in next season . Tiger needs protection and they will bounce back.
Write up & info - Ranveer Singh Gautam 
Pic by Suez Akram sir.

Khali Male Tiger from Agarzari zone.

This huge dominant male tiger of Agarzari dewada padmapur Khitada bhatadi range is one of the biggest tiger in terms of size from Tadoba landscape.

Born to broken tail female in 2009-10 , Khali
Age is around 10 yrs. This male has huge territory covering Buffer of Agarzari Dewada Adegaon Padmapur and Irai back water area kitadi bhatadi.

Father of new cubs of Madhuri female in dewada , Aishwarya female from adegaon , sharmili female from agarzari , Irai back water female at kitadi and Padmapur female near kitadi these are the female tigress which are till date seen with him around these mentioned areas by me . He is spreading his bloodline across just like the dominant male tiger always do.
Fights with other male tiger -
Khali pushed out Waghdoh male from entire Tadoba buffer landscape back in 2016- 17 completely. After getting defeated by wagdoh 3 to 4 times finally he pushed him back.
Pasha male tiger age around 5 to 7 yrs was injured by khali and was not seen afterwards.
Shivazari male tiger who was intruding in his territory was also pushed out by him.
Tarachand male tiger which died in electrocution spent few days in khali 's territory but later on ran away from area after facing him. Later he went towards khutwanda gate through farms n died.
Khali been in his prime . He is one of the most amazing tiger seen around in tourism zone with great legacy .
Info & write up by Ranveer Singh Gautam
Picture by Suez Akram

7 users Like Pckts's post

animal enthusiast

Rahul Kuchankar‎-Chota Matka 

@Alizanza buffer 2019
3 users Like Rage2277's post

animal enthusiast

Paresh Deshmukh‎-
Tigers of Nagzira
We were at Nagzira. Standing outside the canteen in the core zone, we were desperately waiting for the clock to tick to half past five and get going. Judging by the sound of the alarm call, we predicted the location of the predator not too far from where we were. The only question was - what was it that the sambar was alarming for?
Tigers of Nagzira have long lived a secretive life. Their reserved life has achieved them an almost mythical status. Walking through deep ravines, sleeping off in far away dens, making kills in the most dense patches of woods, and sipping water from countless perennial sources, the tigers here seldom allow themselves to be seen.
I have been following their journey closely for three years now, and never had they appeared in front of me in all of their flesh! A tail here, an ear there, a run here, and a jump there - this was the extent of my encounters with them...until the morning of 28th April 2019.
A bellow of a sambar from the darkness of the dawn announced to the entire jungle that a predator was on the move. As we reached the spot, the alarm calls became were increasingly loud. There were no pugmarks on the road so there was no way to find out what was there inside the bushes. We waited at the spot, patiently, listening to the sambar. After a few minutes, the jungle echoed with the sound of a fierce growl!
A tiger! Yes! A tiger!
The sambar calls started moving forward, and a few langurs joined them in singing the song of death. As we moved our jeep ahead, we heard another growl from behind. In complete astonishment, we listened to two tigers calling out to each other!
However, reality quickly kicked in, and I realised that these tigers do not come out while they are alone. As such, there was no way that they will bless us with a sighting when they are in mating - one of the most intimate, and secretive part of a tiger's life!
After house of waiting though, finally, the mighty T4, and a recovering T8, came out of the curtain of the thicket, glanced at us once, and continued onward!
The more I watched them from my camera, the blurrier the picture became as the eyepiece filled with tears of utter joy and an overwhelming feeling of satisfaction!
The day I saw tigers of my beloved Nagzia!
T4 (the female on the right) & T8 (the male on the left with a scar on his nose)
Nagzira, April 2019

— at Nagzira Wildlife Sanctuary.
6 users Like Rage2277's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Mohammed Junaid
" Dadhiyal "
Sirkada Buffer, Tadoba

6 users Like Pckts's post

animal enthusiast

Soumyadip Roy‎-This photograph is first witness of madhu's litter.there are three cubs and one of them is very shy.we were the only lucky gypsy of first and clear witness.Thanks Pramod Mangam and Prashant Garate.... — at Tadoba - Andheri Tiger Reserve.
3 users Like Rage2277's post

animal enthusiast

the_bamboo_forest

-By far, the most handsome male tiger of Tadoba!

We have seen tigers that are huge but this one has something special in him; the most beautiful rough of any other male tiger of Tadoba !

Like the male Lions have manes which makes them look beautiful, this male in particular has the most beautiful rough. The rough starts from right under the ear and continues further down to the lower jaw. 
Known for a beautiful rough, this tiger is named as ‘Dhadiyal’ - The bearded one!

Image credit: @thephotowalk (BFSL Guest) 
#ConservationthroughConversations

We at The Bamboo Forest Safari Lodge, have loved sharing this story with you, and shall bring you regularly as part of our Responsible Tourism Initiatives to raise awareness about the nature and culture of the environments we operate in.

#tiger #indiantiger #tadoba#tigerconservation

animal enthusiast

Amal George‎-
Just winded up my Tadoba trip of this season with an exclusive sighting of a male Tiger called as Mowgli ! 

A small story about this Tiger . Mowgli was the first tiger I sighted from the woods of Tadoba and he was at the Kholsa zone that time . He is believed to be the son of Raiba male Gangaram and Kuwani female . As he matured into adulthood he was wandering for a territory and finally got settled in the Alizanja zone . Aged around 3 to 4 year's he has got all the capability to become a dominant male of this region . 

I'll see you in October …
2 users Like Rage2277's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Shruti Dudhane‎ 

WAGDOH FEMALE 
June, 2019

Spotting an unusual, unexpected tiger always have a special feeling.
Meet - 'Wagdoh Female' whose glimpses gave us a sense of happiness, excitement and shivers too!
A rare one to spot in TATR as she is very shy, bit aggressive and prefers to be undisturbed in her habitat.

Dudhwa Safari With Siddharth Singh
I Am Kankati .. from Kishanpur too .. I was displaced from my Territory with extreme pressure excreted by The Sharda Female Chote Mada and Baildanda Female.. I might just make a re-entry 

2 users Like Pckts's post