There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tiger Directory

Norway Jubatus Offline

(06-30-2014, 07:41 PM)'Apollo' Wrote:
(06-30-2014, 07:03 PM)'Jubatus' Wrote:
(06-30-2014, 08:08 AM)'Pckts' Wrote: T-23 is nothing to mess with. He's the one who defeated T-32 correct?
Isn't he the most dominate male at Ranthambhore?
T-57 looks to have a good sized skull. Should be a interesting monsoon season.

T-23 is a big male tiger, and an experienced one aswell, for T-57 to get his territory at such a young age will be difficult... I don`t know who was the previous ruler of the territory before T-23 unfourtunatly... No I don`t think T-23 should have had anything to say against Fateh (T-42), Ustaad (T-24) or Jhumroo (T-20), but he is still a big tiger! Yeah T-57 looks to have a massive head, he`s going to be a big boy some day! I too is looking forward to the Monsoon season ahead! Going to be great to follow T-57`s progress :)

Actually T23 is the son of Jhumroo (T20). He rules the Indala village area, which is outside the tourism zone, thats the reason we dont see him much like his brothers T24 and T25.
T23 is the dominant of the three brothers, he dominated T24 and T25.

Hey @Apollo 
 Thanks for the Info, I didn`t know he was T-24, and T-25 brother! It would be fun to see who were most dominant of T-23 and T-24 now, Is no guarantee that T-23 would be the most dominant now, B2 was the less dominant within his familiy when he was a youngster, but grew up and became the most dominant, even dethroning B1 from his territory!

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

(06-30-2014, 08:08 AM)'Pckts' Wrote: T-23 is nothing to mess with. He's the one who defeated T-32 correct?

T-23 is a big male tiger, and an experienced one aswell, for T-57 to get his territory at such a young age will be difficult... I don`t know who was the previous ruler of the territory before T-23 unfourtunatly... No I don`t think T-23 should have had anything to say against Fateh (T-42), Ustaad (T-24) or Jhumroo (T-20), but he is still a big tiger! Yeah T-57 looks to have a massive head, he`s going to be a big boy some day! I too is looking forward to the Monsoon season ahead! Going to be great to follow T-57`s progress :)

Actually T23 is the son of Jhumroo (T20). He rules the Indala village area, which is outside the tourism zone, thats the reason we dont see him much like his brothers T24 and T25.

I was thinking of Ustaad.He is the ruler of Ranthbhore atm. Thanks.

Bigcat Enthusiast

(06-30-2014, 08:20 PM)'Jubatus' Wrote:

Hey @Apollo 
 Thanks for the Info, I didn`t know he was T-24, and T-25 brother! It would be fun to see who were most dominant of T-23 and T-24 now, Is no guarantee that T-23 would be the most dominant now, B2 was the less dominant within his familiy when he was a youngster, but grew up and became the most dominant, even dethroning B1 from his territory!

Cant believe he dominated T-24 as well. He is a mean cat.

Wasn't B3 the most dominate between the Brothers?
I don't think B2 ever dominated him. B1 was so hardly viewed that who knows with him, the only pictures I have really seen with him are the ones with the wolf.

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Hi Pckts I think it's B1 who features in the documentary, when he took over from charger. He steals a kill from a leopard aswell, I can try to find that documentary! 
1 user Likes Pantherinae's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

(06-30-2014, 10:48 PM)'Pantherinae' Wrote: Hi Pckts I think it's B1 who features in the documentary, when he took over from charger. He steals a kill from a leopard aswell, I can try to find that documentary! 

Its crazy that we know so much about B2, but B1 and B3 are such mysteries.
Typical Tiger personality..... there is no such thing. haha

1 user Likes Pckts's post

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

'Pckts dateline='' Wrote:
'Pantherinae dateline='' Wrote: Hi Pckts I think it's B1 who features in the documentary, when he took over from charger. He steals a kill from a leopard aswell, I can try to find that documentary! 

Its crazy that we know so much about B2, but B1 and B3 are such mysteries.
Typical Tiger personality..... there is no such thing. haha

I know, it's funny! Both of them do actually look like big impressive tigers! Very beuatiful tho! I swear That I have seen that documentary let me look! 

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXEWiX2DRKo here is the documentary! This is part 5, but part one is out there aswell 

enjoy [img]images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Bigcat Enthusiast

Thanks so much, Looks like I have a documentory to watch today.
:)

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

No problem, I hope you enjoy it! 

Bigcat Enthusiast

Here is all the Kaziranga Tigers Camera Trapped from 2009-2011
http://aaranyak.org/pdfs/KazirangaTigerR...11_web.pdf

Enjoy
4 users Like Pckts's post

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

'Pckts dateline='' Wrote: Here is all the Kaziranga Tigers Camera Trapped from 2009-2011
http://aaranyak.org/pdfs/KazirangaTigerR...11_web.pdf

Enjoy

KZT-083! What a Tiger!!!! He looks massive! I love that tiger! 

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast

Hey @Apollo 

Regarding the three brothers, T23 was dominant over T24 and T25 when they were together. But Im not sure who is dominant now.
But I can say one thing when one animal is dominant in a litter, it tends to be dominant throughout the adulthood.

Ok guys, I think its time for me to clearup the confusions.
B2 never dethroned B1 to take over his territory. All these confusions started because of the documentary.
What is said in the documentary is wrong.
Among the 3 males B1, B2 and B3
B3 is the biggest and the most dominant
B1 is the second biggest, lazy, laid back and least dominant
B2 is the smallest and the second dominant

The documentary says that B1 took over the Charger's territory, but its total wrong. B1 never took over the territory from Charger.
B1 moved out and took control over the Rajbehra territory.
B3 moved out and took the hills beyond Chakradhara and the eastern section of the park down to Mirchaini.
B2 was the one challenged Charger and took over his territory. 

B2 had great respect for B3 and never challenged or tackled him.
Once there was an incident at Sita Mandap, one day the two (B2 and B3) literally walked at the edge of their territories and yards from each other. After seeing each other, B2 backed off and finally both turned and went in opposite directions.
Hope it clears up everything.

6 users Like Apollo's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Who challenged Charger and caused those wonds on him, from the documentory?
Thanks for the clarification btw, apollo.

Ustaad is most dominate tiger in Ranthambhore, correct?
Fetah is Ranthambhore as well, right, he is also a very dominate cat.
1 user Likes Pckts's post

Norway Jubatus Offline

(07-01-2014, 01:29 AM)'Pckts' Wrote: Who challenged Charger and caused those wonds on him, from the documentory?
Thanks for the clarification btw, apollo.

Ustaad is most dominate tiger in Ranthambhore, correct?
Fetah is Ranthambhore as well, right, he is also a very dominate cat.

B2 challanged Charger, and caused the wounds :) 
In his area yes, but if he is the most dominant i don`t know, but what is abosulutely true is that he is a big tiger, that rules a big area! Fateh lives in Rhanthambore aswell 

3 users Like Jubatus's post

Norway Jubatus Offline

(07-01-2014, 01:22 AM)'Apollo' Wrote:

Hey @Apollo 

Regarding the three brothers, T23 was dominant over T24 and T25 when they were together. But Im not sure who is dominant now.
But I can say one thing when one animal is dominant in a litter, it tends to be dominant throughout the adulthood.

Ok guys, I think its time for me to clearup the confusions.
B2 never dethroned B1 to take over his territory. All these confusions started because of the documentary.
What is said in the documentary is wrong.
Among the 3 males B1, B2 and B3
B3 is the biggest and the most dominant
B1 is the second biggest, lazy, laid back and least dominant
B2 is the smallest and the second dominant

The documentary says that B1 took over the Charger's territory, but its total wrong. B1 never took over the territory from Charger.
B1 moved out and took control over the Rajbehra territory.
B3 moved out and took the hills beyond Chakradhara and the eastern section of the park down to Mirchaini.
B2 was the one challenged Charger and took over his territory. 

B2 had great respect for B3 and never challenged or tackled him.
Once there was an incident at Sita Mandap, one day the two (B2 and B3) literally walked at the edge of their territories and yards from each other. After seeing each other, B2 backed off and finally both turned and went in opposite directions.
Hope it clears up everything.

Thank you for the clarification :) Never knew that B2 and B3 had met in their adult life! And great info btw