There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Tumbela Coalition

lionuk Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-13-2021, 10:01 PM by lionuk )

(10-13-2021, 08:07 PM)Timbavati Wrote: His condition has improved. Although he lost a bit of mane. Hopefully, his mane will fill up again. With good meals, it just matter of time to his mane grown well and healthy.
Yes, it's very nice to see his condition has improved, although we haven't seen a footage of him walking yet since we saw him limping. We only see him sitting down. Let's hope we will see a new footage of him stand up and walking soon, though.
He never had a full mane like Skorro jr has, but at least his health is improving and, like you've said, his mane will fill up again.
2 users Like lionuk's post

Netherlands Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-13-2021, 10:48 PM by Duco Ndona )

It may already be fully grown for him.
The limp aside, its not like he was that bad off in the last few months.

I wonder though if the limp indirectly caused the demise of the Ximhungwe cub. The three lions went along pretty well before it started. 
Perhaps if he was there he could have protected her. Or maybe the cub followed him to the Othawas when he went back to recover.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-13-2021, 10:12 PM by lionuk )

(10-13-2021, 09:40 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: I wonder though if the limp indirectly caused the demise of the Ximhungwe cub. The three lions went along pretty well before it started. 
Perhaps if he was there he could have protected her. O mayby the cub followed him to the Othawas when he went back to recover.
I've thought the same thing, I'm really worried about the cub. I feel really sad about it. You know, Limper hasn't been seen with the adult female again since the tree incident over 3 weeks' ago. I feel really bad for her, being all alone.
2 users Like lionuk's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(10-13-2021, 09:40 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: I wonder though if the limp indirectly caused the demise of the Ximhungwe cub. The three lions went along pretty well before it started. 
Perhaps if he was there he could have protected her. O mayby the cub followed him to the Othawas when he went back to recover

He limped even with Ximhungwes, its a permanent limp, sometimes better, sometimes worse.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Contributor

I am aware. I was referring more to the resurgence of the limp. Just before that he was climbing trees without much issue.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(10-13-2021, 10:49 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: I am aware. I was referring more to the resurgence of the limp. Just before that he was climbing trees without much issue

Maybe there he reinjured it, he was quite far up, jumping down from that hight definitely took its tool on that leg..
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-16-2021, 04:55 PM by lionuk )

Skorro jr 
Ulusaba
Photo Credits: newworldsafaris

*This image is copyright of its original author

9 users Like lionuk's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Photo taken on 15th October
8 users Like lionuk's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Limper
Photo credit: R. Hlongwane

11 users Like lionuk's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

Limper’s mane is definitely growing! I havent seen him mating with Ximungwe lioness for a while, any updates? Maybe Ximungwe female is searching for her daughter
3 users Like Mdz123's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Not sure how long she'll search for, even she's even still searching at this point, it's been 3+ weeks. 

But she'll be coming back into estrus soon so maybe we'll see them mating again
3 users Like Tonpa's post

Contributor

Chances are she already is pregnant from the encounters with Limper.

I dont blame her for desperatly searching for her cub. She had a rough life. The companion she had from her must have meant the world for her. Though we are still awaiting that mysterious update thats been teased about.
3 users Like Duco Ndona's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(10-16-2021, 10:52 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: I dont blame her for desperatly searching for her cub. She had a rough life. The companion she had from her must have meant the world for her. Though we are still awaiting that mysterious update thats been teased about.

She was never alone before, she had her sister and then cub, must be new for her to be alone, but she is very strong female, i hope she can raise litter in her lifetime, it wont be easy, but she still has time, only around 8 yrs old, females can easily reach 13 yrs of age or more and look very good, unlike males.
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Skorro jr 20th October
Photo credit: micheleh380two

14 users Like lionuk's post

RookiePundit Offline

In the first picture he resembles Red Road a bit, similar stare. Half-brothers.
3 users Like RookiePundit's post