There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Tumbela Coalition

United Kingdom Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Dominant Tumbela making some noise (scroll through the videos)

7 users Like Tonpa's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(10-07-2021, 11:25 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Dominant Tumbela making some noise (scroll through the videos)

What a chilling roar. He is big considering his age. A imposing beast
5 users Like Timbavati's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

Limper hasn't been seen for a few days now, everyone including me probably hope Skorro Jr is been nice to him...
3 users Like Mdz123's post

Venezuela Cunaguaro Offline

The scar-eyed Tumbela, whom I've always personally admired for his looks and presence since their first appearance over a year ago in the western part of Sabi Sands with his two brothers. He had begun gradual acquisitions with his brothers, displacing the old Hairy Belly Matimba in the late 2020s and it is believed that he may have even encountered and fought with HB Matimba in a battle that eventually led to a deep wound in Hairy Belly face and other damage as well.

Scar was once the dominant, then suddenly his health began to deteriorate very badly during his last months, as he suffered from a disease that may have been TB, in addition to this he received beatings subjected to from his brothers for domination. In his last appearance, he looked pale and awaited death, and I personally expected that he would not last a week, and unfortunately it was the last sighting of him, and then he went to die in peace. No official statement or report was issued about his death. But by following him. This beautiful king will always have a place in my heart and will not be forgotten. Sleep in peace away from the suffering you lived for many years and the last days of your life. 

Sabi Sands, South Africa.
Photographer credit:
To follow & for prints: @gjsmitphotography
10 users Like Cunaguaro's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-08-2021, 09:48 AM by Duco Ndona )

He might just be at the Ximhungwes. Its not like he was at deaths door or something. People really need to stop speculating about this lion to be honest. Its getting ridiculous.
Whats next, aliens took him?

Also, wasnt that scar on HB from a hunt?. This is the first I see it linked to the Tumbellas
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

WildRev Offline

There's nothing wrong with speculating about a lion that isn't in the best condition and hasn't been seen for several days, I don't see what's ridiculous about it.
3 users Like WildRev's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Oh.. dont get me wrong. I am all for a little speculation.
Its just that when I posted that I just got from facebook, where they are already making conspiracy theories about him.

Which is worrying becouse it could easily turn into harrasment. Not to mention that it things go sour  The people on the ground may stop giving us info.

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Skorro Jr 
Inyati, October 11, 2021
Photo credit: fotokerpl 

*This image is copyright of its original author
8 users Like lionuk's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Limper is keeping up with the pride and is getting strong. 
Inyati

9 users Like lionuk's post

Spain Calvitoo Offline

(10-11-2021, 07:42 PM)lionuk Wrote: Limper is keeping up with the pride and is getting strong. 
Inyati

Glad to see Limper is on the mend and Skorro Jr is supporting his brother
2 users Like Calvitoo's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Tumbela males bonding time
Photo credit: mashile

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Limper
Inyati
Photo credit: Jenkinson

Hairy tummy Offline

(10-13-2021, 04:32 PM)lionuk Wrote: Limper
Inyati

Hes looking a lot healthier,good to see
2 users Like Hairy tummy's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(10-13-2021, 04:32 PM)lionuk Wrote: Limper
Inyati

His condition has improved. Although he lost a bit of mane. Hopefully, his mane will fill up again. With good meals, it just matter of time to his mane grown well and healthy.
2 users Like Timbavati's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(10-13-2021, 07:37 PM)Timbavati Wrote: His condition has improved. Although he lost a bit of mane. Hopefully, his mane will fill up again. With good meals, it just matter of time to his mane grown well and healthy.

He gain mane,and not lost it, he was completely bald on top of his head, now its starting to grow.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post