There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Tumbela Coalition

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-16-2021, 12:56 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: The one boy to the left of the lioness in the video of them fighting over the carcus, his hind legs, hip, have that sickly, boney look. Seems to be almost a common issue for these poor felines. Wonder what causes this?

Most likely TB.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

United States Matimbalani Offline

(04-16-2021, 10:30 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Judging on the suckle marks on one of the lionesses. They soon will be fathers.

I am curious how this will impact them.

I think they respond by becoming more territorially assertive. Not sure if there is an actual study on this.
1 user Likes Matimbalani's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

I just hope they manage to hang on for a while, the two older Othawa girls are 13 now correct?

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-16-2021, 07:02 PM)Tonpa Wrote: I just hope they manage to hang on for a while, the two older Othawa girls are 13 now correct?

Around 13-14..
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

RookiePundit Offline

(04-16-2021, 07:02 PM)Tonpa Wrote: I just hope they manage to hang on for a while, the two older Othawa girls are 13 now correct?

Should be 13 this caldendar year, yeah, not sure which month(s).
1 user Likes RookiePundit's post

Gijima Offline

I think they will at least for another year. There aren't any large coalitions in the area and they are pretty well protected with having a fence on three sides.
2 users Like Gijima's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Older Othawa females were born between late 2007 and early 2008.
1 user Likes Potato's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Skorro Jr. with Sassy:

Photo Credit : gavman18

*This image is copyright of its original author

8 users Like Tr1x24's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

(04-20-2021, 10:35 PM)Wasn\t Sassy supposed to be denning? The Tumbela coalition has acquired Ottawa territory for around 6-7 months now but no cubs...yet. Tr1x24 Wrote: Skorro Jr. with Sassy:

lionuk Offline
Contributor

(04-20-2021, 10:35 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Skorro Jr. with Sassy:

I thought Sassy was supposed to be denning because there are no sign of suckle marks on her...
No cubs for the Tumbela males yet after they acquired Ottawa territory 5-6 months' ago.
1 user Likes lionuk's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Skorro Jr by Gavin Pickford @gavman18

7 users Like Tonpa's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

4 users Like Tonpa's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Skorro Jr is becoming beautiful specimen, getting bulkier each time we see him.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(04-25-2021, 01:24 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Skorro Jr is becoming beautiful specimen, getting bulkier each time we see him.

Was thinking the exact same thing. When they first came in and began mingling with the Othawa Pride they had small manes, and were a little skittish, never really even challenging HB. Now their manes are filling in quite well, and you can see their confidence growing. I think they were fortunate to have a pride like this, with an old and feeble dominant male, albeit much beloved by all of us, to start with. The Othawa Pride, with Hairy Belly at the helm, was right for the picking by these young males.
3 users Like BA0701's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

I know I was out of the loop for a bit, but what ever happened to the sub males that were hanging with Hairy Belly when these boys first showed up on the scene? I recall them hanging off with HB quite a bit back in the beginning, and then, if I recall correctly Sassy had even led them off for a time as well. Now that I see she has returned to the pride, what became of those young sub males?
2 users Like BA0701's post