There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Terai Tiger

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor

@Roflcopters @Rage2277,

Make of this what you will:

3 users Like Ashutosh's post

woshiniya Offline

(04-10-2021, 10:23 AM)Ashutosh Wrote: @Roflcopters @Rage2277,

Make of this what you will:

You can give him the picture of Thunder and Chaltua,you post those words from him before we comfirmed  the tiger neck with nylon was Chaltua male.
1 user Likes woshiniya's post

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast

that tiger must be known by both names i guess chaltua/thunder

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert
( This post was last modified: 04-11-2021, 04:28 PM by Roflcopters )

i did some digging and i think i figured out the dead male’s identity based on the stripe pattern.

*This image is copyright of its original author

what do you think @woshiniya @Rage2277
2 users Like Roflcopters's post

animal enthusiast

(04-11-2021, 04:27 PM)Roflcopters Wrote: i did some digging and i think i figured out the dead male’s identity based on the stripe pattern.

what do you think @woshiniya @Rage2277

good job man that's him for sure

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-11-2021, 11:43 PM by Ashutosh )

The tiger with a snare around his neck is called Thunder and it’s snare was removed just this Wednesday. This news report calls him just that.

Thunder male is the same as Chaltua male.

As told by Siddharth, this male was seen in Kataiya beat of Kishanpur Wildlife Sanctuary. His territory is absolutely massive.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/bareilly/over-100-days-on-dtr-foresters-rescue-tiger-with-nylon-wire-around-its-neck/articleshow/81993940.cms

He was most definitely darted. Let us all ask around if someone got the measurements.
2 users Like Ashutosh's post

animal enthusiast

i saw a video of him being released he looked underweight  @Ashutosh
1 user Likes Rage2277's post

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-12-2021, 12:06 AM by Ashutosh )

@Rage2277, Yeah, very likely because of the snare. A tigress in Mailani range got caught by a very similar snare last August and she starved to death. Anyway, this Thunder’s territory is humongous and if you triangulate his territory on the map, pre-snare around neck era, it measured over 60 square kilometre.

Anyway, came across another new male called Bhadrola male and confirmed it with Siddharth and he said he was a new big male in heart of Dudhwa.

2 users Like Ashutosh's post

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert

(04-11-2021, 04:10 PM)Rage2277 Wrote: that tiger must be known by both names i guess chaltua/thunder

that can't be it, I don't know. it's super weird to see that they call almost every tiger thunder that's from Kishanpur area. the dead male "allegedly" was also thunder. the male with the nylon snare was also named "thunder". Chaltua is now "thunder". I feel like the Northern Parks aren't really good with names like the Central Parks of India where each tiger is easily recognizable by most naturalists and even majority of us i would say.
1 user Likes Roflcopters's post

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor

@woshiniya, the dead tiger was 10 years old as mentioned by park director in a newspaper interview. He was the male which had killed a litter of 5 cubs of Beldanda female last year and again killed 1 of her 4 cubs earlier this year.

@Roflcopters, you are right regarding nanes. Even Corbett’s males are rarely named. Their sightings are very rare.
1 user Likes Ashutosh's post

woshiniya Offline

(04-12-2021, 10:04 AM)Ashutosh Wrote: @woshiniya, the dead tiger was 10 years old as mentioned by park director in a newspaper interview. He was the male which had killed a litter of 5 cubs of Beldanda female last year and again killed 1 of her 4 cubs earlier this year.

@Roflcopters, you are right regarding nanes. Even Corbett’s males are rarely named. Their sightings are very rare.
Yes you are right, the death tiger's stripe pattern 100% match with the male tiger that killed cubs of Beldanda female,do  you know the reason of his death? 

Attached Files Image(s)

2 users Like woshiniya's post

woshiniya Offline
Lightbulb 

(04-11-2021, 11:49 PM)Rage2277 Wrote: i saw a video of him being released he looked underweight  @Ashutosh

Could you post the video?It is a good news that him be rescued.

animal enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 04-12-2021, 06:20 PM by Rage2277 )

https://twitter.com/i/status/1380373206234632193 here's the link its a 4 second clip @woshiniya
5 users Like Rage2277's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Sanjay Kumar
Pilibhit Male

Anurag Prakash
Dudhwa 

Anandarup Banerjee
Duhwa
Thunder Male prior to having the rope removed

Siddhath Singh
Bhawani Male

Katerniaghat Wildlife Sanctuary UP

7 users Like Pckts's post

animal enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 04-13-2021, 11:30 PM by Rage2277 )

queen of sitabani (scroll up) by rajwar_deep
3 users Like Rage2277's post