There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
The Mighty Mapogos

Romania Georgel Away
Banned
( This post was last modified: 12-18-2016, 06:12 PM by Georgel )

Mr. T, December 2011, waiting his turn for mating.

PC Paul Toonen

*This image is copyright of its original author

"When we saw him in December 2011, little did we know about the Mapogo Coalition. The Sabi Sands rangers however might be able to put a name on him. The most famous, infamous coalition in our day and age.
A band of brothers, 5+1 were the ultimate lions to roam the Sabi Sands and far beyond.
In the picture he's looking at one of his brothers, having a lion sort of 'romantic interlude' with one of the lionesses. To us as human spectators, and we could be very wrong, it was as he wanted to be with her as well.
24 hours later it was the other way 'round. He managed to be with the same lioness while his brother was watching him, from the same distance."

© Paul Toonen
3 users Like Georgel's post

Pakistan fursan syed Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 12-19-2016, 02:03 AM by fursan syed )

Beware new fans and Mapogo lovers beware of fakeness.

@Georgel is pasting some articles actually self written by a well known fraud of Facebook Jairo Reyes. please dont start all that here in wild fact. all the real mapogo experts refutes him. jairo changed actual mala mala articles by his own words. i have a example of it.

jairo previously written that kinky tail killed more than 50 lions by his own. and they are Mr T haters blaiming T for the downfall of mapogos. Mr T is just a lion and doing what a lion should do. also making some dart conspiracy theories like Mr T was darted by rangers when 4 selatis attacked him.this theory is made by Giovi bill also a friend and group member of jairo, these fake theories are circulating in all over facebook. so we dont want all that fakeness here on wildfact. 

thats how he changed some articles . i am pasting for new fans just a example of how jairo and his friends changing mala mala reports and taking advantage of actual posts deleted by mala mala blogs . @Georgel is also a part a jairo group. so beware of fake articles about mapogos.

Actual article of Mala Mala 

and thats the changed fake article by Jairo Reyes he deleted whole part of Mr T from this

2 users Like fursan syed's post

Big Cats Enthusiast

Sister to the Mapogo Males....
April 16 2013

MalaMala Game Reserve
9 hours ago
Sad news today. The Eyrefield pride suffered a tragic loss this morning when the oldest lioness of the pride sadly passed away. At 14 years and 5 months old, the lioness was heavily pregnant. We have been worried about her condition for some time, looking very thin and weak. 

1 user Likes fursan syed's post

Romania Georgel Away
Banned
( This post was last modified: 12-19-2016, 06:41 PM by Georgel )

Some people seems to be obsessed by Jairo Reyes (if this is indeed the real name of someone!), and moved the fight against him from social media to this forum.

All I've posted here is found by MY own research about the Mapogos during the last months. You can't show any proof that my posts are fake (and this because they aren't!), and instead started to fight with someone who isn't member of this forum, and posted that articles on his own facebook page.

To say less, you are simply off-topic.
2 users Like Georgel's post

Romania Georgel Away
Banned
( This post was last modified: 12-18-2016, 08:41 PM by Georgel )

(12-18-2016, 05:16 PM)fursan syed Wrote: @Georgel Mr T is the one who took his brothers went for revenge.

This is a childish remark, a story to tell the kids. Have you been there to see him in the front of the others? Do you have any video showing this?

(12-18-2016, 05:32 PM)fursan syed Wrote: @Georgel Mr T... is the main character behind the notoriety of mapogos.

No kidding? Is there a movie dedicated to him? As far as I know there is only one dedicated to the whole coalition.

Romania Georgel Away
Banned
( This post was last modified: 12-19-2016, 06:43 PM by Georgel )

(12-18-2016, 05:16 PM)fursan syed Wrote: @Georgel Mr T is the one who took his brothers went for revenge.

Actually no one mentions what your(?) fantasy invented:

5 July– In the early hours of the night a lot of roaring could be heard north of the river in Marthly. A couple of guys went out at around 5am to investigate and were amazed to watch the 5 Mapogo moving through the clearings calling as they walked. They had come from the west and had moved onto Londolozi, the first time the brothers have been together as a unite at Londolozi for many many months. The excitement continued as they proceeded to run into the bush just south of Ximpalapala Koppie and catch a sub-adult Buffalo. It was amazing to watch this incredible coalition act as a group again. Having had few experiences with the four brothers (besides from Mohawk) I was amazed to see how big they were. They are incredible and size wise they dwarf Mohawk, something which I never thought possible. I also couldn’t help but notice that Mohawk was somewhat sidelined from the rest at the feeding frenzy. Could it be that he had gone west to summon the help of his brothers and in the process now takes on a slightly more submissive role? I guess we will have to watch this dynamic unfold as well.

http://blog.londolozi.com/2010/07/lion-w...te-part-2/

Moreover, one can also notice the far from leading role played by Mr. T in this revenge story, and the submissive attitude he had when the others are feeding.

Big Cats Enthusiast

@Georgel  this is not a T hating thread . you can do this on facebook. and you can see the documentary and clarify your many issues  . Mr T is the dominant Mapogo from early 2011 till the end of the mapogo era in 2012. before him Dreadlocks and Rasta was the dominant .

Big Cats Enthusiast

Fight between West Coast Mapogos (Rasta vs Pretty Boy)

The lion sightings at Savanna have been incredible again this month. Four of the Mapogo (big males) and four of the Ximungwe females have been together often, and mating with the Ximungwe pride continues. The guides are unsure how many of the females are expecting, however they are going to stop guessing, as every month they seem to be wrong! Future newsletters will however announce once the cubs have been born! Having said this, it is believed that one female – the one with the short tail – has already had her cubs just north of the camps’ boundary, but still on the concession.

A big surprise was that one of the Ottawa females has produced cubs near the river, and most guides didn’t even know she was expecting! This is unusual, as the older cubs that they still have, are about two and a half years old and still with the pride. Usually, when the young males are chased out by the adult males, the young females either form their own pride or stay with the mother to form a bigger pride, before the mothers produce cubs again.
Two of the Mapogo disagreed over the Ximungwe females, however unfortunately, the actual incident was not seen by any of the guides, but as the photograph shows, they definitely made contact, and this particular male seems to have been the loser. Over the past several months there have been plenty of short, sharp altercations, but with nothing more than egos dented or a blood nose or lip. One would have thought that a hierarchy structure would have developed by now.
The Ximungwe pride and the four Mapogo have had a glorious time this month as the buffalo herds have been in the camps’ area. At the beginning of the month they killed five buffalo of varying ages in three days!
The Sparta pride consisting of 12 lions was seen for a short while in the camps’ traversing area this month; however they only stayed for a day, before returning east to the core of their territory.

Pretty Boy Mapogo

Romania Georgel Away
Banned
( This post was last modified: 12-18-2016, 09:15 PM by Georgel )

(12-18-2016, 08:40 PM)fursan syed Wrote: @Georgel  this is not a T hating thread . you can do this on facebook. and you can see the documentary and clarify your many issues  . Mr T is the dominant Mapogo from early 2011 till the end of the mapogo era in 2012. before him Dreadlocks and Rasta was the dominant .

How did you conclude that I'm a Mr. T hater? By posting some well documented articles you can't prove them to be fake? I love all the Mapogos equally. Only a retarded can proclaim himself a Mapogo fan and then favorize one lion and discrediting the others.

You still keep making claims without any base, like "Mr T is the dominant Mapogo from early 2011 till the end of the mapogo era in 2012." Show me a proof of this, and then I'll applaud you as I did before I found out that all your posts here were given to you by others who stay like rats in the underground.

Big Cats Enthusiast

Massive Dreadlocks 

Pc chris

Romania Georgel Away
Banned
( This post was last modified: 12-18-2016, 09:14 PM by Georgel )

Clash of the Titans: Rasta -vs- Pretty Boy

The Fight - Two male lions, brothers, during mating season, fighting over a female.
A lot of people messaged me about the fight between the two male lions featured on the main page. The two main requests were for more photos and also for some details on how the fight broke out.
The photos were taken in 2006 during a safari in South Africa, We stayed at Leopard Hills and a large group of lions settled right outside our camp. Six Males (Mapogos), many females and cubs and it was mating season. The guides from our camp believe that all 6 males were brothers.
The photo shoot started with me photographing one of the males mating with a female and all of a sudden something bothered the mating male (Rasta) and he just lunged at his brother (Pretty Boy).
The fight took only a couple of minutes, it looked and sounded like a very real fight to the death and although it was very violent it seems that both males walked away from each other with only a few scratches, fully capable to fight again... another day.
At the request of many fans I created a gallery with additional photos of "The Fight", enjoy :

Leopard Hills, Summer 2006 - by Elishapira

5 users Like Georgel's post

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Now, let's just chill it down a bit.

In previous pages, I've already said what my mind was on that group.  The original information he uses is fine, the problem is the interpreation he gives of it, usually enhanced to make the Mapogos, especially Kinky tail and Mr.T, "greater", which is why I intervened whenever I had to.

So, let's just get along with each other.

For once, stating a fact, like Mr.T's low place in the hierarchy is not "hating".

And, in second place, @fursan syed you can be sure that I have no problems correcting wrong information whenever I see it.

We can show to the people who the Mapogo males really were, without personal agendas behind it. The personal opinions of the people from facebook don't matter here, which is why is so important that we have this space to teach people about the Mapogos.

But you two don't forget the lesson the Mapogos taught. In-fighting in the same coalition brings little to nothing of benefit.
4 users Like Tshokwane's post

Romania Georgel Away
Banned
( This post was last modified: 12-19-2016, 06:45 PM by Georgel )

(12-18-2016, 09:16 PM)Majingilane Wrote: Now, let's just chill it down a bit.

In previous pages, I've already said what my mind was on that group.  The original information he uses is fine, the problem is the interpreation he gives of it, usually enhanced to make the Mapogos, especially Kinky tail and Mr.T, "greater", which is why I intervened whenever I had to.

So, let's just get along with each other.

For once, stating a fact, like Mr.T's low place in the hierarchy is not "hating".

And, in second place, @fursan syed you can be sure that I have no problems correcting wrong information whenever I see it.

We can show to the people who the Mapogo males really were, without personal agendas behind it. The personal opinions of the people from facebook don't matter here, which is why is so important that we have this space to teach people about the Mapogos.

But you two don't forget the lesson the Mapogos taught. In-fighting in the same coalition brings little to nothing of benefit.

I think is pretty clear that I've posted only verified information, and I don't want to start a war with anyone. Clarifying things is another story, and who don't like this should provide proofs and arguments, not inventing stories taken from facebook.

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(12-18-2016, 09:21 PM)Georgel Wrote: I think is pretty clear that I've posted only verified information, and I don't want to start a war with anyone. Clarifying things is another story, and who don't like this should provide proofs and arguments, not inventing stories taken from facebook.

I don't think he's inventing anything, I've been a witness to it.

My only advice is to calm it down, and not repeat it here. If there's any false or at least inaccurate info, all of you know I will say it. 

And also, just do me a favour and don't fight here in the thread, you know I'll have no alternative than to delete that.

Thank you.
2 users Like Tshokwane's post

Big Cats Enthusiast

@"Majingilane"  i believe he was low in hierarchy in start. but at the end he was on top after dreadlocks death. because Mak and Pb were getting too old . and also i do post about jairo because i want to clear the point that i accuse you for all that abusive comments on facebook mapogos page. and now its also confirmed by you that the mapogos sabi sand page changed their opinion about Mlowathis recently in past they have different opinion about it. its for you @Georgel    thats the end of this discussion by me i am going to post about mapogos like in past