There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
The Mighty Mapogos

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(04-03-2022, 07:26 AM)Dark Jaguar Wrote: Rasta was sedated in that pic, the reason is said to be for medical check up for TB porposes, I think hence why Rasta, Dreadlocks  had that ´´S´´ sign stamped on their limbs.
IF I remember correctly all 6 were sedated and tested of rabies.
2 users Like Potato's post

Brazil Dark Jaguar Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 04-03-2022, 03:19 PM by Dark Jaguar )

(04-03-2022, 02:44 PM)Potato Wrote:
(04-03-2022, 07:26 AM)Dark Jaguar Wrote: Rasta was sedated in that pic, the reason is said to be for medical check up for TB porposes, I think hence why Rasta, Dreadlocks  had that ´´S´´ sign stamped on their limbs.
IF I remember correctly all 6 were sedated and tested of rabies.

What l always wondered is if back then there were other lions captured for that purpose other than mapogos.

speaking of rabies l heard ravenscourt male and his fellow were sacrificed due to eating a dog with rabies.

also as far as l could see Only Rasta and Dreads received that ´´S´´ stamp. wonder why the others didnt get it, at least on the visible areas.
1 user Likes Dark Jaguar's post

Brazil Dark Jaguar Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

Makhulu feeding on Buffalo in 2009.

*This image is copyright of its original author

sources

https://www.newsflare.com/video/402678/m...wsource=cl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOV72xSuUz4
8 users Like Dark Jaguar's post

Italy Gabriele Offline
( This post was last modified: 04-03-2022, 06:26 PM by Gabriele )

I am only sorry that the Mapogos did not retaliate in the elephant plains, maybe for the human intervention of a group of pathetic lions, exalted only because they kill one of the Mapogos in a 1vs4 battle, being able to dominate for years in the void created by the mapogo.

Italy Gabriele Offline

(04-03-2022, 05:09 PM)Dark Jaguar Wrote: Makhulu feeding on Buffalo in 2009.

sources

Nice, Makulu was also seen killing and dragging a 2-300 kilos buffalo in 2012

Italy Gabriele Offline
( This post was last modified: 04-04-2022, 01:45 AM by Gabriele )

error sorry

Australia 1999gc8 Offline

(04-03-2022, 05:09 PM)Dark Jaguar Wrote: Makhulu feeding on Buffalo in 2009.

sources

Big Mak looking absolutely massive.
3 users Like 1999gc8's post

Italy Gabriele Offline

I cried when I saw this video. Pretty Boy always faithfully following Makhulu to the end
6 users Like Gabriele's post

Leo Aslan Offline
Banned

The amazing Mapogo grandson Prince Othawa aka King Nguvu

4 users Like Leo Aslan's post

Italy Gabriele Offline

Blessed with good genetics, thick black mane, huge and healthy, reminds me of Makhulu in size and mane, he was georgeous boy.
1 user Likes Gabriele's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Do anyone knows of the current status of the Mapogo's grandchildren or perhaps even the great-grandchildren? How many, if any males, the prides and so on.

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(04-08-2022, 03:11 AM)Mapokser Wrote: Do anyone knows of the current status of the Mapogo's grandchildren or perhaps even the great-grandchildren? How many, if any males, the prides and so on.
Excluding those potentially sired by Othawa T/M and Mhangeni males as it is unknown if they sired any, then that would be current Othawa, Mhangeni and Kambula prides in their entirety.
1 user Likes Potato's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-08-2022, 06:40 PM by Tr1x24 )

(04-08-2022, 03:11 AM)Mapokser Wrote: Do anyone knows of the current status of the Mapogo's grandchildren or perhaps even the great-grandchildren? How many, if any males, the prides and so on.

Only surviving genes are in Othawa and Mhangeni prides and their descendants.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Italy Gabriele Offline

Rasta severely mistreats his brothers
1 user Likes Gabriele's post

Italy Gabriele Offline

(04-08-2022, 06:39 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

Only surviving genes are in Othawa and Mhangeni prides and their descendants.

I don't really agree on the genetics of the best. It helps? Sure, but there is a lot of luck, think of Kinky Tail, he had excellent genetics, he was sturdy and courageous, but the numerical inferiority fooled him. The 5° Maginjilane was also huge for being young, much older than Mr. T and KT, yet he found himself, too young and inferior and could not reproduce. That's why I think the man should intervene, in some cases. Leaving it to nature means having to accept the disappearance of species as well as individuals.