There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
The Mighty Mapogos

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(06-22-2020, 07:38 PM)Matimbalani Wrote:
(06-22-2020, 01:56 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(06-22-2020, 04:58 AM)BA0701 Wrote: Entirely correct on all counts. I am not speculating to what happened to Rasta, as that is all it will ever be, I am only questioning the injuries to PB, as that image doesn't appear to be from a fight with another lion, at least to my untrained eye. I have no opinion to the rest of the comments made by the author of that post, but this was the first time I had seen these images of PB's injury, which I why I inquired. We know that Dreadlock's death was at the hands of a poacher, possibly Rasta, but could PB's injury have been caused by men as well?

That injury on PB's back can easly be by the bite of another male.. I dont think that poachers would use spears to hunt lions, yet rifles..

In area around Masai Mara local tribes hunt lions with spears, but in Kruger i dont think thats the case..

That also looks to me as a bite plus some infection and inflammation. 

As per "Occam's Razor," I tend to prefer the easier explanation of lions doing what lions do, i.e. killing each other for territory and mating rights.

You may very well be right, and are certainly taking the right approach I believe. Perhaps I was reading too much into it, perhaps it was a combination of a lot of factors, but I agree the simplest approach is often the best choice. Thanks!

Pakistan fursan syed Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast

Mapogo Lions Report - Sleeping Lions
The Brothers Reunion

Report by Exeter River Lodge, 
Dated 4 February 2007

2 users Like fursan syed's post

Big Cats Enthusiast

MAPOGO LIONS REPORT

MAPOGOS VS HIPPO STAND-OFF

REPORT BY EXETER RIVER LODGE, DATED: 7 MARCH 2007

2 users Like fursan syed's post

Big Cats Enthusiast

Three Mapogos vs Hippo vs Crocodile
Mapogo Lions Report - Lions catch a hippo

Exeter Report of 27th April 2007

4 users Like fursan syed's post

Big Cats Enthusiast

Kinky tail Mapogo chases two leopards

Exeter report, dated 1st may 2007

5 users Like fursan syed's post

Big Cats Enthusiast

(Rasta and Pretty Boy) Mapogo lions killed a Hyena.

Exeter report, dated 8th may 2007.

Big Cats Enthusiast

4 Mapogo Lions killed a White Rhino 

Report by Exeter 
Dated: 7 June 2007

______

6 users Like fursan syed's post

Big Cats Enthusiast

Dreadlocks Mapogo Male Lion Killed an adult giraffe alone.

Report by Exeter , 
Dated: June 8th 2007

_________

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Throwback to mighty and fearless Mlovathis

*This image is copyright of its original author

8 users Like Potato's post

Big Cats Enthusiast

5 Mapogo Lions Roared on the MalaMala Game Reserve

Old Archive Reports Reports Dated: 10 November 2007

Big Cats Enthusiast

OTHAWA PRIDE AND MAPOGO LIONS REPORT  
POSTED BY EXETER RIVER LODGE, DATED : JUNE 9TH 2007

3 users Like fursan syed's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

It look like Othawa M and T are younger than I though some time ago which makes them even more impressive. They were looking amazing for their age.
1 user Likes Potato's post

Big Cats Enthusiast

MR.T MAPOGO (THE LION EATER)
(THE LION WHO EATS OTHER LIONS)
REPORT BY THE EXETER RIVER LODGE 
DATED: 1ST JUNE 2007 

Romania Cath2020 Offline

Too bad none of their male offspring survived.... Can you imagine the press and attention they'd have gotten?!  Even now, there are many who ask over and over where the male offspring are and nobody knows except for the two that took off in KNP, then suddenly disappeared. 

Would be even more intriguing to find out the exact amount of surviving offspring sired by each of the males....percentage wise. This could generate endless discussions and excitement, LOL.   Hard to believe Satan systematically killed the last set of cubs by his coalition.  No, they had to be his even though he must have known they were at least his brothers.  The cannibalizing of those lions he killed.  Wonder what triggered such aggression and the need to dominate at all costs?  Extremely high testosterone running rampant?  Almost unnaturally so.  I guess lots of competition can trigger unnatural behaviors....
1 user Likes Cath2020's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(07-13-2020, 10:13 PM)Cath2020 Wrote: Too bad none of their male offspring survived.... Can you imagine the press and attention they'd have gotten?!  Even now, there are many who ask over and over where the male offspring are and nobody knows except for the two that took off in KNP, then suddenly disappeared. 

Would be even more intriguing to find out the exact amount of surviving offspring sired by each of the males....percentage wise. This could generate endless discussions and excitement, LOL.   Hard to believe Satan systematically killed the last set of cubs by his coalition.  No, they had to be his even though he must have known they were at least his brothers.  The cannibalizing of those lions he killed.  Wonder what triggered such aggression and the need to dominate at all costs?  Extremely high testosterone running rampant?  Almost unnaturally so.  I guess lots of competition can trigger unnatural behaviors....

It is normal for a male lion to try to kill cubs which are not potentially his.
2 users Like Potato's post