There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
The Mighty Mapogos

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

"Yeah that's right, Majingilanes seemed like always sticking together so they didn't feel like holding many territories at once, for them staying together was more important.

And other coalitions will do the same too like Ginger and Hb when they left Djuma for the Bboys without even putting a fight, not that Ginger and Hb couldn't fight them of course they could but they thought it'd be better to leave it and explore new lands."

Those 2 situations are very different. Majingilanes vacated old lands after they took new ones from Salatis. Southern Matimbas were ousted by BBoys. If they could fight off BBoys then they would do that, but obviously odds haven't been on their side. It is not like they preffered little land in northen Londolozi with Tsalala pride over controll over entire northen section with freshly take over Styx pride included.
3 users Like Potato's post

Mohawk4 Offline

The situation was like @Tr1x24 and @Potato said
In my opinion Matimbas did the right thing....They were 2 against 5 males.....Live to fight another day....

TB video from the take over BB against Matimba

3 users Like Mohawk4's post

Brazil Dark Jaguar Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 05-03-2020, 10:54 PM by Dark Jaguar )

@Potato
It doesn't matter how different the situation were my point is that they stuck together eventually and when I said they could fight is not that they could beat the 5 daring birmingham boys, what I meant is they were in condition to fight to protect their land but like you said the odds weren't on their side that time. and the majingilanes no matter what choice they made most of the times they stuck together, thats my point.

@Mohawk4
Of course the matimbas did the right choice. hence why I said '' Sometimes sticking together is more important. ''
1 user Likes Dark Jaguar's post

India Raj8143 Offline
MR. T

(05-03-2020, 02:20 PM)Dark Jaguar Wrote:
(05-03-2020, 02:07 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(05-03-2020, 01:59 PM)Raj8143 Wrote: ya...and 1 more thing i notice, when ever majins try to captured new area or new pride they lose the older one to matimbas...but mapogos they didnt lose the old when they captured new land or pride...!!!

They didnt lose it, they abandon it, just like Bboys did..

Yeah that's right, Majingilanes seemed like always sticking together so they didn't feel like holding many territories at once, for them staying together was more important.

And other coalitions will do the same too like Ginger and Hb when they left Djuma for the Bboys without even putting a fight, not that Ginger and Hb couldn't fight them of course they could but they thought it'd be better to leave it and explore new lands.

Sometimes sticking together is more important.
holding new territories with older one need courage and bravery...!!! and i know majins was lacking in that coz i watched a video in which 3 or 4 majins wer scared to fight with 2 matimbas...ya i know hairy belly was gigantic male of sabisand...

India Raj8143 Offline
MR. T
( This post was last modified: 05-04-2020, 01:08 AM by Raj8143 )

(05-03-2020, 08:58 PM)Mohawk4 Wrote: The situation was like @Tr1x24 and @Potato said
In my opinion Matimbas did the right thing....They were 2 against 5 males.....Live to fight another day....

TB video from the take over BB against Matimba

they wer so aggressive those days they would kill any males or coalitions who ever comes on their way...!!! 

u can see they are too young still how they attacking selati male...!!!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDrF90sy9YQ

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(05-04-2020, 01:02 AM)Raj8143 Wrote:
(05-03-2020, 01:59 PM)Raj8143 Wrote: ya...and 1 more thing i notice, when ever majins try to captured new area or new pride they lose the older one to matimbas...but mapogos they didnt lose the old when they captured new land or pride...!!!

Yeah that's right, Majingilanes seemed like always sticking together so they didn't feel like holding many territories at once, for them staying together was more important.

And other coalitions will do the same too like Ginger and Hb when they left Djuma for the Bboys without even putting a fight, not that Ginger and Hb couldn't fight them of course they could but they thought it'd be better to leave it and explore new lands.

holding new territories with older one need courage and bravery...!!! and i know majins was lacking in that coz i watched a video in which 3 or 4 majins wer scared to fight with 2 matimbas...ya i know hairy belly was gigantic male of sabisand...

Majingilanes were never scared. They always meant business and that is the main reason why they were so sucessfull. The only coalition I can think of who actually pushed Majingilanes in open confrontation were Mlovathi Mapogos, but those were real brutes and Majingilanes by that time were just a youngsters. Confrontations with Matimbas and Matshapiris after 2014 were more like Majingilanes don't want to take real risk for territory they don't really care anymore. When Matimbas went into Singita following Mhangeni pride Majingilanes dealt with them without any hesitation.
3 users Like Potato's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-04-2020, 02:34 AM by Tr1x24 )

(05-04-2020, 01:02 AM)Raj8143 Wrote: holding new territories with older one need courage and bravery...!!! and i know majins was lacking in that coz i watched a video in which 3 or 4 majins wer scared to fight with 2 matimbas...ya i know hairy belly was gigantic male of sabisand...

?? Almost all coalitions did abandon their old territories at some point, it was not just Majingilanes and bboys.. Most recently Mpondos and Mantimahles did the same thing, those 2 are one of the strongest coalitions in Kruger atm, so i dont get your point.
Theres no value for those males to hold their old territories, because they already mated with those females and sired cubs to adulthood , so they move further to mate with new females and sire new cubs..
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States Matimbalani Offline

(05-04-2020, 01:02 AM)Raj8143 Wrote:

I am not sure lions or nature at large for that matter cares much about courage and bravery. Come to think of it ganging up and dismembering another lion isn't exactly courage by human standards and yet that's what lions do.
1 user Likes Matimbalani's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Majestic Dreadlocks :

*This image is copyright of its original author
8 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

5 users Like Potato's post

United Kingdom Asad981 Offline

This youtuber is great. He has amazing knowledge on the Mapogo lions

5 users Like Asad981's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 05-17-2020, 11:08 AM by Rishi )

Very cool video, that I, personally, had never seen before. I had no idea that John Varty had gotten so close to Kinky Tail, or any of the other brief stories in the video for that matter, but that particular encounter is insane on so many levels. Sure, it's easy to say after the fact how cool and brave it was, but I doubt those same words were used to describe that particular encounter back when it took place.

5 users Like BA0701's post

India Raj8143 Offline
MR. T

(05-17-2020, 10:15 AM)BA0701 Wrote: Very cool video, that I, personally, had never seen before. I had no idea that John Varty had gotten so close to Kinky Tail, or any of the other brief stories in the video for that matter, but that particular encounter is insane on so many levels. Sure, it's easy to say after the fact how cool and brave it was, but I doubt those same words were used to describe that particular encounter back when it took place.

is it legal in Africa to do  this kind of stuff?....getting out from the jeep!!...and if lion try to protect him in self defense they will shoot them...!!!
1 user Likes Raj8143's post

Hairy tummy Offline
( This post was last modified: 05-20-2020, 07:29 PM by Hairy tummy )

I find john varty rather creepy
2 users Like Hairy tummy's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(05-20-2020, 05:44 PM)Raj8143 Wrote:
(05-17-2020, 10:15 AM)BA0701 Wrote: Very cool video, that I, personally, had never seen before. I had no idea that John Varty had gotten so close to Kinky Tail, or any of the other brief stories in the video for that matter, but that particular encounter is insane on so many levels. Sure, it's easy to say after the fact how cool and brave it was, but I doubt those same words were used to describe that particular encounter back when it took place.

is it legal in Africa to do  this kind of stuff?....getting out from the jeep!!...and if lion try to protect him in self defense they will shoot them...!!!
I am sure it is not legal in Africa, but on top of that it must be incredibly unethical. Not to say that Varty has ever been accused of being ethical, so there's that. This was one of the dumbest, most narcissistic things I have ever seen someone do. As you stated, if he gets attacked, they would have killed Kinky Tail to save him. All to make a video, that could have been made entirely from inside the truck. Same thing happened in Alaska, with Grizzly Man Tim Treadwell. He claimed everything he was doing was for the bears, but yet his actions not only got himself killed, he got an innocent woman killed, and as a result the bear that killed them was also killed. Same thing with this guy, his actions in this video, and his introduced tigers.