There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
The Mighty Mapogos

United Kingdom kingjiwe Offline
New Join

Hello, does anyone have photos of the West Street male lions?
4 users Like kingjiwe's post

Pakistan fursan syed Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast

Dreadlocks Mapogo stealing leopard kill from tree - Massive Strength

7 users Like fursan syed's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(01-30-2023, 05:18 AM)kingjiwe Wrote: Hello, does anyone have photos of the West Street male lions?

Hello @kingjiwe , and welcome to Wildfact! I would suggest using the Search function located at the top of the page. Add into the keyword box "west street males" , including the " ". I hope this helps, and that you enjoy the site!
3 users Like BA0701's post

Korea, Republic of veritas Offline

Hello
I use Google Translator.
I looked up all of Mapogo's biographies.
It's a sad history, but I'm curious about their offspring.
I've been looking for this place with a translator for over a week.
But too complicated a history of lions and blood ties, I gave up.
Who are the descendants of the current living mapogo?
Tell me the Pride that has to do with the names of the descendants.
Mapogo forever!
2 users Like veritas's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(01-31-2023, 01:35 PM)veritas Wrote: Hello
I use Google Translator.
I looked up all of Mapogo's biographies.
It's a sad history, but I'm curious about their offspring.
I've been looking for this place with a translator for over a week.
But too complicated a history of lions and blood ties, I gave up.
Who are the descendants of the current living mapogo?
Tell me the Pride that has to do with the names of the descendants.
Mapogo forever!

Entire Othawa, Mhangeni and Kambula prides in Sabi Sands. They might also have some descendants in KNP if 2 their sons from Othawa pride, 2 older Mhangeni males or 3 Othawa males (2 sired by Matimbas and 1 by Majingilanes) manage to rise some offspring there.
5 users Like Potato's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 02-02-2023, 12:07 AM by Mapokser )

@veritas just like Potato said, but to add some specifics:

Mangheni pride has their two remaining daughters, and the three other females are their granddaughters. This pride was sired by Mr.T and Kinky Tail.

From the Manghenis a separated pride originated, a breakaway pride called Kambula or Ntsevu pride, formed by six Mapogo granddaughters and their descendents including six adult ( now nomadic ) males and six females, five are with the pride and one nomadic.

Then there's the Othawa pride which is likely sired by Makhulu but it could have been by any of the six as they were together at the time, this pride was unfortunately decimated last year and now consists of two subadults females of almost 2 years old that will need a lot of luck to survive and rebuild the pride. From this pride there's also a breakaway female called Gingerella which is an adult of 4 years old. All three of these lionesses are Mapogo great-granddgauhters.
2 users Like Mapokser's post

It's great that Mangeni's two daughters are still alive!
I read Mangeni and Ottawa Tambula Pride.
But I'm confused because I don't know the name clearly.
I am so sad that Mapogo's sons were killed.
I want to see my son who inherited Mapogos blood as a direct line.
Do the two women in Ottawa have names?
They are old but want to have a son.
Thank you all.
It might not be the correct spelling because it's a Google translation.
2 users Like veritas's post

Big Cats Enthusiast

Young Mr.T Mapogo Lion in year 2006 (Rare)

5 users Like fursan syed's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

@veritas I couldn't understand well what you meant but you're asking if the two Othawas have names? They don't, maybe if they reach adulthood they'll get names eventually but I don't know. They're only two years old.

One of the two Mangheni daughters of the Mapogos had three cubs recently but we don't know if the cubs are alive or not, if they are they would be almost four months old.

Mapogos had two sons that reached independence and became nomads, but they vanished into the Kruger National Park so we don't know what happened to them.

Their grandson by their daughter also vanished there with two Mapogo great-grandsons.
2 users Like Mapokser's post

Oh!! I was curious about the names of the two women of Mangeni alive. 

I made a mistake writing Ottawa! I mean, I don't know the names of two of Mapogo's living direct daughters.
It's amazing that a direct daughter would be old now and still be able to conceive!

By the way I have a question.
Where should I write down the general lion's curiosity, not the subject of each forum?

Like... a male lion's father doesn't protect his children?

(I saw someone on another forum accusing lions of wanting only territory, food, and mating, saying they had no interest in protecting their children. Of course I don't agree, ex...Makkulu has seen her child be generous!)

For example, is it difficult or normal for the Liones to hunt buffalo?

(I often saw pictures of Mapogos hunting and eating buffalo, so I thought it was natural for the Liones Association to hunt buffalo. 

But I saw someone talking about mr t's aggression and hunting buffalo or hippopotamus is proof of that. 

So I wondered if the buffalo hunt, however male union, was very brave or a good hunter. 

Also, it doesn't make sense to read someone's accusation that male lions don't hunt, but only steal the food of Pride. 

This is because the Mapogos has always seen them settle their meals with their own game.)

Which forum should I go to read this general story of lion behavior? 

Thank you always!
It would be much better if I knew English.

I'm sorry that the translator can't convey my feelings.
The translator just lists the words.
I am sorry that I cannot convey my deep affection, interest, and appreciation in words.
1 user Likes veritas's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(02-02-2023, 07:13 PM)veritas Wrote: Which forum should I go to read this general story of lion behavior?

The Lions Knowledge Sharing thread is a good place for generalized comments and queries.

https://wildfact.com/forum/topic-lions-k...ge-sharing
2 users Like BA0701's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(02-02-2023, 09:16 PM)BA0701 Wrote: The Lions Knowledge Sharing thread is a good place for generalized comments and queries.

https://wildfact.com/forum/topic-lions-k...ge-sharing

Never knew about that thread.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

@veritas will answer your questions in "Lions: knowledge sharing" thread below.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Big Cats Enthusiast

The Mighty Mapogos Patrolling (Mr.T , Rasta and Dreadlocks)

5 users Like fursan syed's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

A repost, but for anyone who doubts Makhulu wasn't sired by the West Street Males, look at this Eyrefield female:

*This image is copyright of its original author

They are as similar to each other as a lion can be to a lioness. She looks like a maneless Makhulu, I'm 100% sure she was his half-sister sired by Mak Senior.

There was also at least 1/6 Rollercoaster who was very similar to Makhulu and considering how Makhulu comes from the same pride he might have had a full brother there.

Also interesting that Makhulu's sister died one month after him, or potentially in the same month as Makhulu was still fine when he was last seen in march.

Anyway considering how Makhulu was accepted by the WSM and how much he resembles 1/5 WSM, 1/6 Rollercoaster and this Sparta female, it's basically confirmed he was sired by them, though I've read some people say he was completely unrelated to the Mapogos.
5 users Like Mapokser's post