There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
The Mighty Mapogos

Timbavati Online
Moderators

Mapogo and Ximhungwe pride

*This image is copyright of its original author
4 users Like Timbavati's post

Germany BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(12-04-2020, 07:29 PM)Potato Wrote: "Do we know who the sub-adult that they were attacking was?"

He was Ximhungwe sub adult. His mother died and since then other lionesses did not accept him as part of the pride and therefore atacked him.

Ok, so he was of the Ximhungwe pride, thank you for that @Potato . Do we know if he was killed in this interaction, or what may have become of him? He is clearly too young to set out on his own, and he is receiving quite the mauling in these videos.

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(12-04-2020, 09:05 PM)BA0701 Wrote:
(12-04-2020, 07:29 PM)Potato Wrote: "Do we know who the sub-adult that they were attacking was?"

He was Ximhungwe sub adult. His mother died and since then other lionesses did not accept him as part of the pride and therefore atacked him.

Ok, so he was of the Ximhungwe pride, thank you for that @Potato . Do we know if he was killed in this interaction, or what may have become of him? He is clearly too young to set out on his own, and he is receiving quite the mauling in these videos.

As far as I remember he survived that encounter, but he kept trailing a pride and killed by the same pride later on.
1 user Likes Potato's post

Germany BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(12-04-2020, 09:18 PM)Potato Wrote:
(12-04-2020, 09:05 PM)BA0701 Wrote:

As far as I remember he survived that encounter, but he kept trailing a pride and killed by the same pride later on.

Wow, ok thank you for that. He, obviously, kept trailing them because what else was he supposed to do. Very sad situation, unfortunately there wasn't a lioness like Tailless Tsalala to help him out after the passing of his mother.
1 user Likes BA0701's post

Timbavati Online
Moderators

Makhulu Mapogo
Lion searching for prey ar Sabi Sabi private game reserve at Kruger National Park.
Photo credit: Nicole Lisa
Sabi Sabi-Sabi Sands,posted 12/09/2020.

6 users Like Timbavati's post

Brazil Dark Jaguar Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

credits: Rob The Ranger

LEFT: Makhulu    -    RIGHT: Pretty Boy

4 users Like Dark Jaguar's post

Timbavati Online
Moderators

(12-22-2020, 08:35 PM)Dark Jaguar Wrote: credits: Rob The Ranger

LEFT: Makhulu    -    RIGHT: Pretty Boy

Makhulu was a magnificent beast of male lion.
1 user Likes Timbavati's post

India Raj8143 Offline
MR. T

3 users Like Raj8143's post

United States Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

Just coming to discover this video: 2 Mapogo male lions against two Manyeleti males.

Two young and healthy Manyeleti male lions started roaming into a new territory. Unlucky, two Mapogo male lions, Mister T. and Kinky Tail, ruled over this place and began to chase them.
3 users Like Spalea's post

Psyckoo Offline

I am debating with a great fan of mapogo since this morning and he tell me that mr t and kinky tail have beat southern matimba... i just want to know is there any prove ? I know that mapogo fight against matimba but they was mr t makulu and pretty boy i never heard about mr.t and kinky tail alone...

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 12-26-2020, 01:08 PM by Tr1x24 )

(12-26-2020, 06:08 AM)Psyckoo Wrote: I am debating with a great fan of mapogo since this morning and he tell me that mr t and kinky tail have beat southern matimba... i just want to know is there any prove ? I know that mapogo fight against matimba but they was mr t makulu and pretty boy i never heard about mr.t and kinky tail alone...

No, KT died way before S. Matimbas or Matimbas in general came in northern Sabi Sands..

Maybe they chased them as young/nomadic males, but i dont know about that..
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

1 user Likes Potato's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 12-27-2020, 03:12 AM by Tr1x24 )

That magnificent mane on Dreadlocks, thats rare to see, actually i think i never seen such a mane, the best looking male i have ever seen.. 

Also, regarding the size of Mapogos, a lot of people are saying that Makhulu and Dreadlocks are much bigger then the rest, which i dont think is the case.. 

They might be bulkier, more muscular and bigger bone structures, but as we can see on this video clearly that Dreadlocks and Mr T are very close in height:

Pre split KT and Mr T definitely looked smaller compared to their brothers, but thats because they where younger and still developing, they where only around 6 when they split.. 

This footage is after reunion in 2010 i believe and Mr T clearly catch in size..

Timbavati Online
Moderators

(12-27-2020, 03:08 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: That magnificent mane on Dreadlocks, thats rare to see, actually i think i never seen such a mane, the best looking male i have ever seen.. 

Also, regarding the size of Mapogos, a lot of people are saying that Makhulu and Dreadlocks are much bigger then the rest, which i dont think is the case.. 

They might be bulkier, more muscular and bigger bone structures, but as we can see on this video clearly that Dreadlocks and Mr T are very close in height:

Pre split KT and Mr T definitely looked smaller compared to their brothers, but thats because they where younger and still developing, they where only around 6 when they split.. 

This footage is after reunion in 2010 i believe and Mr T clearly catch in size..
Dreadlocks was one of the biggest lions in Sabi Sands without a doubt.
His death had a big impact in the Mapogo coalition, As per Khimbini Mak and Dreadlocks were the biggest of the 6.
However, Yesterday I've seen again the documentary and Pb was a very tall male in his youngers days. 
Mr T looked smaller due his mohawk mane.
1 user Likes Timbavati's post

Timbavati Online
Moderators

Some pics of Makhulu and Dreadlocks 
Credits to his original author 

5 users Like Timbavati's post