There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
The Mighty Mapogos

Ireland Nate121 Offline

Thank you for the warm welcome! Yeah Iv read through all the the pages in this forum so far and have really enjoyed it! You guys have such a wealth of knowledge about the coalition and it’s amazing to hear stories from people who where actually around Sabi Sands and KNP when the Mapogos where top of the food chain! 
I have a question I’m hoping someone could answer what are the common ways lion contract TB is if from infected water/carcasses? As I know Pretty Boy died from that disease.
4 users Like Nate121's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(06-05-2020, 02:57 PM)Nate121 Wrote: Thank you for the warm welcome! Yeah Iv read through all the the pages in this forum so far and have really enjoyed it! You guys have such a wealth of knowledge about the coalition and it’s amazing to hear stories from people who where actually around Sabi Sands and KNP when the Mapogos where top of the food chain! 
I have a question I’m hoping someone could answer what are the common ways lion contract TB is if from infected water/carcasses? As I know Pretty Boy died from that disease.

Disease is carried by buffalos and lions gets it by eating that prey.
2 users Like Potato's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

I must praise Lion section of WildFact. You guys have contributed in best way possible and made the Lion section one of the most visited section of WildFact.

You all are like lion, Strong brotherhood sense and live in coalition making the territory delightful.

Keep this section rocking, just one advice.. Don't get mad for any particular coalition and never get diverted towards any VS debate (especially Lion vs Tiger type).. If you keep yourself in control.. This place will be No. 1 all over the internet taking over several other websites and groups

For any technical problem you can mention me or contact Mod @Lycaon

All the best
6 users Like sanjay's post

Oman Lycaon Offline
أسد الأطلس
Moderators

@Nate121 

Welcome to forum and lion section from me . Hope you enjoy it ,and like @sanjay  said keep up the good work on here .

Cheers!
3 users Like Lycaon's post

United Kingdom Fatlum Offline

A painful memory...

*This image is copyright of its original author
4 users Like Fatlum's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Not really painfully. We do not know if they succeed or not. Some argue that nomadic life is very dangerous, but what really is tough in it is early stage of it. This is however stage in which Othawa boys were doing well. They had no problems with feeding for themselfs, they avoided conflicts with terrytorial males and even put a beating to other nomadic duo in the arena - the Sizanani brothers. They deffinitelly looked like they have tools to become dominant by the time they left for Kruger so I wouldn't just count them out.
1 user Likes Potato's post

United Kingdom Fatlum Offline

True, but wild is unpredictable, and the fact that we have no news about them that is saddest.

(Sorry my english)
1 user Likes Fatlum's post

Germany BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(06-07-2020, 12:30 AM)Fatlum Wrote: A painful memory...

Being new to all of this, with still so much to learn, I do not understand your post. Who are those two males, and why is it painful?
2 users Like BA0701's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(06-07-2020, 04:26 AM)BA0701 Wrote:

Being new to all of this, with still so much to learn, I do not understand your post. Who are those two males, and why is it painful?

Those were the unique sons "males" that Mapogo has sired and have reached the adulthood.
They were known as the Othawa boys (M and T) both of them has went to Kruger National Park in 2012. 

I hope this helps. Cheers.
2 users Like Timbavati's post

Germany BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(06-07-2020, 08:35 AM)TinoArmando Wrote:

Those were the unique sons "males" that Mapogo has sired and have reached the adulthood.
They were known as the Othawa boys (M and T) both of them has went to Kruger National Park in 2012. 

Helped tremendously, thank you Tino!!
1 user Likes BA0701's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(06-07-2020, 08:37 AM)BA0701 Wrote:

You're Welcome buddy
Welcome to this beautiful forum.
Here you can find a lot of good people who love those beautiful animals called lions among others!
If you have more question, Don't doubt in ask. It's a pleasure help to the members who are new.
2 users Like Timbavati's post

Germany BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(06-07-2020, 08:41 AM)TinoArmando Wrote:

You're Welcome buddy
Here you can find a lot of good people who love those beautiful animals called lions among others!
If you have more question, Don't doubt in ask. It's a pleasure help to the members who are new.
Thank you my friend! The more I read this forum, the more impressed I get by the knowledge and willingness to help that I see from other members. A great community, to be sure, so many other sites on the web could learn a thing or two from Wildfact.
3 users Like BA0701's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(06-07-2020, 09:11 AM)BA0701 Wrote:
(06-07-2020, 08:41 AM)TinoArmando Wrote:

You're Welcome buddy
Thank you my friend! The more I read this forum, the more impressed I get by the knowledge and willingness to help that I see from other members. A great community, to be sure, so many other sites on the web could learn a thing or two from Wildfact.

Totally agreed with you
1 user Likes Timbavati's post

Germany BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 06-13-2020, 01:40 AM by BA0701 )

Does anyone have any information on the night Pretty Boy received his injuries from the Magingilanes? I had read that he chased the four of them, which ended in a fight, until Makhulu and Mr. T arrived and assisted him. Is there any video or witnesses to this event? Thank you to anyone who might provide some clarity to this!!

**Correction**
It was the Selati who were chased by, and got into a fight with Pretty Boy, not the Magingilanes

United Kingdom Hairy tummy Offline

I thought it was the selati that got PB
1 user Likes Hairy tummy's post