There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Lion King 2019

Canada Wolverine Away
( This post was last modified: 01-12-2019, 08:33 AM by Wolverine )

Official trailer of the new version of "The Lion King" scheduled for release coming summer ( @Spalea ):

The film director is same as in Jungle Book, hopefully the film will be not so darkish, at least Africa is a land plenty with sunshine....

*This image is copyright of its original author

7 users Like Wolverine's post

Panther Offline

The trailer is very interesting!
2 users Like Panther's post

Jimmy Offline

(01-12-2019, 08:01 AM)Wolverine Wrote: Official trailer of the new version of "The Lion King" scheduled for release coming summer ( @Spalea ):

The film director is same as in Jungle Book, hopefully the film will be not so darkish, at least Africa is a land plenty with sunshine....

Stunning!!! Can't wait!
4 users Like Jimmy's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

Actually Disney is doing amazing Job recently with these type of movies. I am not great fan of their story telling but animation and effect is superb.
Anyone Saw the "Mowgli" on Netflix ? That was much better than Jungle book
4 users Like sanjay's post

Sanju Offline
( This post was last modified: 01-12-2019, 01:39 PM by Sanju )

(01-12-2019, 09:13 AM)sanjay Wrote: Actually Disney is doing amazing Job recently with these type of movies. I am not great fan of their story telling but animation and effect is superb.
Anyone Saw the "Mowgli" on Netflix ? That was much better than Jungle book

I saw "Mowgli" but give rating of 6/10 due to not realistic animals like African elephant, etc.., not realistic animal graphics and darkest simulation like baloo and bhagreera are not friendly. I know the original story of jungle book by Rudyard Kipling's book and watched all the 52 odd episodes I think in Animation. Story of Mowgli is slightly altered but way more book based than Disney's remake. For Disney's Jungle Book 9.8/10.

My review is exactly this...
Warning: this review may contain spoilers…

Andy Serkis’ Mowgli was announced prior to Jon Favreau’s The Jungle Book, and it is said to be much darker and much more faithful to the Rudyard Kipling original stories.

However, I still stand on this: the Favreau film was also dark (with its terrifying portrayal of Shere Khan, brilliantly voiced by Idris Elba), and was also faithful to the books.

Anyway, I waited for the Serkis film with anticipation, and when I watched it today on Netflix, I say this: I loved it, but some parts were disappointing. What is great and what is unsatisfactory?

– What is unsatisfactory: I felt that I was rewatching the Favreau film. I’m not kidding: I felt that this movie was a copy-paste remake of the… remake! With the exact same elements: Bagheera finds Mowgli (BTW, it should be “Mowgli” as in “now” and not “no”) abandoned in the jungle after Shere Khan kills the boy’s mother, and then entrusts our hero to the wolves; at one point, the panther tells Mowgli that he must leave to the man-village, because “the jungle is no longer safe for him”. Got any Disney flashback, anyone?

Also, while Benedict Cumberbatch as Shere Khan is definitely scary, he still doesn’t match Idris Elba’s portrayal of the character – Serkis did describe the character as “a damaged individual”, but Elba’s portrayal is in my opinion MENTALLY DERANGED. I did not like Serkis as Baloo nor Tom Hollander as Tabaqui the hyena, the two being just over-the-top.

Additionally, the scenes with Freida Pinto as Mowgli’s adoptive human mother are great; however, the character was mostly silent throughout the movie, and there wasn’t a lot of relationship between her and Mowgli.

Instead, the film focused on the greedy British hunter, played by Matthew Rhys, who was way stereotyped and clichéd in my opinion.

Last but not least, the biggest flaw was probably the visual effects. While still impressive visually, the movie did not show entirely realistic animals, unlike the Favreau film, which nailed it with its far more astonishing CGI.

– What is great: the action scenes are top-notch and scary, not to mention ungodly realistic (with lots of shots showing blood); the plot is indeed far more faithful to the Kipling books than any of the Disney adaptations; the cast is talented, especially Cate Blanchett as Kaa (see above), the most frightening character of them all.

But the ultimate best character is definitely Rohan Chand as Mowgli: his role was much more difficult than Neel Sethi in the Favreau film, and yet he nailed it with his performance; as a result, we get to see a true feral child from the jungle, with the conflict he is going through (wondering where he belongs). Also, the way he discovers and interacts with the humans is hypnotizing.

So, on the whole, Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle is a good film, really fun and entertaining, with amazing moments that capture the essence of the source material, and a talented cast, though not without its flaws.

Like this mutated doggy like wolf or dog not specified in the movie but acc to movie it's a wolf.

Review by Serge Elia (https://qr.ae/TUnMgw)

Anyone who are interested in seeing the jungle book animation series (Japanese creation i mean the "old" one not new one), can start viewing episodes from this 1st one to last. each episode will be 24 min approx. Find English one if possible myself can understand both Eng and Hindi. So I viewed all of them (I saw in TV at the age of 6 yrs but didn't quite understand but feel nostalgic).

I ensure and promise that it will be the best (100* better than Jungle book (2016))

My fav always Shere Khan... I literally cried when he died because mowgli killed him. He's more than the size of American lion or Ngandong Tiger in the serial. Mowgli is insanely is strong than a normal human being even he is about 10-12 yrs because he grew up in the wild with other animals, like early man with hunting and more physical prowess. Very beautiful cartoon can't express in words. Anyone who didn't read Jungle "Book" can see this... It gives almost same idea like after reading that book...
4 users Like Sanju's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

The Mowgli movie animation was little different, they use photo realistic face animations.
2 users Like sanjay's post

India brotherbear Offline
Grizzly Enthusiast

An oldie but goodie. 1942 in full color. The Jungle Book starring Sabu as Mowgli. Still my favorite version.
1 user Likes brotherbear's post

Sanju Offline
( This post was last modified: 01-12-2019, 03:15 PM by Sanju )

(01-12-2019, 02:50 PM)sanjay Wrote: The Mowgli movie animation was little different, they use photo realistic face animations.
See these...

Mowgli Tiger---looks like animation movie jungle book 1994 tiger

animation serial tiger

real tiger---jungle book 2016 tiger

3 users Like Sanju's post

Canada Wolverine Away
( This post was last modified: 01-13-2019, 10:02 AM by Wolverine )

(01-12-2019, 09:13 AM)sanjay Wrote: Actually Disney is doing amazing Job recently with these type of movies. I am not great fan of their story telling but animation and effect is superb.

Why Indian cinema doesn't try also to follow this path? It has great potential. Enough with those endless Bollywood soap operas and silly love stories, all the same... There is a need of imagination. You see Hollywood? Western people have always admired Ancient Greece and Greek mythology and history. So many gorgeous and great Hollywood movies about ancient heroes like Hercules, clashes between gods and the titans, epic Troyan wars, battles between Perseus and monstrous Gorgon Medusa etc etc... Indian history and mythology is even richer and probably not less fascinating than Greek. Why Indian film directors doesn't try to resurrect by modern IT technology and computer design all these crashes between cods and rakshasas, epic battles between ancient Indian kingdoms, Hindu heroes, travel of yogis through the multi-dimentional parallel worlds, nature etc etc. Enough of these endless silly love stories with Khans, 1000 films produced annually and all the same. Bollywood needs Imagination, Imagination and again Imagination.

I think the example of what should be Indian cinema is SS Rajamouli's mega-production Bahabuli:

Bassicaly in my opinion current India has 2 genious people: Narendra Modi (politician) and SS Rajamouli (film director).
4 users Like Wolverine's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

Well, I agree that Indian cinema sucks when it comes to animation, music, effects and story telling. Here director and producer along with investor do not want to take risk. People of India (the common) still want to see movies with dance, song and 3rd class story. Bahubali is exception. It was able to maintain a balance between Indian type movie and awesome story with great animation.
The recent example, like Robot 2.O and The thug of Hindustan shows that using animation and story telling is way weaker than their Hollywood counterpart.
3 users Like sanjay's post

Guatemala GuateGojira Offline
Expert & Researcher

(01-13-2019, 09:58 AM)Wolverine Wrote: I think the example of what should be Indian cinema is SS Rajamouli's mega-production Bahabuli:

Bassicaly in my opinion current India has 2 genious people: Narendra Modi (politician) and SS Rajamouli (film director).

I saw the two parts of the movies and are amazing!!!

I am agree, the mythology of India is incredible and fascinating!

Did anyone saw "Lagaan" or the history of Mangal Pandey (I don't know if is wrote correctly, sorry)? I loved those two movies too!
3 users Like GuateGojira's post

Sanju Offline
( This post was last modified: 01-13-2019, 12:01 PM by Sanju )

(01-13-2019, 09:58 AM)Wolverine Wrote:

Why Indian cinema doesn't try also to follow this path? It has great potential. Enough with those endless Bollywood soap operas and silly love stories, all the same... There is a need of imagination. You see Hollywood? Western people have always admired Ancient Greece and Greek mythology and history. So many gorgeous and great Hollywood movies about ancient heroes like Hercules, clashes between gods and the titans, epic Troyan wars, battles between Perseus and monstrous Gorgon Medusa etc etc... Indian history and mythology is even richer and probably not less fascinating than Greek. Why Indian film directors doesn't try to resurrect by modern IT technology and computer design all these crashes between cods and rakshasas, epic battles between ancient Indian kingdoms, Hindu heroes, travel of yogis through the multi-dimentional parallel worlds, nature etc etc. Enough of these endless silly love stories with Khans, 1000 films produced annually and all the same. Bollywood needs Imagination, Imagination and again Imagination.

I think the example of what should be Indian cinema is SS Rajamouli's mega-production Bahabuli:

Hey! do you know that's our TELUGU movie... This makes me proud can't express Wow ... the movie which we made giving us this much popularity all around the world. S.S. Rajamouli is a great director, see his other Telugu movies like "Magadheera", "Eega" etc..,

3 users Like Sanju's post

Canada Wolverine Away

(01-13-2019, 11:13 AM)sanjay Wrote: Well, I agree that Indian cinema sucks when it comes to animation, music, effects and story telling. Here director and producer along with investor do not want to take risk. People of India (the common) still want to see movies with dance, song and 3rd class story. Bahubali is exception. It was able to maintain a balance between Indian type movie and awesome story with great animation.
The recent example, like Robot 2.O and The thug of Hindustan shows that using animation and story telling is way weaker than their Hollywood counterpart.

India has always been a land of imagination, fantasy, probably more than any other country in the world. Now you have the largest army of IT engineers, web designers and these 2 strong assets of India have to be combined. When I say to resurrect the ancient Indian mythology and history as a virtual reality I mean to try do this in more Western fascion and also for Western and international public- the movies could be done for example in English, probably should be included less dancing and even to try to include some Hollywood acters, true they are very expensive for the current stage of Bollywood but Indian economy is booming and probably after decade or two it could become possible to rent some American acters. This need ambition. 

For example could be gotten many short peaces of Ramayna or Mahabharat and created a movies with some internationaly sounding names, like the 2010 movie "Clash of the Titans" based on Greek sourses :

2 users Like Wolverine's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

(01-13-2019, 11:37 AM)GuateGojira Wrote: Did anyone saw "Lagaan" or the history of Mangal Pandey (I don't know if is wrote correctly, sorry)? I loved those two movies too!

Story wise these 2 movies are good and Aamir khan(The lead actor) is popular for his act and perfection while doing movies. Laagan was superhit but Mangal Pandey flopped in India.

(01-13-2019, 11:37 AM)GuateGojira Wrote: I am agree, the mythology of India is incredible and fascinating!
Well, the two greatest mythologies of India are "MahaBharat" and "Ramayan". If any great director would like to makes a film on it, I am sure it will be record breaking. The main thing is that its stories are more than excellent standard. And it will take at least 3 parts (3 hour each) to complete the story if done properly.
3 users Like sanjay's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

Ha ha.. we both were thinking of "Mahabharat" and "Ramanyan" at the same time and it proves that these 2 are awesome story ever written in Indian history.

Well problem with India is that, In current time India have everything but non of the thing is at its highest standard. While making animation they tend to miss small details. I have seen they are trying hard to produce animated story but almost all of them is missing small details that differentiate between best and greatest scene. They blindly copy a set standard and put their story line in that, never care to change it. The current generation of Indian content producer are blindly copying others people(western mostly) to produce their content no productivity and no original works.

Now the story telling is same, they will start great but they will end the story in same way, Happy ending and good is wining on bad easily in the end... They don't think of making something greater.
I am yet to see a movie or story from India where Villain can not be defeated just by fighting. Indian story focus on only one (some time 2) characters and most of the time Its hero. I have watched western and Chinese/Korean/Japanese/etc movies were Villain have own the heart of audience by there dominating character over heroes. Our fight scene is still worse most of them copied from Matrix movies of 1999, Now they are copying telgu the same action where The Hero can do anything when he is in anger.

I have a kid who watch cartoons. So sometime I also saw them with him and to my surprise All the Indian cartoon are base on stupid things. They are copied from famous Bollywood character and they only fight with big goons, What a f@ck man ??? On the other hand cartoons from other country his too much educational and entertaining, their animation is superb and made according to its character and story. They know how to teach kids while watching cartoons.

So point is Indian are not ready to come out from comfort zone.
The IT power of Indian has quantity but not quality. If you saw open source and services you will find Indian are missing in them. The large population of Indian Tech companies are doing 90's web designing. They and (Asian) have destroyed the IT market by doing third class work in price less than $5.
India still lack in quality things and most of the time they also lack the implementation. (I am talking in general)
5 users Like sanjay's post